• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Confusion With DK Grab

Arbour Lake

Smash Rookie
When I cargo with DK on a bot, it automatic releases itself and does 10 % to each of us.
Help ;-;

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
It was annoying at first, but then I started to appreciate it. It trains you to do your combos with little to no time, which is good practice for people who will try to mash out and not give you years to set yourself up.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
it's not good for practice because no human can frame perfectly break out that fast.

jonnobigz

Smash Apprentice
That's exactly why it's good practice. If you can do your chaingrabs in 20XX, no human can break out if them

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
No one can break out THAT fast, if they can then DK is literally worse than Pichu.

It's way too perfect. You should be able to to at least jump or take 2 steps vs people who are very good at mashing out.

Keep in mind most people SUCK at mashing out.

The best way to practice is honestly if the computer never escapes so you have an easier time following up. Just be mindful of how quickly someone should be able to get out. Ex. When I practice Marth CGs vs a cpu, I'm not pummeling them at 0% since I know a normal player would escape.

Last edited:

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
No one can break out THAT fast, if they can then DK is literally worse than Pichu.

It's way too perfect. You should be able to to at least jump or take 2 steps vs people who are very good at mashing out.

Keep in mind most people SUCK at mashing out.

The best way to practice is honestly if the computer never escapes so you have an easier time following up. Just be mindful of how quickly someone should be able to get out. Ex. When I practice Marth CGs vs a cpu, I'm not pummeling them at 0% since I know a normal player would escape.
Actually, wouldn't doing your combos faster lessen the chances of your opponent DI'ing your throw?

Top Bottom