• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX 4.05 ai too good to practice?

Pablo's Combo's

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheOfficialPablo
I've been having a hard time getting some practice done against these CPU's lately. I know the 20XX 4.05 AI is monstrously good and is part of the hack. But with the overwhelming tech skill and unnecessary edge hogging makes it even frustrating for me to play. Face it, we all know that no one will ever play as perfect as the 4.05 cpus...except maybe Hax. I just want to get some practice done without having to throw my controller every now and then.

Now of course people may just call me salty and a whiner, and trust me, I AM. I just got off of trying to practice melee. I've never been so mad at melee in my life. Anyone on the same boat as I am?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The you'd have some good follow-ups but you can out space them the vast majority of the time. They're good practice in ways, but bad in other ways, because they still have habits.

Pauer

The Pauerful
The 20XX AI isn't good for training at all. They do a lot of random, super technical stuff without the purpose and meaning that real people put into their attacks. Especially when you're still rather new to the game, I'd say they are near worthless to practice against. Same goes for the standard AI.

PadowanI

Smash Rookie
I also use the 4.05 update and when it comes to practice, there are specific things you can do.

-Work on good shield pressure ( turn up CPU shields to 100% in debug mode)

- Movement through platforms and around stages under pressure

- Practice l canceling and true combos. (CPU has random DI and will punish you if you don't l cancel)

In general, these CPU have a flowchart of options to counter the moves you are doing. They are reacting based on your button inputs. No mind games and no adapting. Always try to find people to practice with!

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I have mixed feelings regarding the new AI. They're kinda silly and annoying, but I find that practicing against something that moves is better than something that doesn't, even if it's in a not very human way.

I do not think it's a good way to learn matchups or character options however, and it's probably not very feasible for beginners

Delta Chae

The Observer
I honestly think the only thing the 20XX A.I is good for is getting used to playing against higher tempo playstyles. They still have very specific habits that can be easily exploited and tend to SD a lot.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
20XX bots are good to practice against for about 2 hours. They have very recognizable patterns and can be easily read. It's still cool to see a bot triple shine randomly every now and then though lol

Top Bottom