• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2020 US Presidential Election Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
The Left: “Riots are the language of the unheard.”
Also the Left: “Thank God we’ve made sure our opponents can’t be heard! Everything will be quiet now!”

Of course, if you were capable of logic, consistency, rational thought, or learning from history, you wouldn’t be a leftist.
Funny thing about this is that it actually proves nothing but strawmen. You really think that this type of argument is worth debating? I am pretty sure there is much more to the overall problem them hyperbole. But I can argue the last point at least.

Learning from history. Like what? That the right will storm the capital and throw the American flag on the ground to put up a flag of a man that committed treason? That is history.

link2702

Smash Champion
Funny thing about this is that it actually proves nothing but strawmen. You really think that this type of argument is worth debating? I am pretty sure there is much more to the overall problem them hyperbole. But I can argue the last point at least.

Learning from history. Like what? That the right will storm the capital and throw the American flag on the ground to put up a flag of a man that committed treason? That is history.
holding a conversation with that user is pointless to begin with. He posts nothing but articles and click-baity stuff from blatantly biased "sources" that do not have any sort of history of honesty and integrity.

I get that you feel the need to point out every single flaw in their "arguments" because of how lousy they are, but the problem with debating with conspiracy nuts and cultists, especially on the internet, is no matter how hard you try, they'll just come up with another strawman, or conspiracy theory to defend their first one. At the end of the day...is it really worth it? It's why I don't bother arguing with the cultists anymore.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

So these "protesters" as some would call them. Stole not only a podium and laptops containing sensitive information. But also defecated in the halls of congress and tracked it around like wild boars. Even the most die hard of right wingers cannot support such national insults.

And in other news.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/8/2...potus-but-those-tweets-were-instantly-deleted

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
The Left: “Riots are the language of the unheard.”
Also the Left: “Thank God we’ve made sure our opponents can’t be heard! Everything will be quiet now!”

Of course, if you were capable of logic, consistency, rational thought, or learning from history, you wouldn’t be a leftist.
The Left: "Martin Luther King's marches marked a positive turning point for history."
Also the Left: "Hitler's marches marked a terrifying turn in history."

Goddamned hypocrites. Are marches good or bad?

Black Lives Matter protested (very few actually turned to riots despite there being MILLIONS of protesters all across the country) because as far as the current state of affairs in the US is concerned, black lives DON'T matter. Just look at any statistic at all. I couldn't even begin to list the ways African Americans are disenfranchised. Any riots were largely only targeted at property, not people, and despite thousands of protests, there have been ZERO people killed by BLM, but terrorists like Kyle Rittenhouse DID spill human blood.

The Trump Terrorists protested because they're pissed that they lost an election, and they ended up killing 5 people in ONE riot, plus they fully intended harm to our elected representatives.

I would say apples to oranges, but apples and oranges are far too similar.
This is more like apples to hand grenades.

Here's a little explanation as to why that is:

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ahh. You ignored me. Fun. And what is, more projection. So if the blm rioters were being hunted and fired for burning things, you would be against that also? Please try to be consistent. Your only thibg is idol worship, and it is childish.

holding a conversation with that user is pointless to begin with. He posts nothing but articles and click-baity stuff from blatantly biased "sources" that do not have any sort of history of honesty and integrity.

I get that you feel the need to point out every single flaw in their "arguments" because of how lousy they are, but the problem with debating with conspiracy nuts and cultists, especially on the internet, is no matter how hard you try, they'll just come up with another strawman, or conspiracy theory to defend their first one. At the end of the day...is it really worth it? It's why I don't bother arguing with the cultists anymore.
I know. But allowing False opinions and lies to flurish unchallenged allows them to spread. He may never change is mind. But surrounding the bull**** will save others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But you’re missing the point entirely. The simple fact is that banning the right is going to cause more violence, not less. If people cannot express themselves and their ideas, especially as their lives are ruined by the cancer of leftist totalitarianism, they’re going to lash out more and more in whatever way they can.
You can have your own opinion, just as much as you have the "freedom" to do whatever you want in the country, but that doesn't mean everyone has to allow it, because everyone equally has the right to disallow **** in their private ventures, whether it be a store or a website.

And the more you strike at them, the more they will fight back. Trump had conceded. Most of them had agreed to settle down. Now you’re banning them all from social media (proving that the left is happy to be ruled by unaccountable megacorps, and boy oh boy, it’s going to be fun to see them realize the downside of that in the future), trying to get them fired and arrested, impeaching Trump again, and acting like the vicious, hateful bigots that you are, and you are just kicking up a further storm.
1610210670023.png

You're a very gullible person, aren't you?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
And the more you strike at them, the more they will fight back. Trump had conceded. Most of them had agreed to settle down. Now you’re banning them all from social media (proving that the left is happy to be ruled by unaccountable megacorps, and boy oh boy, it’s going to be fun to see them realize the downside of that in the future), trying to get them fired and arrested, impeaching Trump again, and acting like the vicious, hateful bigots that you are, and you are just kicking up a further storm.
Just noticed, are...are you justifying the riot? Are you saying that if people act like coward monsters, that we should just put up with it? What are you saying here. because from the current wording, it is compliance for violence.

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
Alright, time for Round 2.

Is this one of those centrist things? where everything loses no matter what? The killer is no worse then the preacher kind of thing? context is almost always key in filtering out these types of events. And what are you talking about with controlling the narrative here. They marched on the capital, broke into restricted areas, left bombs, threw out flags and disrupted everything because Trump told them to. How are they the victims here? As I see it, in the summer, they were fighting for equality. Here, they are fighting for a man who put children in cages. I see a major difference.
I've already answered the narrative part in the previous post so I'm not retreading that again. But
How are they the victims here? As I see it, in the summer, they were fighting for equality. Here, they are fighting for a man who put children in cages. I see a major difference.
is implying that it is okay to brutalize people with causes you disagree with. That it was bad for police to brutalize people in the summer protests because you agree and like those people and that it wasn't bad to brutalize the current protesters and was actually justified because you don't like or agree with them. And that really just stems from your belief that your cause is inherently just and thus anything that opposes it is wrong and deserves punishment and that anything committed in the name of it is permitted because it's for a good cause. That's ultimately just selfish and biased thinking when you get down to it.

Even with the current logic that the damage of this one was greater than the other, so that makes criticizing the brutalizing of the other ok and this one wrong, you are just objectively wrong that this was worse than the one in the summer. I've already linked you the stats in an earlier post, but the summer protests wrought 2 billion dollars worth of damages to the surrounding communities. And that wasn't just on Walmart but also various small businesses that can't afford the repairs. And that's just monetary too, don't forget all of the innocents that were caught in the crossfire and suffered all sorts of injuries and trauma stemming from that. What ultimately happened in the summer protest was individuals with no power suffering collateral damage.

That is objectively worse, regardless of intentions of the protest, than these current ones. At most, one officer and a few of the protesters died with both sides suffering various injuries. Tragic yes, but they all ultimately chose to do this, the officers who choose to enter this line of work and the protesters who marched in the first place. No innocents were then hurt, unlike the summer protests. And to gloss over that is doing those innocents an injustice.

Now I reject the premise of judging these in terms of how much or little damage did as to how justified or not they were, but even by your own arguments you are just factually incorrect. And that's why so much emphasis has been placed on it being the Capitol itself: it allows people to then say that the collateral damage of the summer protest can't compare to the gravity of the Capitol being stormed. Even though nothing of real monetary value was lost in the place that controls the national budget and it is thus trivial to repair and replace anything that was damaged, it is still somehow worse than hundreds of small businesses being vandalized and thousands of lives being disrupted.

And that has led to rather disgusting displays of jingoism from the people that months prior went around saying things like "**** America" and "**** the Police" and kneeling during national anthems and even burning the American flag. Not only are we being selective about which cause is allowed or not allowed to be suppressed, but we apparently are being selective about when we care about national pride.

That's not centrism, that's called having integrity and principles. When I watch this sheer lunacy whereby which we call dorks in Viking costumes "insurrectionists' and then ban the literal POTUS from media platforms then my lefty sensibilities of anti-censorship and anti-authoritarianism get rankled. The fact that Congress is now pushing a 20,000 page bill (!!!!) in the name of fighting "domestic terrorism" further illustrates the insanity. Most people can't even finish a 30 page essay in a week and I'm somehow supposed to believe that they drafted that monstrosity in a few days?!?? There's no way this hasn't been sitting on the shelf waiting for a time like this to be forced through.

Bottom line, making exceptions for when oppression can be enacted is making excuses for oppression. Liberals have this belief that people are inherently good or bad, so if good people wield bad things then that makes bad things good and vice versa. That's not true at all and the proof is in this very conversation we are having now.

I'm told that we have to censor Trump and his supporters in order to prevent further violence. What violence? Nothing that was done here even begins to compare to the several month long burning and looting that occurred during the summer. I don't agree with either situation's bad elements, but I'm also not going to condone painting every airwave and form of media with "insurrectionists" and "traitors" and trying to pass draconian and authoritarian measures when it was all "Fiery but mostly peaceful protests" before.

And speaking of the media, I'm seeing that cop paraded around like some sort of national hero and liberals mourning him and using him as a rallying point. What happened to ACAB? Why are we suddenly celebrating and defending institutions of power being wielded by the State against the common people? Why are people in this thread pretending there wasn't a sudden shift in values and rhetoric almost overnight from what we've been hearing over the last four years? And why was there a sudden shift from liberals opposing State power and oppression to defending it?

Is it perhaps because Biden won and liberals are now back in control of the State? And that perhaps requires a rehabilitation of State power in the eyes of the public and the liberal narrative? Because in order for liberals to maintain power and quell any challenges to it they need those institutions of power to do so? And that continuing to stoke rebellion and a revolutionary mindset might be counterproductive to maintaining power?

And what are your plans for the Left then? Leftists also believe that current power structures are to be dismantled and are not shy about marching on the Capitol. We may differ in our reasons, but both Trump supporters and the left are fighting the same power structure currently. So if the Left comes to destroy those institutions of power will liberals crack down on them too? If it's leftists that are marching into the Capitol is it then justified to shoot unarmed leftists trying to enter? History trends towards liberals doing just that in order to maintain power.

And what of our fight against corporate power? Is granting the ability of corporations to censor the most powerful public official not just a wee bit scary? Especially given that these corporations are being allowed increasing control over information? Liberals have been leaning heavily on private entities not being subject to the First Amendment, but is that not also the case for the SCOTUS ruling of Citizens United? That ruled rampant bribery of politicians judges legal and protected under the Constitution, so technically it is ok to bribe politicians and judges then? Or are liberals in favor of bribery of our regulatory bodies after all? Should we not be looking to extend free speech protections for private institutions as well if we are going to allow them to have monopolies of public platforms?

And speaking of corporations, what's with liberals increasingly using them as enforcement agencies? I've been hearing nothing but Dem politicians whining about social media companies not censoring people they don't like. Now they are censoring actual politicians. If this country has a problem with oligarchy then is it perhaps unwise to allow corporations to control public information and censor public officials? Because like it or not, Trump is the democratically elected POTUS and censoring him is not good under any circumstances and is a major power grab for corporations.

As someone who has lived through the Bush years I can't see this as anything other than Bush era power grabbing and authoritarianism perpetrated by liberals using this event as their 9/11 moment. We already had Chuck Schumer compare it as such and there's rampant calls to destroy the First Amendment again. Now they are trying to get their Patriot Act equivalent rammed through Congress. The MSM is ramping up the rhetoric by labeling this as "domestic terrorism" which is what the Bush administration used to justify all sorts of draconian acts, such as using law enforcement to spy on mosques.

Which then leads into
And the left is historically the first group that violence is enacted upon. I need a source on that one.
Among the first to be hurt after 9/11 was the anti-war leftists in the media who spoke out against the Iraq War. They were smeared and labeled as traitors and then promptly purged from their positions and ostracized into the fringes. History has proven them right as it always does and that war and all the others were major disasters that are still issues today. But those who are anti-war are among the first to be cracked down on because violence and war is how the powers that be exert their control.

What came next were cultural crackdowns on anyone that opposed the war and especially those who protested it. After that came things like Occupy Wall Street in response to the banks being bailed out for committing what was essentially fraud in the trillions with public money and the Dakota Access Pipeline protests over oil being run through Native American land that was supposed to be protected through treaties. That lead to media smearing and police crackdown on the former and mercenaries and militarized police set on the latter. And the latter was during the Obama administration of whom looked the other way.

And let's not forget about Ferguson and various similar protests centered around police brutality, including the ones in the summer, that have militarized police crack down on them. And if we want to go further back in time we can talk about how various intelligence agencies like the CIA orchestrated CoIntel Pro to infiltrate and undermine left-wing anti-war activists.

That's just in the contemporary US btw. You have an entire global history of crackdowns on left-wing activism because that's what power does. And it doesn't matter whether conservatives or liberals are in charge the result is always the same. The same smears that Mcarthyism wrought upon the Left during the Red Scare are effectively the same thing Cancel Culture wrings upon both the Left and the Right today. If you aren't immediately and vociferously signaling along liberal tribal lines you are racist/bigoted/sexist/misogynist/etc and at the very least using right-wing talking points/dog whistling/engaging in whataboutism/helping Donald Trump/the Right. Much like how if you weren't doing the same with signaling loyalty to State power and American imperialism you were a Communist sympathizer and a traitor and both had people lose their jobs and become blacklisted from polite society.

And that's why leftists oppose power no matter who is wielding it or for what purpose. It's always turned on them and the weak. You cannot leverage these forms of power without being in power yourself. And it's annoying when liberals are pretending to be these oppressed victims as they are currently wielding all forms of power possible to crack down on Viking cosplayers and other goobers.

Liberals both believe that people are inherently good and evil as well as the end justifies the means. And because they are good people and thus any means justify their end goal then all is permitted and excused for the sake of reaching that goal. And that is an incredibly dangerous mindset when it comes to wielding power. And liberals need to do some deep introspection. Because we have a term for the fusion of State, corporate, and cultural power.

It's called Fascism.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I disagree with removing Trump from these platforms. I applaud though the removal of figures like Lin Wood though. I must say I’m not surprised that this was coming and surprised it took so long. That being said, removing an US President from a social platform is one HUGE precedent that is going to ultimately have an quality HUGE on social media; positively and negatively. Will it become an even more damaging weapon for the Radical Left? Will it become a frequent boogeyman and Target #1 for the Radical Right? I think so both.

Removing Trump also paints a path for him to enter into the social media sphere where his supporters are the most loudest: Gab and Parler. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see Trump make accounts there within an official presidential capacity. At least on Twitter, the public could keep an eye on him. There, he’s able to fester in a litter of mosh pit of conspiracy theories, hatred, and terrorism propaganda. He will be a king there and all of the vile they spew there will help invigorate him. We was moderated on Twitter but he will be praised and adored on those platforms and treated more or less like the second coming of Christ.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why yes this was truly a “peaceful” protest
https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/ktym5t
He will be a king there and all of the vile they spew there will help invigorate him. We was moderated on Twitter but he will be praised and adored on those platforms and treated more or less like the second coming of Christ.
Ironic considering he almost 100% fits the bill of being the anti-christ.
Like, if jesus was still around he would 100% go ham on him, trump stands for everything he is against

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I disagree with removing Trump from these platforms. I applaud though the removal of figures like Lin Wood though. I must say I’m not surprised that this was coming and surprised it took so long. That being said, removing an US President from a social platform is one HUGE precedent that is going to ultimately have an quality HUGE on social media; positively and negatively. Will it become an even more damaging weapon for the Radical Left? Will it become a frequent boogeyman and Target #1 for the Radical Right? I think so both.

Removing Trump also paints a path for him to enter into the social media sphere where his supporters are the most loudest: Gab and Parler. I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see Trump make accounts there within an official presidential capacity. At least on Twitter, the public could keep an eye on him. There, he’s able to fester in a litter of mosh pit of conspiracy theories, hatred, and terrorism propaganda. He will be a king there and all of the vile they spew there will help invigorate him. We was moderated on Twitter but he will be praised and adored on those platforms and treated more or less like the second coming of Christ.
Easy. Declare Parler a terrorist organisation.
They literally allow people to plan terrorist plots, say the N-word, and share child pornography. But Leftist "trolls" are banned.

Free speech is predicated on the fact that there on consequences for the most egregious uses of it and that the identity of the speaker is public.
I have the right to stand outside my house all day with a sign saying, "Hang all (N-word)'s!" but I'm liable to be decked for that, which would deter me from doing the same **** again.
These "free speech" internet platforms like Kiwifarms inevitably turn into Nazi hellholes because the anonymity of the internet protects people from consequences and becomes a race to the bottom for who can bully the most people out of the platform until it becomes an echo chamber for the most deplorable incels among us.

Speaking of incels, remember when Reddit allowed just anyone on their platform and inevitably became the de facto place for child pornography and terrorists?
Turns out, saying that (edit: r-word censored, forced sex) should be legal and women should be seen as property doesn't fly when you're not anonymous behind a computer screen.

To say that Twitter has no right to ban someone, even a United States president, from their platform by actively using the platform to encourage terrorism is to also say that YouTube has no right to remove ISIS propaganda videos. No one is above the law or the rules that the rest of us have to follow.

You have the right to speech, not a platform.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
And Parler has been removed from both Apple and Google Play stores, as well as booted off Amazon’s web service.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nevermind. I’m not going to get too much involved as I tend to get personal. That being said, I don’t agree with labeling Parler a terrorist organization.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Perhaps not literally a terrorist organization, but it is undeniable that Parler is being used as a platform to spread terrorism, and it must be treated as such. They are AT BEST sympathizers.
I too used to think that deplatforming only added fuel to the fire, but that has not been born out in reality. Once Twitter banned Milo Yiannopolus and other far-right figures, they've completely lost relevancy. I see no reason for it to change.
Twitter and Facebook need to take a hard look at the trouble they've caused allowing mass lying propaganda to spread. They've used algorithms to give people the content they were more likely to consume which created a pipeline to far-right radicalization and being trapped in echo chambers.
While yes, there IS something to be said about Social Media giants' influence in our lives, and that can be addressed, but protecting their nation from a madman actively stirring up violence and insurrection is a damned good reason to crack down.

But to change the subject slightly to peer pressure, social ostracization, and culture.
Every society has a culture with unspoken rules, whether they be good or bad. If you look at a map of where people of different religions reside, you'll notice that religious affiliation is almost 1-to-1 to geographic region. While this is partially tied to childhood indoctrination, it has more to do with cultural acceptance. Urban areas are much more religiously diverse whereas rural areas are much more homogeneous. It's no accident that rural areas tend to be both less diverse and less tolerant. This is because of culture and peer pressure to not stray from the norm.
For all of history, this has been used for oppression of minorities. Black people knew where not to go after dark, gays knew not to be open with their sexuality, etc. The minorities didn't change; the culture did.
This same principle can be used in a positive manner. In many ancient (and some modern) cultures, women were seen as quite literally chattel with no more human rights than a goat. Whether or not you believe in gender equality is not some accident of genetics; it is purely based on your environment. I daresay that most users here also live in a society that frowns upon sexism. Unless you're an extremely progressively minded person, you lucked out being born into a culture that values women's rights. You likely didn't come to that conclusion yourself.

Donald Trump made fascism socially acceptable in the United States, so we as a society have to do our part to make fascists, racists, Neo-Nazis, violent terrorists, etc as afraid to show their face in public as they made black and gay people in the past. Kicking their sorry asses off of social media is step one. They must be shown that they are not welcome in polite society, at least not openly.
Do not befriend them. Do not have sex with them. Ban them from your online communities. Do not let them sit at the proverbial "cool kids table". While this may seem crude, it is sociologically effective.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Nevermind. I’m not going to get too much involved as I tend to get personal. That being said, I don’t agree with labeling Parler a terrorist organization.
A lot of sites don't start out as Terrorist organization ether but until the monitors of Parler clean out the rat's nest. (Which would be difficult because the moment the mods start enforcing rules many people will leave the platform which would lead to decrease in ad revenue.) Parler is going to have to be regarded with caution.

People hate rules and regulations but rules and regulations keep sites from turning into 8kun.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The last thing I'm gonna say for now is that this week has been one hell of a ride, that's for sure.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
This week makes me feel bad for the Republicans. What Trump has done casted Trump in the minds of his most devoted followers as their guy and no one else. Ted Cruz and Josh Howley will have to grovel before the Trump dynasty to even get Trump's base to even look in their direction and its sad. Trump is like a drug, he gives his base a high feeling. Which means Republicans will have to replicate Trump's charisma going forward.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
People really do think black folks are drug addicts or worse born prone to addiction. Do I think it's true? Of course I don't lol.
1) How is being "prone to addiction" considered worse than being a drug addict to you?

2) ...people are prone to addiction, you realize? Addictive behavior, everything from gambling addiction to alcoholism, is hereditary. That's why it "runs in the family" so much, along with the double whammy of people genetically vulnerable to addiction raise kids in an environment with said addiction as a part of life.

Honestly, I think they should have saved it for later. The cornered rat is going to bite big soon at this rate. The cards falling needs to be slower otherwise he might just blow up the world.
They should of done it a week into his term when he lied about his inauguration crowd sizes.

A lot of sites don't start out as Terrorist organization ether but until the monitors of Parler clean out the rat's nest. (Which would be difficult because the moment the mods start enforcing rules many people will leave the platform which would lead to decrease in ad revenue.) Parler is going to have to be regarded with caution.

People hate rules and regulations but rules and regulations keep sites from turning into 8kun.
blinks

...You do know that plenty of terrorist organizations (as in, "literally ****ing Taliban and Hezbollah") have and continue to have accounts on twitter and facebook, right? Take a single step down to stuff like literal nazis such as Louis Farrakahn and he even has a blue check.

The latter has no excuse, but IIRC the idea with stuff like the former was militaries actually love it when terrorist sects do that; there were times the US army figured out where ISIS bases were in Syria based off their twitter pictures.

That's sort of the thing about...almost everything on social media. The other week when ******* nuked ~85% of their website after a NYT article got VISA and Mastercard to pull transactions from their website, they pointed out that Facebook and Twitter are orders of magnitude worse based on how much is uploaded.

I too used to think that deplatforming only added fuel to the fire, but that has not been born out in reality. Once Twitter banned Milo Yiannopolus and other far-right figures, they've completely lost relevancy. I see no reason for it to change.
That implies that Milo Yiannopolus and others in whatever tier you're putting them in were ever relevant. The attention given to Milo for example was entirely inexplicable as much as it was fully driven by people not liking him, thus giving him any publicity whatsoever.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
1) How is being "prone to addiction" considered worse than being a drug addict to you?

2) ...people are prone to addiction, you realize? Addictive behavior, everything from gambling addiction to alcoholism, is hereditary. That's why it "runs in the family" so much, along with the double whammy of people genetically vulnerable to addiction raise kids in an environment with said addiction as a part of life.
This is the wrong place to discuss this, now. Besides being a simple response to another user's question, it's going off topic. if we continue. We can make a new discussion thread, however. It's an important issue and to my knowledge the War On Drugs has never been properly discussed, or it's archived.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Trump cannot do anything gracefully. Even leaving the whitehouse is like a turd. Atleast he is actually leaving. Finally.

D

Deleted member

he’s finally gone, but he pardoned like half of his supporters on the way out so uh -_-

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
What a ride this has been. Less than four hours now.

I find this fascinating.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I know Biden's already done some stuff like trying to get back in the Paris accords and all but I feel that this is still a good example of why a Democrat president still needs to get pressured by the people hard, if he's going to say he's fixing **** then he better well prove it

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny

I know Biden's already done some stuff like trying to get back in the Paris accords and all but I feel that this is still a good example of why a Democrat president still needs to get pressured by the people hard, if he's going to say he's fixing **** then he better well prove it
Biden was the one who pushed for equal marriage rights for The LGBTQ community. So Biden will most likely refuse all the crappy things Trump has put forth. It just breaks my heart though that Trump went on an execution spree in his final weeks in office.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
How can biden just not repeal that garbage? I fail to see how any agency would take these changes seriously given the change in power is today.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Biden's first afternoon in office will be to sign 17 executive orders or decrees. During his first two weeks he is scheduled to sign dozens more executive orders, basically reversing everything Trump did without Congressional approval (cause that's harder to reverse as it's law). Basically we're hitting the reset button. The tea party turned koolaid can call themselves the Patriot Party now, with Trump as its leader and or top financier, and we can pick up from where Obama left off. In 2016 it'd have been a Clinton trajectory. Now it's a Biden trajectory peopled heavily by Obama personnel.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Breaking news Joe Exotic The "Tiger King" is not among those pardoned by Trump. Which is humorously ironic because Joe's Lawyer had a limo parked outside of his office ready to pick Joe up. So much for licking Trump's shoe heels.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Well that's that, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom