• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2012 King Dedede Matchup Export #3 - Falco

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since it seems like Brinstar, PS2, and RC are gonna be out of the Brawl picture for a while now, I really feel like D3's best CP against Falco is Frigate. On the first part of the stage, if you can manage to throw him off the right side, his recovery options become really limited. It's a little easier for him to laser camp on the second part, thanks to the slopes and that platform in the middle, but I still think it's fairly easy to eventually throw him and proceed from there, although those moving platforms can be annoying... -_-
Frigate is a really, really good stage for Falco though. People generally bank too much on the right side of the first transformation in hopes to get a chance to abuse Falco's 'limited' recovery options but they almost always fail [even MK]. I mean, even Olimar has no big problem with it and neither does Falco. Falco also greatly benefits from the platform on the left side and his camping on the 2nd transformation is extremely lame. I really don't like Frigate against Falco.

From my experience PS1 works well because the hazard gives DDD options to move around his laser camping and there aren't too many opportunities for Falco to abuse his powerful close range game. I also like Yoshi's because the uneven ground sometimes messes with his double lasers. Shy Guys can block lasers the ghost can cover our whack recovery options.

:059:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
From my experience PS1 works well because the hazard gives DDD options to move around his laser camping and there aren't too many opportunities for Falco to abuse his powerful close range game. I also like Yoshi's because the uneven ground sometimes messes with his double lasers. Shy Guys can block lasers the ghost can cover our whack recovery options.

:059:
I've played against Falco on PS2 and PS1. Definitely agree with you here.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
What about Castle Siege? I find that stage has some nice perks. Phase 2 brings statues to stop lasers and it's really easy to platform camp while punishing Falco for trying to chase us too much. Phase 3's tilts can screw with Falco sooo much! :smash: They turn IAPs into grounded Phantasms and they can also totally mess with his recovery. Even phase 1 has some nice stuff. Slope helps with TCs and the left platform is a good height for AC dairs off the slope.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Uhh yea theres no game three. But uhh, you played really well in game one but in game two you let him set up a campfire toooo much. Thats how he timed you out. Also i'd go for more phantasm reads with up-tilt. If you got a few more in, it might've discouraged him from using it so often.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
This was back in february. Yoss won, game 1 was on BF i got timed out a bit closer than game 3, then did a run back again on bf won, game 3 yea i got impatient ^^"

Top Bottom