• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20xx 3.02

knelo94

Smash Rookie
Hi, I am new to melee stuff, and I am learning some tech skill, I currently have 4.07 version and 4.5 of 20xx but they don't have the many features 3.02 had to make characters spam some moves, could anybody do me the favor of handing me that one, please?

GhostM

Phantom
This method of mine might be more complicated, but before you attempt to follow it make sure that your Debug Level is set to Master, from the 20XX Settings, Training Codes -> In-Game Code Toggles. This will allow you to utilize more commands in-game which helps out especially for frame advancing and hitbox visualization. The best way to practice would be in Training Mode because of the unlimited stocks and time you have.

When you load into the game, pause the game and DPad Right until you see both options (20XX and Develop) are set to on. To resume the game, you have to press DPad Up & X because regular pause will freeze the game, and allow you to advance the game frame by frame by pressing Z, pretty much like a TAS. This is optional, but if you do want to see hitbox visualization for all the characters in the match, hit DPad Up & R, but hitting it again will outline the character models which makes it easier to see.

Once you unpause the match hit DPad Down which will bring up the Player menu for Player 1, and set the Controlled by option to P3, and scroll up to Player: P1 and change it to Player: P2 (This is the menu for the CPU). Set the Controlled by option to P1 and Type to Human, which will allow you to essentially control the CPU. Scroll down to the Replay Info section and set the Replay State to recording. Hit DPad Down to exit the menu. Press DPad Right because it creates a savestate in a point of time, and then hit DPad Left to load this savestate, which then it will start recording the inputs that you make to the CPU. Make sure you DPad Down to exit the player menu so you don't accidently change anything, so spam away any sort of moves you want to do after you exit the menu. If you end up messing up, you can always just DPad Left to restart your inputs.

When you're done inputting your moves, pause the game regularly to freeze it, DPad Down and change the Replay State to Playback, which should now playback the inputs that you were doing to the CPU once you press DPad Left. All you have to do now is change Player 2's option of Controlled by to P2 so that you don't accidentally control the CPU after the playback is done. Again, go up to Player: P2 and change to P1's menu, and change back Player 1's Controlled by option back to P1, which will give you control of your main character now. Now finally, after you press DPad Left again to load the replay of the CPU again, you should be able to control your character when the CPU spams moves. You'll be able to practice approaches, DI, and other stuff with this.

I'm sorry I dropped paragraphs on you, but this method is what I usually do instead of using 20XX v3.02.

Last edited:
Top Bottom