• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20 Reasons I might not win BAM 8

Splice

Smash Hero
here are 17 reasons I might not win BAM 8

1. I'm using Bowser
Bowser is currently ranked in F tier at 25th on the Smash Bros. Melee Tier List. While all characters can be used in the game as it is well balanced, when coming up against some of the greatest players in the world using top tier characters, Bowser may let me down.

2. Low tiers have failed me before
At a monthly in February 2015, I used Game and Watch and lost to Forte. I lost to Blaxxon as well. While at a Smashlab tournament I saw success with Bowser (lower than Game&Watch on the tier list) it shows that against the very best, low tiers can let me down.

3. Sweet Deezus
One of the only players to have a winning record against me in tournament, Scarlett Devil is generally considered among the very best in the entire world at the game. Having been the reason I have taken 2nd place several times recently, Shinemaster Darroch could very well be the reason it happens again.

4. Zeldafreak
If Scary Duck sounded like a name to take me down, how about the player who outplaced him in a tournament? Zeldafreak has placed 1st at some tournament at some time surely, and doesn't play Pikachu. Thanks to his own wallet he's going to be at Genesis 3 and it's not impossible for him to attend BAM8.

5. Inactivity
Netplay with friends and grinding at home can only do so much and even the Bowser master needs to enter events to always be at the very top of his game. With my last major attended being the 2015 October Ranbat, a bit over a month ago, can i really be on the top of my game?

6 Viva Perth!
Perth is coming in full force with their finest players for BAM8. I will have to battle through threats like Corpsecreate, Chappos, Beans, and Tim (best active sheik), many of whom were able to attend thanks to the money Chappos extracted from Victoria.

- me vs noxus pro bracket -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtuhsN64GJc

7: My Honor And Playing For Fun
At City of Melee I took third place to Dekar after being unable to take him down on Yoshi's Story with Bowser. I could have had a better chance to win had I used Falco on another stage but refused to do so as, in Australia, Yoshi's Story is always the only acceptable swag stage and I felt like it'd be an unfair advantage to play on a stage with less swag. This and my notoriety to play for fun instead of always for the win may be a large deciding factor in the tournament.

8. Para La Gloria: New Zealand
New Zealand is sending six of their best to compete at BAM8 with many coming to the Land Down Under for the first time thanks to the Melee player fund. The NZ crew has Spud and CubT.

9. BAM7
Don't remember BAM7? Well I placed 9th using lower tiers than Fox (again). Will the pressure to set the record straight in the BAM series get to me?

10. The D
Sammy Darra isn't the only D who can play some serious Smash Bros. Melee! The D-God has placed high in amnay events and at every tournament Soul Destroyer isn't attending in Victoria, It's the D-God bringing home the 1st place prize.

11. Wizzrobe
A major threat in Smash 4 as well as 64 as well as Project M, Wizzrobe is also one of the best Melee players sporting a powerful Yoshi. While he'll be spread out between many events this year, if he's playing on point he could beat me from an international distance.

12. Dekar
Placing within the top 5 in three separate majors last year, Dekar is looking to do just as well at BAM8. Despite not being able to break through the wall that is Sorry Dikhead, he still is incredibly skilled and may be able to take outMy Bowser with using his higher tiered Kirby.

13. LD
One of my favorite Dota 2 casters, LD had placed top eight in my list of Dota 2 casters several years in a row and is looking to start off 2016 just as strong. Could this powerful Dota commentator be enough to take down my Bowser?

14. Hyrule Castle Banned
This stage, notoriously my favorite stage, is not legal at BAM8. I made famous the Greenhouse Combo and the little green hut on the stage is known as "Bowserd00d's Couch". While it could still be allowed with a gentleman's pick, lacking my favorite stage for the big matches will really harm me.

15. Skeletom
Another person who happens to play the video game smash brothers melee, Skeletom was able to upset Silent Dsmash and almost caused another upset against himself when playing Sebby earlier in 2015. Alongside his strong performance at Ranbats, this frequenter of Smashlab has shown he's got some serious skills and can adapt to even the best players at high level play and he may be an underdog who could take out my bowser.

16: The Land Down Under: Australia
The country where the event is held in, it's true that not just the players but also the climate and atmospheric conditions of this place could affect my Bowser. This place also has one of the deepest skill pools in the world and there are heaps of things that could upset me.

17. RusselTLM
A name that even those who follow Super Smash Bros. Melee do not recognize, RusselTLM is yet another person who plays Smash Brothers. He plays Falco though, and the Dair is yet another problem that my Bowser could face.

Last edited:

richterwastaken

Smash Apprentice
18. the dog from ff7
19. ping ping ping
20. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Pete278

Smash Lord
6 Viva Perth!
Perth is coming in full force with their finest players for BAM8. I will have to battle through threats like Corpsecreate, Chappos, Beans, and Tim (best active sheik), many of whom were able to attend thanks to the money Chappos extracted from Victoria.
As far as I know, no one mentioned in this line attended. Its clear that this threw off Splice's careful calculations, and is thus the reason he lost.

Top Bottom