• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2011 DDD Matchup Discussion #3: Peach

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
CHARACTER DISCUSSION #3: PEACH

BBR MU Chart says: 0
DDD Boards say: Discussion is in progress.
Can we Chaingrab? Yes, it must be the Shield Canceled CG.

Don't let the pretty exterior fool you; inside beats the heart of a lion. With an amazing combo game, great pressuring abilities and a threatening aerial game, she can be a lot more dangerous that she appears. In this clash between royalty, who will come out on top?

Information we need:

-Both Characters Ground/Air Game Against Each Other-
-Moves To Avoid And How To Avoid Them-
-King Dedede's Moves To Utilize In The Matchup-
-Personal Strategies To Help With The Matchup-
-Stage Discussion For Starters, Counterpicks, And Bans-

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well, this matchup basically revolves around the peach killing you at 295% and you killing us at 100% right? seems pretty cut and dry 50/50 to me

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Since Dedede is huge and rather likes to be on the air, you're definitely kinda prone to get sweetspot-usmashed if you're not careful. In the same way, if we float a lot, we can eat a utilt and die stupidly early. Don't panic if Peach has the lead on %, we still struggle to get a KO and you can chaingrab us for extra damage. Tossing Waddle Dees while we're floating is a good idea, because we're slow while floating and have the absolute worst air dodge in the game, so it's likely that we'll eat a gordo.

Overall a really close match, and one that I enjoy a lot. It's tough but definitely not unfair. 50/50 IMO.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I feel like Peach vs Dedede is slightly in Dedede's favor considering the difference in effort each side must put in to be victorious. While Peach has to constantly be pressuring D3 to get minimal damage, D3 only needs 1 grab to get a long CG that gets over 50%. D3's bair wrecks Peach's aerial approaches, and his waddle dees prevent Peach from camping. Plus, Peach has to get D3 to like 170+% to get a kill, while D3 just has to utilt Peach at 100% (and maybe even less than 100% with a lucky fsmash/Gordo). Peach does have a lot of combo potential, though, so if she can get through the walls of waddle dees, bairs, and shields, then she can wrack up damage pretty quickly.

I know I feel really disheartened when I get a D3 to 200% without being touched, and then unluckily get 0 to death'd by D3's grab->CG on the platform on SV.

Dedede has bair walls, a CG, and killing potential, but is easily comboed because of his size/weight. Peach can combo Dedede significantly more than she can combo other characters, although kills late and dies early. Overall, I say 55-45 in D3's favor.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I don't know if this really matters or not, but Dedede can punish Peach's rco lag with doing a down throw to an up smash.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
This MU is 60:40

You sheild-chaingrab peach for like a free 40%. Your b-airs outprioritize her floating shenanigans. and yeah.. thats about it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I don't like aggro Peaches because they can pressure us really well when they have us on the ropes. But yeah the whole MU is:

Dedede is attempting to wall Peach with Bairs (Fairs make good mixups) and keep her from comboing the **** out of him. Peach is attempting to bait the D3 into doing something stupid and then starting high damage combos and strings. Watch out for the Dair at low percents because they start some **** strings. When she has him on he ropes, she actually afford to get a bit aggresive. She has fast moves with high priority like Jab, Down-Smash and Dash attack. Pay attention to the turnips but don't be afraid of them when she has them.

Peach's Forward Air reaches further than it looks and it has good knockback. They mainly use this move for punishing and baiting so it will probably be stale around killing percents. Just be careful about it. They like to Auto cancel it and then punish with quick Jabs which can be canceled into grabs. Her moveset has a lot of synergy <_<

You just need to stay patient and wait for those moments to grab. This MU kind of requires you to play like a cookie cutter D3 actually lol..

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I absolutely hate FAir -> Glide Tossed turnip -> Grab. It's something you need to watch out for.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
you know... i actually do have a match saved to my wii of my d3 vs seibs peach in a MM. I can put that up later on when i get the chance. The replay would probably explain the mu better than this text.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Watch out for the Dair at low percents because they start some **** strings.
Just dropping by, if we get hit by dair at low percents, make sure you start SDIing up/away to minimize the damage from dair and the follow-up dair/uairs or whatever Peaches do these days.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Short hop Bairs rock in this MU. Most of peaches aproaches when DDD is at low % is float-dair to combo. Again use a lot of SH Bairs, and be patient. Peach can only throw turnips. Peach just cant kill DDD. Skid canceling chain grab rocks is very very useful. Peach air dodge suck, take advantage of this. DDD can shut down almost every peach option to approach with bair and the chaingrab. F tilt the turnips. MU IMO is 55:45 or maybe 60:40 in DDD favor.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
FTilt the turnips? Does that actually work? I'd just think we'd get punished in almost any situation doing that.

∫unk

Smash Master
If both sides are playing correctly it will almost always be a time out, with a slight advantage to DDD in high percent situations.

Peach is just going to stand/float near a ledge and make you approach into her d-air or f-air or turnip toss... usually a perfect shield -> *option peach isn't expecting* is the only way you're going to get in. You could try to bait something and maybe walk in, bait f-air, dash out, then dash lag cancel dash back in and grab, but my guess is Peach can input a command before you can grab the lag of f-air.

Since she's near the ledge she doesn't get chaingrabbed very much.

This strategy is also really annoying because the longer the match goes, the more opportunity for Peach to pull the good stuff with her down B.

Too lazy to type a lot of but if there's a specific question I can answer it... I feel like I'm pretty experienced in this matchup.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
If peach commits to mashing jab to get out of your chain grabs you can d throw to stutter step forward Fsmash that kills at like 50.

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
i've never, ever lost to a peach

ddd wins, but peach can find ways to win if she's patient enough and just camps like a mother****er

Doc King

Smash Lord
I agree with you guys, Dedede slight favor.

Dedede just has a few more good things to him than peach does in the matchup like up tilt and chain grab combo on any percent.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Would Peach's rco lag have much affect in the matchup? King Dedede can do some follow up combos with this http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=185012 (Didn't finish testing all of the followups yet). I think this has hardly any affect since Peach has to close her umbrella once to get rco lag and her recovery is really good. I just wanna see what you guys think.

7Claus

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it has. Peach players usually recover from below the edge trying to sweetspot it cause the umbrella has a nice hitbox to prevent gimps in this case, and if she comes floating with it from above the stage Dedede can **** her anyways.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you ever do have the chance to take advantage, remember that Dash Attack is guaranteed.

We hardly ever get to dash attack, so remember to do it.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
-Both Characters Ground/Air Game Against Each Other-
Keep peach on the ground, her ground game sucks. In the air peach wins.

-Moves To Avoid And How To Avoid Them-
Dair, it combos into every attack. Bair wall to avoid it.
Turnips can be gay. Throw Waddle Dees

-King Dedede's Moves To Utilize In The Matchup-
Bair, Up-Tilt, Side-B

-Personal Strategies To Help With The Matchup-
Wait for peach to approach. You never have to approach a Peach.

-Stage Discussion For Starters, Counterpicks, And Bans-
Starters: Castle Siege, FD, SV, BF
Counterpicks: Castle Siege, Delfino
Bans: Brinstar

Coney

Smash Master
just sdi dair and bair camp

i usually go really aggro in this matchup, but it's only because i know it so well. the best way to play it is honestly just to sit back and bair any approach she tries

oh and watch the **** out for usmash. i find that peaches are usually REALLY obvious when they want it, but it can kill us at under 100% if we're not careful

kingdededestroy

Smash Rookie
i think that 3d IS at a very slight advantage in ways. #1 its obvious but peach is light and ddd is a smash wizard. we would always waddledee the vegies when possible.
the one thing i am worried about is the upwardB competition. i think peach has won this, when we come down real hard like always from a recovery and try to last resort k.o (my profile says rookie but im actually pretty pro) she can just jam that parasol right into the kings gut. AND i am a reclusive spiker, now i know i know 3ds upward b is a metior smash but peach with float on by just evading the slam "for now"

allshort17

Smash Ace
What do you do against Peach's Dair? I feel like it shuts down many of Dedede's opinions if sheilded and if she's high enough and close enough, our Bair will be caught be her Dair.

Exdeath

Smash Master
What do you do against Peach's Dair? I feel like it shuts down many of Dedede's opinions if sheilded and if she's high enough and close enough, our Bair will be caught be her Dair.
Stay far enough away that you can start up Bair without her Dair catching you.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Basically don't be under Peach when she still has her float. It's not too hard, but yeah, it is pretty safe on our shield.

DUB

Smash Lord
If atleast half a stage lengths away, waddle dees are good for knocking peach out of float and into the air where you can poke with b-airs or punish her really bad airdodge. Waddles are really good in this matchup imo.

Top Bottom