• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Widescreen Issue

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
I am running 20XX through Nintendont on my Wii. The settings are untouched atm (since I tried multiple widescreen effects, all which gave me results unwanted) So my Wii with its normal settings at 16:9 but no widescreen hacks or anything to make it melee itself widescreen. It has black bars, understandable. Now when going into the video settings in 20xx to make it widescreen, all it does is squish the screen, leaving the back bars and not making it fit the screen. So I tried combining this with turning on the "force widescreen" option in USB Loader Gx for Nintendont, no fix. Can some PLEASE just tell me how to set this up, start to finish?

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Nintendont is bootable in and of itself. Why even use both?

Also, Nintendont has a widescreen patch in its settings that's probably the culprit. But there is a reported issue on Nintendont itself about black bars at: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/236
Will try this! I dunno if I made this clear but I do want it to be widescreen. But it never gets rid of the black bars. I just wanna play widescreen melee but it never stretches with the hacks ;~;

Doq

Smash Lord
Your TV must be configured to stretch the image. No matter what setting you pick in 20XXHP, the resulting image is always outputted in 4:3.

BluJay-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jednie
Your TV must be configured to stretch the image. No matter what setting you pick in 20XXHP, the resulting image is always outputted in 4:3.
Only issue is that I tried every video setting on my BenQ RL2455HM, nothing changed. HOWEVER, I found a solution. I went into nintendont and made it strech the screen to 720 pixels across, then just used the widescreen hack. Looks 100% fine. Not seeing any lag of any sorts, I should be fine correct?

Top Bottom