• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2014 Apex Links

Corona

Smash Apprentice
Being that I am very new to the Melee tournament scene (having only been to one in Boston) I plan on coming to this as a spectator. It would be great to meet and learn from a bunch of you guys, though. Who else is going?

Corona

Smash Apprentice
J666 in here deep with the strange double posts. O:

Apex 2014 sounds fun, I'll have to see how things pan out if I can/should or not.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if more newcomers come to this (like myself) after the hype EVO received. Links vs. Stinks rematch?

Corona

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was a cool idea, but I see why the Links are probably not going to win that set. It is not a fair fight. Is Skler still fighting does anybody know?

Zodiac

Smash Master
I want to, but if the dates overlap with AGDQ 2014 then I won't be.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
Apex should be a good time. I'm planning on going, and I'd actually like to do Links vs Stinks again.
We should let non-mains be on our team though.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I think the criteria for Link's vs Stinks was to harsh, they only had Link ONLY players on there, I think its a misconception that if someone that plays Link also plays a high tier character then they don't main Link or don't put a lot of work into Link.

SYickX

Smash Cadet
I think the criteria for Link's vs Stinks was to harsh, they only had Link ONLY players on there, I think its a misconception that if someone that plays Link also plays a high tier character then they don't main Link or don't put a lot of work into Link.

I would definitely like to see more non-mains on the Link side. We ended up with the best of the low tier mains against any Link player.

It would make for a more interesting crew battle.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Damn I wish I could go. It's far and too short notice for me though (just got back into melee like 1 month ago).

And omg The GERM!! I learned so much stuff from your videos dude! Lots of respect for you.

bagsntrane

Smash Cadet
do any of the links going not have a doubles partner and want to do doubles? It could be fun.... probably... maybe :p

bagsntrane

Smash Cadet
well i meant tournament. I will have a video of me playing up soon. To show how poor my play is, and help decide if i am not bad enough for you to suffer playing doubles with...

SYickX

Smash Cadet
So, who do we think can make it into the top 128? 64? 32? Even higher?

My expectations:

Top 128 (or higher): Internet Explorer, J666, Stro (Yay for narcissism)
Top 64 (or higher): J666, Stro, The Germ
Top 32: The Germ

Did I miss anyone?

bagsntrane

Smash Cadet
how many links are there? if we have 8 maybe a crew battle vs another crew of ness/dk/low tier mains. j666, mofat, germ, ie6, stro, myself, any others?

Top Bottom