• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Savestate Things

Jimmy Johns

Smash Rookie
I was screwing around with Samus's extended grapple when at one point the grapple went back through Samus's head. There wasn't anything behind or near me to grab. I continued playing, lost a stock, then performed the extended grapple again. When I did, I teleported directly to the spot where the grapple came back at me. I have no clue what that was but if anybody has any insight to what this is, that'd be cool.

I was playing on 20XX, if that matters.

Okay, this might be 20XX only, but it's still cool. All you have to do is grab as Samus and while it's coming out, spam the D-pad. All sorts of things happen including but not limited to: being able to cancel smash attacks like turbo mode, teleport both you and your opponent, self healing, and it even crashed my game. Pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauer

The Pauerful
Considering that you're mashing the d-pad, I think you might simply be experiencing the the save state feature of the 20XX training hack pack. See this infographic for more info on 20XX button mapping.
If so, you can try using a different character and see if the same thing happens. This shouldn't be character exclusive. You can see more info on how save states look like in-game and how to use them for training here.

In the future, use the 'Edit' button to add additional info about your post, instead of posting multiple times in a row. I merged all your posts together for now.

Top Bottom