• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Tournament Edition vs 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack

Which is the better hack pack?

• 20XX Tournament Edition

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters

KlassyKilroy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5542-3054
I may just be an idiot.. well i know im an idiot,but im not 100 percent sure what the difference between the two is. I know that 20XX Hack Pack has more inside of it yet what makes 20XX TE so special is the factit can be loaded onto any Memory card.

I guess what im really wondering is what can 20xx training hack pack do that 20XXTE cant and is there anything 20XXTE can do that the Training pack cant

other then that the last thing im wondering is can i put 20XX traing Hack Pack on a Homebrew wii or do i have to use a computer emulator to use it

If anyone answers thank you for your time

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
20XX Training Pack is better than 20xxTE

In all reality, the main perks of TE are the mod being bootable from memory cards and being able to store replays. The replay system is buggy and the gameplay glitches make TE nonviable for tourney play, so the Training Pack is better for the moment.

KlassyKilroy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5542-3054
Thank for the answer it helps a lot and what are the gameplay glitches?

other then that the training back can be loaded onto a homebrew wii right?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Thank for the answer it helps a lot and what are the gameplay glitches?
I can't give a huge list (I'm not sure if there is one), but some of the gameplay issues include sporadic game crashes, character teleportation, certain moves that hit across the map, and instances of characters freezing. I linked instances of the brokenness of 20XXTE in the first sentence of my first post if you want to see it (every word is a different link).
other then that the training back can be loaded onto a homebrew wii right?
Yup, you can load 20XX Training Pack onto a homebrewed Wii.

khaleesi

Smash Rookie
i have tried both and i recommend 20xx. the fact that 20xxte doesn't have random di and teching for cpus makes it way worse for training purposes imo.

Tag?

Smash Rookie
just today i downloaded the newest version of 20xx and i HIGHLY recommend it over 20xxte. More settings and more stable.

Pruben

Smash Cadet
So I have 20XXte and judging by what everybody's said so far, I should get the other version. I have a normal Gamecube memory card and that's what I use. Is there any way that I can switch it over or am I stuck as of right now?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So I have 20XXte and judging by what everybody's said so far, I should get the other version. I have a normal Gamecube memory card and that's what I use. Is there any way that I can switch it over or am I stuck as of right now?
The only ways to get the training pack right now are via a homebrewed Wii or emulating it on Dolphin (if your GPU can handle it).

Pruben

Smash Cadet
The only ways to get the training pack right now are via a homebrewed Wii or emulating it on Dolphin (if your GPU can handle it).
Ohhh the GPU call outs. That sucks a lot though. It'd be nice if they started selling them again. (Just a side note, my GPU can handle it.) Oh speaking of which, do you have a link for a good Emulator and ISO that'll work. All the ones that I've used just don't work. V 1.02 preferably

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Ohhh the GPU call outs. That sucks a lot though. It'd be nice if they started selling them again. (Just a side note, my GPU can handle it.) Oh speaking of which, do you have a link for a good Emulator and ISO that'll work. All the ones that I've used just don't work. V 1.02 preferably
Dolphin is pretty much the only good GC/Wii emulator that is widely used, and the current netplay community build is this one:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/ce493b897d6d3735c930a8465cc0c26bbe5feb86/
I've had this particular build for a couple of months now (upgraded from an older version) and it's running pretty well. I can't link an a .ISO on SWF (it's in the forum rules), but I can tell you that I got mine from CoolROM forever ago. If you can't find it on CoolROM, there are probably half a dozen other sites that have Melee ROMs (unless Nintendo has cracked down on game piracy).

Last edited:

Pruben

Smash Cadet
Dolphin is pretty much the only good GC/Wii emulator that is widely used, and the current netplay community build is this one:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/ce493b897d6d3735c930a8465cc0c26bbe5feb86/
I've had this particular build for a couple of months now (upgraded from an older version) and it's running pretty well. I can't link an a .ISO on SWF (it's in the forum rules), but I can tell you that I got mine from CoolROM forever ago. If you can't find it on CoolROM, there are probably half a dozen other sites that have Melee ROMs (unless Nintendo has cracked down on game piracy).
Ninteno had ssbm taken off their rom list. *sigh* I'll find it somewhere though. Thanks

KlassyKilroy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5542-3054
im surprised this thread went as long as it did

I now know basically everything i ould ever need to know

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
can someone post a link to 20xx training pack pls? I have tournament but want to get rid of it

Top Bottom