• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: *Pound*2: Registration CLOSED. Singles pools first POST!

What side tournaments besides teams and singles should we do?

• Regional Crews+Regular Crews

Votes: 190 52.2%
  • Low Tier Singles

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • Teams Teams

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Random Char/stage tourney

Votes: 44 12.1%
  • Low tier teams

Votes: 24 6.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's right folks, *pound* returns with the second installment of an utterly amazing tournament.

Saturday, June 16th, 2007 AND SUNDAY JUNE 17TH!

Check out these nifty links! Registration will be up shortly.

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/128235 MLG info
http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/128230 Pound Specifically

Sorry everybody, but the date change was necessary. This will better accomodate people's graduation/spring break plans and stuff. Also, expect more IMPORTANT updates soon!!!

Table of contents

A. Place
B. Housing
C. The Cash
D. The Pot
E. Format
F. Schedule
G. Registration
H. Setups
I. TA Challenge
J. General Rules
K. Crew Rules
L. Airport Info
M. 2 Final announcements
N. Deodorant Rule
O. Attending!
P. Free Food
Q. Travel Info

A.

Place:

This tournament is being held at the same AMAZING venue as the original *pound*. It's at the Mount Airy Volunteer fire company. The street is

Twin Arch Road, Mount Airy, MD, 21771
and it's right across from a Tj Max shopping center. If you're coming from Rt. 27, which most of you will be, you'll turn onto Twin Arch Road and the shopping center will be right there.

The venue can comfortably fit about 150 people, and at least 50 tv's, using only the sides. THIS TOURNEY IS GOING TO BE HUGE, so everybody bring their SETUPS.

B.

Housing!

I know the tournament is two days, so if anybody needs housing make sure to let us know ASAP, and those of us in TA/MD/VA will do our best to accomidate you to the finest. The further away you live, the more priority you have as far as housing goes.
Also, there is a Budget Inn about 200 feet from my house if people can't get proper housing in MD and/or are too lazy to drive. It's about 5 minutes from the tournament. That goes for like $60 a night i think.

I'm starting housing signups NOW!! So here's how it's going to work. If you are SURE you are going to make it, post whether you need OR whether you can offer housing following the following format, i'll start w/ mine. I WILL UPDATE THIS DAILY WITH A RUNNING LIST OF PEOPLE to ensure we can get optimal housing for everyone.

Housers:

Name: Chu Datz
# of housable remaining: 3-4
How far away: An hour
Pets: Gerbil/hamster thingy
Currently Housing: n1ck2k3

Name: AJ (aka TAK$)
# of housable remaining: 5-6
Distance from the venue: about an hour
Pets: none
Special needs/additional comments: Bring your own sleeping bags, you'll be sleeping on the floor. :p
Currently Housing: None

Name: Chz1
# of housing remaining: 15ish
Distance from Venue: Hourish
Pets: None
Special needs: None
Currently Housing: None

Housees:

Names: D20 and HARM
Home Location: Pittsburgh, PA (230 miles away)
Method of Transportation: 2005 Toyota Corolla Sport Edition
Additional Comments: We're bringing a setup and lots of Jones Soda

Names: QueenDVS, Dashizwiz, keepspeedn, xif, green mario, linguini
Home Location: Fort Myers/Lee High/Weston, FL
Method of Transportation: Flying into BWI airport Friday at 3 PM ish (getting picked up by plairnk and taken to airport Monday, leaving at 10 AM) and will need to ride with someone from the house to tourney each day
Additional Comments: Apparently plairnk can house 3 of us, so if we have to seperate FL, we were thinking group me, Shiz, and speed together (green, xif, and linguini together)
Status: 3 of us will need housing Friday afternoon - Sunday morning since plair can only house 3 of us

Names: The_Doug + 1 more dude
Home Loaction: 250 miles away
Method of Transportation: Driving?
Additional Comments: Can bring 1-2 setups.

Names: X, Boxman
Home location: Maine, lol
Method of Transportation: Car, maybe a van.
Special needs/additional comments: Have a bountiful feast prepared and many fine virgins and prize money waiting for me.

Names: Tetra, Alejandro_P, D1
Home Location: NY
Method of Transportation: Driving
Additional Comments: Give us neet housing. :p

Names: Colbol, OTRU, TheLaw
Home Location: Orlando, Florida
Method of Transportation: Flying into BWI airport Friday at 3 PM ish
Additional Comments: I talked to QueenDVS about the housin situation, so CFL will try to stay with south west florida(queen, shiz, spdn) but if we cant thats cool all we want is to find a place so we can b certain of where were stayin, we would def help with gas
Status: 3 of us will need housing Friday afternoon thru Sunday morning. our flight on monday would leave around 10ish AM

Names: Blue / my brother (most likely)
Home location: CT- 7ish hour drive
Method of Transportation: Vroom vroom
Special needs/additional comments: Im going down to Fredericksburg for a week, and hitting up pound saturday , then i want to go home sunday. If we could get housing for sat night, id love you forever.

Names: Drephen, Joe Bushman, Watty, Mathos, FrenzieFool
Home location: Columbus, Ohio (7 hour drive)
Method of Transportation: Riding the COK (FrenzieFool's SUV)
Special needs/additional comments: We like sleep so no all night smashing for us, so whatever place is the most quiet would be appreciate. Need Fri and Sat night.

Names: GAwes and Chaddddddddddddddddd
Home Location: Atlanta, GA ( an awesome 682 miles, yeet)
Method of Transportation: Probably my lancer
Additional Comments: We're really cute and i love tim and eric !!!
C.

THE CASH
Venue Fee: $10 per person: Sorry to do this to you guys, but the venue is far from cheap. I'm probably going to end up paying a good bit out of pocket, so don't yell at me please x.x. The remaining $ from the venue fee if enough people register will go to the pot.

New Stipulation: If you bring a full setup (tv/game/cube) i'll exclude you from the venue fee. This is because we need to MAKE SURE THERE ARE SUFFICIENT SETUPS!!

Singles: $20 per person

Teams: $15 per person

Crews: $40 per crew

D.

The POT
Since I am charging a venue fee of $10, NO MONEY WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF THE POT. Any left over money from the venue fee will go INTO the pot, making the pot gigantic. if ~175 people show up, the projected singles pot will be around 4-4.5k giving the winner 2.5-3k for winning.

Singles:
3-50 people, 65/25/10. TOP 3

51-75 people, 65/20/10/5 TOP 4

76+ people, 60/20/10/5/2.5/2.5 TOP 6

125+ people. 50/20/10/5/3/3/2/2/1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25

TEAMS: 3-25 teams 65/25/10

More than 40 teams: 60/25/10/5

More than 60 teams: 57.5/22.5/10/5/2.5/2.5

Crews: 65/25/10 No matter how many crews,

Again, ALL MONEY given, is going to the POT.

E.

FORMAT:

Singles: Singles we be done by pools with the top players moving into a double elimination bracket (probably 32 man). This isn't set in stone yet, it really depends on turnout. Pools will be seperated by CREWS, so when you register make sure you put yourself down as in the same CREW with people you always play with, if you don't want a chance of them in your pool. Pools+bracket will all be best 2/3, except finals matches which are 3/5.

Teams: Teams will have 1 round of seeded pools, 8 pools if 10ish, top 4 advance seeded into a double elimination bracket.

Crews: Crews will be seeded double elimination.

F.

Schedule!:
I'll be there at 8 AM beginning to do setups and working things out. People can come then and start practicing. We can be there until 2 AM at the latest, by then everyone's gotta be gone. (This shouldn't be an issue at all)

Saturday:

10-11:00 AM: Check-in. DO NOT BE LATE.
11:00 AM: Teams pools start.

4-5:00 PM: After the teams pools ends and a 30 minute intermission, THE FIRST ROUND OF POOLS will begin. Followed shortly by the second round.

10:00PM: Tournament play is done for the day and people are welcome to leave. The venue will stay open until midnight for free play.

Sunday:

11:00 AM: Teams final 32 begin+finish.

3:00 PM: Singles final 32 man bracket is played/finished.

3:00 PM-10:00 PM: The side tournaments. Teams Teams, Crews, Low tiers, whatever the demand is highest for will take top priority. People are free to leave before these since these are the more casual events.

G.

REGISTRATION: WILL ALL BE DONE ONLINE through MLG.com for teams+singles. Venue fee and side tournaments will be handled with cash. I'll have more information within the next few weeks when it will start, but I don't want any johns about not having a credit card.

http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/giftcard/jsp/index.jsp?origin=personal

Go there and type in your address and it will give you a listing of places with a Visa Gift Card nearby. These can be bought with cash and work for online purchases. Basically, an internet gift card, as you may.

The VOD team will be present for this event, and since VoD is now free for DL on MLGPRO.com, everyone can watch *pound* LIVE!

H.

Setups!

Bring one Tv and One cube (with smash, memory card) and get $10 off!! (Free venue fee)

Tvs:

Plank x3
PockyD
Wife
cok
sliq
chinesah
kaiser
kc cloud
newb
Bailey
Lean
Masa/Tetra
Tak$
vist
meep
God_of_sheik
Aho x2
Eggm x2
frozen
hat
copycat
Redd
Meep
Doll
Sensei
raistlin
ErciChewman
Nkk
Tin
Splode
Dosv
El Cancel
Th0rn
Prac
Bluedeath
Jasona
Banks
Skylink
Chillin
jihad

Current Setup count: 44

I.

The TEAM ARLINGTON CHALLENGE!

We as a whole collectively challenge everybody else to beat us all. Us all being the following players. (G-reg+plank ideas)

That's right, TA. I'm making a picklist of everyone on that list. In order to obtain a list, you must pay $1. Whoever beats every TA member mentioned on that list WHO SHOWS TO THE TOURNEY, the first player who accomplishes such a feat will be given $50. You will have 2 MATCHES guaranteed vs each player. If you lose these 2 matches, they can play you again if they CHOOSE to. If they choose not to, perhaps you chould entice them with a moneymatch.

J.

General Rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•First stage agreed upon or random
•Dave’s Stupid Rule (DSR): No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage.
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Wobbling is banned.

The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
(i <3 the mages rule)

- Singles Stages on random – Final Destination, Dream Land 64, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story And Pokemon Stadium.
- Singles Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Yoshi 64, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Great Bay, Jungle Japes, Princess Peach's Castle, Great bay, Yoshi's island (pipes), Mushroom Kingdom 1/2

All other levels open for counterpicks.

No smoking or drinking allowed.

K.

Crew rules!

ALL NEUTRAL STAGES WILL BE ON FOR CREW BATTLES.

Crews will be composed for 4-5 players. Each player must select their character before entering the crew battle, as well as the first entrant must be chosen beforehand.

Once one player is defeated, the winning player will be put up against whoeveer the other crew chooses to send in against him.

If the entering player elects to select a specific stage, the participant who just won can switch characters. If the entering player decides to go random, the winning player must stay the same character they just won the previous match with.

The team who runs out of stock first loses, and is sent to the losers bracket or eliminated accordingly.

L.

AIRPORT INFO!

Since Xif and QDVS were the first to confirm their flights and they have reasonable times, I want to try to get everyone to come at around similar times as them.

ARRIVAL:
Friday, June 15th, 3:27PM BWI Airport

DEPARTURE:
Monday, june 18th, 9:58 AM

So either try to arrive before or slightly after that time so we can pick everyone up at once, and then we'll carpool everyone to the airport in the morning Monday so people can wait for their flights.

POSSIBLE BRAWL TOURNAMENT?

Yeah, there are some rumors Brawl may come out on June 1st, so if that's true, there WILL be a brawl tournament as well. Entry fee for that will be $5 and straight up double elimination.

I doubt brawl will be out in time, but if it does come out, it's going down.

M.

Two final announcements.

1.) I ask you please to attempt to keep the venue as clean as you can. I will have trashcans set up everywhere as well as a place for cigarette butts, etc, but I have to put in a $100 deposit that i only get back if the place is returned undamaged/CLEAN.

. The only other thing i just want to reiterate is that people BRING SETUPS! This venue is Awesome, and there will be TONS of melee to be played this day. Last time we had about 20 tv's and didn't even use up half of the PERIMETER of the room, and if we have to we can fill the perimeter+the center tables with tv's. I don't want people to have to sit around while the tourney is going on doing nothing, i don't want to have to be a friendly nazi. BRING TV'S PEOPLE, 50+ setups would be amazing.

I expect to see everyone here! Thanks for your time.

N.

***NEW RULE**

In order for everyone to be admitted to the venue, each player must show that they have a stick of deodorant with them. If you forget your deodorant, or just don't wear deodorant then there is a grocery store across the street that sells plenty for everyone. I do not feel like spending the day smelling hot sweaty men like at 99% of tournies, so i repeat, there is a mandatory deodorant rule. If at any point in time i find you smelly, i will force you to go use it. So yes, prepare to be ...fresh
*this rule suggested by my girlfriend, and 100% approved by me. :p

O.

Attending:

Everyone signed up on MLGPRO.com

P.

FREE FOOD

I am going to be giving out free food so people from out of state don't have to pay any more than they really need to for this tournament. When you arrive and check in Saturday morning, I will give you your food tickets for the main courses. Extra main courses will be available aside from the alotted amount, but it will cost money. Chips and snacks and such will be available the entire time, unlimited to everyone. But don't be too ridiculous about it. Cans of soda will be around for like 10 cents probably.

Saturday:

Saturday is going to be pizza day. Everybody will get 2 pizza tickets upon registration. Each ticket is good for one slice of pizza. The pizza will come in two shipments throughout the day. Once around 1 PM, once around 6 PM. Extra slices will be sold for a price to be determined later. If you don't want your tickets, give them away. It doesn't matter to me, this is just to ensure there is enough pizza for all.

Sunday:

This isn't 100% confirmed yet, but Sunday should be Cheeseburger/Hotdog day. My girlfriend will be outside on the grill all day preparing for people. 1 ticket for each will be offered to everyone upon registration on SATURDAY, so don't lose them. Swap, trade, give, whatever, it doesn't matter. More of these should also be for sale.

Q.

Travel Info!

Okay SO here's a list of everyone who is travelling in and will need to be picked up from various places. I'll pay whoever picks them up a bit depending on distance and such.

Who: SWFL fellas
Method of Transportation: Flight into BWI
Number of People: 7?
Where being housed: 3 at Planks, The rest at TAK$? Not sure, FL guys hit me up so I know.
Arrival Time: 3:27 pm Friday June 15th
Departure time: 9:58 AM Monday June 18th

Who: Phil/ Cali
Method of Transportation: Flight into BWI
Number of People: 1
Where being housed: Hats
Arrival Time: 4:18 PM friday june 15th
Departure time: 6:40 PM sunday June 17th

Crews will be 20 stock, 4-5 players per crew. $40 per crew. Double elimination bracket.

POOLS

These pools will be 1 pool per TV, 32 tvs. Top 4 advance, best 2/3 each set. Next set of pools will be 16 pools of 8, top 4 advance. Then the bracket.

Pool 1:
Arcadin
Fistandantilus
FOB$
Israphel
JerzyDan
M2k
Qdvs

Pool 2:
Arcadin1
AwsmSean
Brookman
Em
JayTalbayne
Rockcrock
Juke

Pool 3:
ApolloV
EEvisu
Met
KIP
Plairnkk
Reflex
Treble

Pool 4:
Boxman_X
Dazwa
DogySamich
Drephen
Finpwned
Morgang
Zerang25

Pool 5:
Btree
HeyIt'sYo1
Kaiser
OTRU
Sol
Tenor
TheBrownGuy

Pool 6:
BladeofApollo
ChaosKnight
Geos
InfernoOmni
Jasona
Taki
Tdfx

Pool 7:
Banks
Capt. Falcon
Cunning Kitsune
Dosv
Nebsucks
Nus Cirtap
Two.of.Hearts

Pool 8:
Atomsk
Iron Chief
Iron_Knight
Mathos
SmashPlayer16
x2x
Yien

Pool 9:
5%Tax
Buderball14
Cactaur
Fonz
Nikkatzu
FyreCow

Pool 10:
Bass.
KeepSpeedn
LoftonCreations
Onyx
The Law
x2x 2
tink

Pool 11:
Avarous Sage
Cort
Masahiro_x
Nelo
Reik
Twigger

Pool 12:

Cyrain
Kwan
Phish-It
Ryoko
Viperboy
WWRdude

Pool 13:
A-Laon
Blues
DoYoung2win
Kirbstir
MarioFan
Timma2000

Pool 14:
Chewwwy
Dot_Eater
Harm
PC Chris
PacmanOnCrack
Jolly_Roger

Pool 15:
2%
big_R
-echo-
Wife
Xif
Zeros34

Pool 16:
HeyIt'sYo2
Husband
Pat/pro
PockyD
The Newb
Uruk

Pool 17:
Eskimoo
Favid
GameFreak
JimiySon
Korn
Masterpeach

Pool 18:
BlueDeath
Chillindude829
GustavWind
Lozr
Skylink

Pool 19:
Aeroshadow
AlmightyZeus
BizyBozo
Chinesah
Prac
rei

Pool 20:
Alcoady
d20
DaShizWiz
Kel
Linguini
Vist

Pool 21:
BigD
HeyNivek
JoeBushman111
Nurok
RayOut
Roga

Pool 22:
Anensher
Dew-Da-Dash
G-Regulate
Hat
Sensei
V

Pool 23:
Dread101
FoxLisk
KusaKusaKIWI
meepxZero
Taj278
BlackDolphin

Pool 24:
El_Cancel
Janus_zeal
Jholla
Killa-Ave
Kirkq
Tope

Pool 25:
BIG C
Black Jinjo
Darc
Dark_sonic
I'veJihadIt
Velocity

Pool 26:
Colbol
Eggm
Flipnotikk
Smashmac
Spawn
Hayato

Pool 27:
Aho43
Alphazealot
DarknSith
HeyIt'sYo
LatexRhombus
s0meb0dy

Pool 28:
ErciChewman
Lobos
Redd
SolidMoose
Green Mario
th0rn

Pool 29:
Cliftoa
Forward
FrozenGayous
Hyuga
Shenanigens06
Twig

Pool 30:
AKAGoodguy
KM
MikeyLenetia
Sliq
TheSage
Vizerai

Pool 31:
FrenzieFool
Jdog
Jiano
llod
Pikapika!
Smash_GOD

Pool 32:
Doll
Ky
L@wl
PerryG
Spara
UMBC SS

Listen, there are a LOT of people from similar regions so the program did the best it could to seperate. I cant manually move anyone, so this is how it will be. If two people in a crew are together I'm sorry, but remember its just the first round of pools.
If anyone has any other suggestions just let me know. =)

MY CELL IS 301-788-8085 NOTE IT! If anyone needs ANYTHING feel free to call and let me know.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I LOVE YOU TA!!!! I'm there 100000% this was one of the best and I'm sure #2 will be better.

Yayuhhzz!!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Safe to say, this time, I WILL be making this. I'll take off work for it if I must. I'll bring a Cube, and I'll see about a TV.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this looks incredible.

That being said, I don't see Doll or myself on that list... :( (sorry about being a ****)

Kaiser-GL

Smash Journeyman
I'm there, and making it my goal to prevent anyone from getting my ta slip =)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, this looks amazing. I really hope I can go... my parents most likely won't lemme go... I can always try though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
doll, aero, that list was made a while ago, it will be updated and such before the tourney. no worries <3

Aero

Smash Journeyman
doll, aero, that list was made a while ago, it will be updated and such before the tourney. no worries <3
I'll try to get amazing between now and then. ^^

Also, I'll bring a TV+Cube (I should have my own TV by then...)

aho43

Smash Lord
Nobody is gonna claim that $50 from TA. I'm there Jon, lots of props for taking initiative and getting the ball rolling on this one. Yay. 2 days. Teams teams???!

Doll

Smash Journeyman
I'm in~~ please house me :[

And where am I in that huge Ta picture thingy!? ;o

Make it with like cute bunnies and rainbow around the border :\.

Nurok

Smash Lord
yo im def. coming to this ****. IDC if i have school nothing ever happens during those 2 days anyway >.>
I could house like maybe... 1 or 2 people.
first come first serve.
DUDE THIS **** IS AMAZING!
<3 TA

Zero34

Smash Lord
this is pretty much the OC of the east coast. why even ask people to come, just tell them

you know im there, and ill drag seed with me along with two cubes.

im making that list. no more of zero just being on TA

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
It's about time I go to a VA tourney. Let's do this!

I'm going to need housing from this. Any TA members willing to help a TA player out?

hova

Smash Champion
clearly chu will be the first person to attempt the challenge

**** son, i gotta find a consistent partner for the next 5months

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Va players might have to commute depending on how much housing us MDers have to offer. No jones, va, distance get's priority you know that!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm in

Let's go! I'll see if anyone from TX wants to come, I know Crystal City and I had a lot of fun at GS2, and TA is so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom