• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2014 Link Boards Combo Video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Here is where to post combos for our combo video discussed in the Link Social thread. Only Link combos from normal Brawl will be accepted. Wifi and offline both work. This is a community combo project so no hating on people's videos! Please submit your best work. Brawl has few true combos so good attack chains and reads are fine; just don't submit interrupted chains or long gaps between the damage. If we get too many submissions we might limit the number for each player.

Format:
Your name. Start time-end time of combo you're submitting. Opponent's damage before combo starts-damage after it ends.
Link to youtube video here.

The format might change if I learn posting youtube videos isn't the best way or whatever.
So to get the ball rolling...

Rizen. 1:20-1:45. 0%-93%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR9J7BjkMO4

Archive:

Rizen. 1:20-1:45. 0%-93%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR9J7BjkMO4

1:23 - 1:32
120% - 160% (Death)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf-rmb1BAOY&hd=1
IrisZ
0:13 - 0:21 (or wherever we wish to end the jab lock)
0% - 41%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p1_j78DIKo&hd=1

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Waaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooo!!!!!!!! *ROOFCRASH*

Alrighty ladies and gentlemen, if any of you need footage recorded, PM me the details right away and I'll get right on them and see if we can get you into this video.
I'll also be compiling some nice little tidbits of my own for y'all as well.

EDIT: Also

Last edited:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
IrisZ
1:23 - 1:32
120% - 160% (Death)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf-rmb1BAOY&hd=1

IrisZ
0:13 - 0:21 (or wherever we wish to end the jab lock)
0% - 41%
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p1_j78DIKo&hd=1

2:42 - 2:48
113% - 144% (Death)
Same video as above
(Don't know if you guys want this, it's just a simple platform cancel -> jump -> bomb dthrow -> 2nd jump dair lol)

For the above clip, I can re-record it in HD (like the first link I mentioned)

I'll try to grab a few more later - leave opinions on what you guys think of the stuff I supplied lol
For recording in HD, it'd be cool if we could grab the .bin file that makes up the replay <3

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
oh cool. Hi, I'm T25XL from the mario boards. I was lurking around the boards here and I come upon this, and I'm like "well why not join this" and I also checked the date just to make sure I wasn't late. SSOOOO, I got a few clips myself with link, hope you don't mind if I join. It says youtube, I'm guessing you probably can't record since you're asking for youtube videos. umm...I can't record right now cause my laptop is in the repair shop currently, but can I at least give you the replays files? I'll upload them to dropbox. Anyways hope you can reply asap, cause I would like to join, lol

Rizen

Smash Legend
oh cool. Hi, I'm T25XL from the mario boards. I was lurking around the boards here and I come upon this, and I'm like "well why not join this" and I also checked the date just to make sure I wasn't late. SSOOOO, I got a few clips myself with link, hope you don't mind if I join. It says youtube, I'm guessing you probably can't record since you're asking for youtube videos. umm...I can't record right now cause my laptop is in the repair shop currently, but can I at least give you the replays files? I'll upload them to dropbox. Anyways hope you can reply asap, cause I would like to join, lol
Sure you can submit clips. TBH I'm not entirely sure how this will work; we should figure it out on this thread. I guess Irisz is doing the editing.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually making one right now. Even though I can't work on it, cause like I said...in repair shop...but I can at least give some advice I guess. To whom shall I give this advice to, cause it's gonna be a quite a list, lol

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Oh, don't I know you from somewhere? 8D
YES GIVE US THE ACTUAL .BIN FILES
HD IS BEAUTIFUL

Sure you can submit clips. TBH I'm not entirely sure how this will work; we should figure it out on this thread. I guess Irisz is doing the editing.

I'm actually making one right now. Even though I can't work on it, cause like I said...in repair shop...but I can at least give some advice I guess. To whom shall I give this advice to, cause it's gonna be a quite a list, lol
I suppose give the tips to me, unless someone else wants to edit them?

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
sweet man, alright I'll message you them. and yea I remember you via skype. You're bro Francis set me up with you. We were going to play then the stupid wifi didn't let us connect. And now we can never play since wifi is being discontinued :/ hopefully we can before then

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
http://youtu.be/3VbltTBED44?t=14m12s

14:12 through 14:18

If you want, I'll send you a butt load of some nice stuff I did with Link through Drop box or Media fire, or whatever it may be, just PM or whatsoever you want to do or think about, good luck, man.
Can't seem to PM you, maybe I'm just a n00b
I'd like those files though please. Are they replays in a .bin format?

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
He's recording everything in HD through dolphin. btw I gotta make some replays now cause I deleted the majority of my link combos on accident, lol
Yeah okay, but why does he want the combo videos man. Is he going to make the combo video or not?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yea he is, I gave him advice on how to handle a ccv. It's a much different sort of project than a personal combo video. So yea he is making it.
Oh, I see, well, there is one thing I hope he can return a favor when making the combo video, that he finds the best moments in each clip. I don't appreciate people throwing any other moment in a combo video, breaks the taste of the clips to begin with. If he'll be patient and look through each one and find out which ones are truly the best, and mostly show the whole event of set-ups that led to the big explosion, then I am in man.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see, well, there is one thing I hope he can return a favor when making the combo video, that he finds the best moments in each clip. I don't appreciate people throwing any other moment in a combo video, breaks the taste of the clips to begin with. If he'll be patient and look through each one and find out which ones are truly the best, and mostly show the whole event of set-ups that led to the big explosion, then I am in man.
yea I prefer that too, but at the same time you gotta think about the quality of the video, if he has a bunch of clips that are really, really good. And it makes a 10-minute video, people are gonna get bored watching it. It's best to keep it at around 7-8 minutes, maybe a little less, maybe a little longer. And not all clips will fit if he's trying to edit it really well. He just has to pick up clips which fit they he wants it to and in a way that it'll work. I would know wince I haven't used every clip for my Mario community combo video. Simply because it just doesn't fit in right the way I made it.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
yea I prefer that too, but at the same time you gotta think about the quality of the video, if he has a bunch of clips that are really, really good. And it makes a 10-minute video, people are gonna get bored watching it. It's best to keep it at around 7-8 minutes, maybe a little less, maybe a little longer. And not all clips will fit if he's trying to edit it really well. He just has to pick up clips which fit they he wants it to and in a way that it'll work. I would know wince I haven't used every clip for my Mario community combo video. Simply because it just doesn't fit in right the way I made it.
Yes, that's what I'm worried about, might as well just give him recycled clips. How long is the combo video going to be anyway, man?

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that's what I'm worried about, might as well just give him recycled clips. How long is the combo video going to be anyway, man?
You can't really tell how long a combo video will be, it's reccomended to be around 7-8 minutes simply because eventually people will be tired of seeing anything longer than that. So it should be around that range, don't expect it to be as long as like that kirby community combo video, I haven't even watched the whole thing yet, simply because I stopped getting entertained since it was like 15 minutes long

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You can't really tell how long a combo video will be, it's reccomended to be around 7-8 minutes simply because eventually people will be tired of seeing anything longer than that. So it should be around that range, don't expect it to be as long as like that kirby community combo video, I haven't even watched the whole thing yet, simply because I stopped getting entertained since it was like 15 minutes long
True man, but that cv was boring to begin with, if you have a fifteen minute cv with just basic Gonzo combos and a little creativity with like one person, the combo video wont stand out right tbh, but with skill tricks, wall techs, gimps, creative combos, Power shield multiple hits, to a strong combo or trick, and so on, I bet people would love a fifteen minute of that. I apologize for typing this, it may come out as a show off, aggrogant, or whatever you want to call it or type it, but, I'm pretty much the only Link that practices this stuff, and I just typed I'm not being a show off, I'm just typing man, I'm sure many will prove my theory to be nothing but a myth. Anyway, I'll just be safe and give him some recycled clips, also, do you know a guy named King Dedede, he's always talked a lot about you, we should have a friendly sometime man. Been a while since I've brawled a Mario main. Have a nice day man.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
True man, but that cv was boring to begin with, if you have a fifteen minute cv with just basic Gonzo combos and a little creativity with like one person, the combo video wont stand out right tbh, but with skill tricks, wall techs, gimps, creative combos, Power shield multiple hits, to a strong combo or trick, and so on, I bet people would love a fifteen minute of that. I apologize for typing this, it may come out as a show off, aggrogant, or whatever you want to call it or type it, but, I'm pretty much the only Link that practices this stuff, and I just typed I'm not being a show off, I'm just typing man, I'm sure many will prove my theory to be nothing but a myth. Anyway, I'll just be safe and give him some recycled clips, also, do you know a guy named King Dedede, he's always talked a lot about you, we should have a friendly sometime man. Been a while since I've brawled a Mario main. Have a nice day man.
Yea I played him, he beats me simply because you know King dedede Infinite>Mario, lol. But I do get him every now and then with a few gimps and such. Anyways kinda off-topic, but uh, yea the 15 minutes combo video stuff will have like a 5% chance of happening, lol. Only saying that since making that many clips for a ccv with a few people simply is just not something that can really happen XD. Although I get what you mean when you say all that creative stuff, I got a lot of creative stuff myself with mario, simply because I'm a really technical mario, lol. Also yea I'd love to friendly another link, I've played a lot of links lol, both technical, and just plain smart players. But I can't really play all that serious do to 2 things that have really been affecting my gameplay with mario, input (input errors, input lag, stupid stuff like trying to grab but I instead dodge-roll or something), and just plain lag. I mean I can try to play my best, but just because of that, I can't really play to my full ability. Anyways yea we can brawl, my fc:2881-1238-1390 I'm also usually online at like 6:00pm PST I also use Skype a lot so add me if you want : t25xl.erick Also I saw you in Blazer's combo video, your combos were sick, although I've sene a lot of those setups XD, still pretty damn good though.

Last edited:

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yea I played him, he beats me simply because you know King dedede Infinite>Mario, lol. But I do get him every now and then with a few gimps and such. Anyways kinda off-topic, but uh, yea the 15 minutes combo video stuff will have like a 5% chance of happening, lol. Only saying that since making that many clips for a ccv with a few people simply is just not something that can really happen XD. Although I get what you mean when you say all that creative stuff, I got a lot of creative stuff myself with mario, simply because I'm a really technical mario, lol. Also yea I'd love to friendly another link, I've played a lot of links lol, both technical, and just plain smart players. But I can't really play all that serious do to 2 things that have really been affecting my gameplay with mario, input (input errors, input lag, stupid stuff like trying to grab but I instead dodge-roll or something), and just plain lag. I mean I can try to play my best, but just because of that, I can't really play to my full ability. Anyways yea we can brawl, my fc:2881-1238-1390 I'm also usually online at like 6:00pm PST I also use Skype a lot so add me if you want : t25xl.erick Also I saw you in Blazer's combo video, your combos were sick, although I've sene a lot of those setups XD, still pretty damn good though.
I beat his D3 with my Mario, I still have the replays, but he wouldn't upload the Link ones or the D3 ones, mostly due to him being shy and sacred about what people would think. Technical Link? Hmm, I feel the Links have set a low bar, or there might really be one out there. Nice man, and you're typing to a Link main here, errors and Link always happen, and they're costly, while Mairo's erros isn't that much. Well, I don't know man, yes the bomb to footstool and Dair is known, but I don't remember using the gale dropping it and then footstool to bomb Dair. But that isn't close to what I can really cook up. Kirby combo like that? Well, okay, and that isn't close to what I can do with Kirby as well. Cool man, 0903 5382 1196, let me know when you can brawl man.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I beat his D3 with my Mario, I still have the replays, but he wouldn't upload the Link ones or the D3 ones, mostly due to him being shy and sacred about what people would think. Technical Link? Hmm, I feel the Links have set a low bar, or there might really be one out there. Nice man, and you're typing to a Link main here, errors and Link always happen, and they're costly, while Mairo's erros isn't that much. Well, I don't know man, yes the bomb to footstool and Dair is known, but I don't remember using the gale dropping it and then footstool to bomb Dair. But that isn't close to what I can really cook up. Kirby combo like that? Well, okay, and that isn't close to what I can do with Kirby as well. Cool man, 0903 5382 1196, let me know when you can brawl man.
Alright sweet, I'll add you once I get on today. Mario v link hype!!

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Cool man, can you brawl today? I'll be ready to brawl in the afternoon, like 6:00 pm. Is that okay?
yea sure man, I was actually trying to get your attention so we could brawl on like sunday, lol. Also what time zone are you in? Cause I see you online when I'm online, but idk what time zone you live in, lol. I do get on at 6:00pm PST though.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
yea sure man, I was actually trying to get your attention so we could brawl on like sunday, lol. Also what time zone are you in? Cause I see you online when I'm online, but idk what time zone you live in, lol. I do get on at 6:00pm PST though.
Oh, I apologize for that man, well, I as well live in the Pacific time zone, so 6:00 is perfect, why didn't you just join my, lobby? I mostly just brawl with Nine or Dark Falco and they're friendly to let other players join in.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I apologize for that man, well, I as well live in the Pacific time zone, so 6:00 is perfect, why didn't you just join my, lobby? I mostly just brawl with Nine or Dark Falco and they're friendly to let other players join in.
oh lol I didn't see a room up, so I just played with my other friends, lol. I'll play you today though for sure :p. Also you play with THE Dark Falco?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
oh lol I didn't see a room up, so I just played with my other friends, lol. I'll play you today though for sure :p. Also you play with THE Dark Falco?
Alright man, what time today? I'll try my best to meet your standard. Hmm, well, I'm always on at night time because I have nothing to do, mostly college or work. Yes, I play Brawl with, Dark Falco, I even 2vs2 with him and Nine a lot, if you're awake in the night time, we can 2vs2 man as well after our, 1vs1? Beware though, you will be fighting and teaming with the most dirtiest players out there. You will see gimps and nasty set ups. Though, I'm more nastier than them with combo strings, dirty gimps, and so on. See you then man.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Alright man, what time today? I'll try my best to meet your standard. Hmm, well, I'm always on at night time because I have nothing to do, mostly college or work. Yes, I play Brawl with, Dark Falco, I even 2vs2 with him and Nine a lot, if you're awake in the night time, we can 2vs2 man as well after our, 1vs1? Beware though, you will be fighting and teaming with the most dirtiest players out there. You will see gimps and nasty set ups. Though, I'm more nastier than them with combo strings, dirty gimps, and so on. See you then man.
lol ok dude, I guess I'll have to try and catch them ridin' dirty

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Yo dude I see you online you gonna host?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yo dude I see you online you gonna host?
Yes, we play so dirty, but that's why they love to brawl me to begin with. So, this is quite ********, I check yesterday to see any messages from you, nothing, I check it this time with my mobile and it gives me an option to view "Ignored content",it appears that I have you on ignore, but I never went to your profile not once. Moronic website, so, that's why I couldn't see your two new messages, websites dumb fault man, and a little bit on me as well. Idk your profile name to begin with, mines easy to guess of course.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
Yes, we play so dirty, but that's why they love to brawl me to begin with. So, this is quite ********, I check yesterday to see any messages from you, nothing, I check it this time with my mobile and it gives me an option to view "Ignored content",it appears that I have you on ignore, but I never went to your profile not once. Moronic website, so, that's why I couldn't see your two new messages, websites dumb fault man, and a little bit on me as well. Idk your profile name to begin with, mines easy to guess of course.
aah lol, well I was actually waiting on you at one point to see if you were hosting but you never did so I just left. Anyways Is ee you online sometimes but you like never host dude, or maybe it has to do with wifi or the servers, because if you do I don't see it lol. Well hopefully I can actually see you host or at least you actually will host cause I call your name sometimes online but you don't respond.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
aah lol, well I was actually waiting on you at one point to see if you were hosting but you never did so I just left. Anyways Is ee you online sometimes but you like never host dude, or maybe it has to do with wifi or the servers, because if you do I don't see it lol. Well hopefully I can actually see you host or at least you actually will host cause I call your name sometimes online but you don't respond.
The weird thing is this, once I added you before a few days, I wrote down a random name for you, well, after a few days, it's still the same, and it shows your status on your profile, that you are offline and your Icon is that random icon once you add someone. I'm feeling something went wrong once we added each other. And you'll be on at 6:00 PM Pst, you, typed? And what's your sleep schedule as well, man? Either today or tomorrow, we'll be able to brawl. Have a good day.

Last edited:

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
The weird thing is this, once I added you before a few days, I wrote down a random name for you, well, after a few days, it's still the same, and it shows your status on your profile, that you are offline and your Icon is that random icon once you add someone. I'm feeling something went wrong once we added each other. And you'll be on at 6:00 PM Pst, you, typed? And what's your sleep schedule as well, man? Either today or tomorrow, we'll be able to brawl. Have a good day.
yea dude, just re-add me but not too early, do it once I'm online, which you already know 6:00pm. And it should load. Also this would be much easier if I could contact you from something like skype where it's easy to chat with people. if you don't have one you should make one becuz it's an easy and fun way to meet a lot of people and brawl them without any sort of problems and/or miscommunication. mine is : t25xl.erick

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
yea dude, just re-add me but not too early, do it once I'm online, which you already know 6:00pm. And it should load. Also this would be much easier if I could contact you from something like skype where it's easy to chat with people. if you don't have one you should make one becuz it's an easy and fun way to meet a lot of people and brawl them without any sort of problems and/or miscommunication. mine is : t25xl.erick
Sounds good man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom