• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[2019 Guide] Yet another decisive guide to Install Project M on your Wii (And Online!)

MrMiguel211

Smash Rookie
But this time, you can play Online too! (With Wiimmfi)

This guide will help you play any Version/Mod of Brawl/Project M (Whatever you want to use) Online on your Wii as well as showing an alternative method of Installing (Via making an ISO)

~Online/Offline
-Online Only

You will need:

-An account in, linked to
~A Super Smash Bros. Brawl ISO at your disposal, preferably NTSC (You need to get it on your own, hopefully ripped)
~Any Drive like an USB or SD, any could work alone.
~Latest version of BrawlBuilder, you can find it here.
-wiimmfi-patcher-v4
~Project M Banner (Made by u/cheatfreak47)

Steps:

-Take your Brawl ISO and patch it with the Wiimmfi Patcher
~Extract projectm_nohomebrew3.6 or nohomebrew3.6 (How it appears)
-Open nohomebrew3.6-mf and go to projectm/launcher/addons and open wifi.7z
-(Keep the zip open) Go back to projectm/pf/menu2 and move all files but RSBE01.gct and info.xml
-Go back to nohomebrew3.6-mf/codes and move RSBE01.gct there, replace the file in it
~Open BrawlBuilder
~Select your patched Brawl ISO, Mod Folder (nohomebrew3.6-pf/projectm select pf), GCT file (nohomebrew3.6-mf/codes)
~Change game ID to RSBEPM (Offline Only) or RSBEPW (Online)
~Change game Title to: Super Smash Bros. Project M
~Select the Banner File that you Downloaded earlier
~Build the ISO
-Once you're done with all that, go to your save files on your Wii and Delete all your Brawl data, this has to be done in order to reset
your friend code or else Online Play won't work, (Error Code #60000) It's up to you whenever to backup data or not.

And that should be it! I hope this is useful for anyone still around, and I hope to see players active too!

MrMiguel211

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit of a noob in this page, and I'm not really sure if these methods have been shared before, but if it gets removed by a mod for a reason if anything, I understand.

Bacowski

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit of a noob in this page, and I'm not really sure if these methods have been shared before, but if it gets removed by a mod for a reason if anything, I understand.
for those who do not know nohombrew is the hackless version. also is this supposed to work on wii because its not for me

Last edited:
Top Bottom