• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 useful NIL with peach I haven't seen before

emy

Smash Rookie
EdIt: actually Aerial Interrupts duh

I'm emy and over Thanksgiving I found 2 NIL while labbing that seem like they should be very beneficial and are easy to do consistently. I'll try and respond to all questions I see about this.

1) Fair NIL from side plat to top plat on yoshis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7j8z8YLDGs

Up until about a minute in this video i am on yoshis for the first NIL. Normally peach cannot reach the top plat from side plat with a short hop, DJC, or anything really quick besides a sloppy full hop airdodge or a well timed float. I believe this is going to be SUPER useful and will be used by most peaches.

inputs are: run, sh, then get the startup of fair as you land on the top plat. like wait as long as possible then fair, its pretty lenient.

I am not entirely sure if this is a NIL,because I thought if you did a NIL then the dust wouldn't appear when you land but it does here. However there seems to still only be 4 frames of lag like a NIL.

2) Ledgehop dair NIL on battlefield.

https://youtu.be/t7j8z8YLDGs?t=1m2s

This seems like more of a decent mixup tool than anything. Not invincible, but peach never is from ledge lol. Mixups are dsmash, shield then shield drop punish an approach, asdi down/cc an attack if you are at lower % then dsmash.

inputs are: ledgehop(I don't drift at all when i do it, but there may be some sort of optimal drift idk) then dair I believe on the first actionable frame.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I've seen both of these on Peach R&D but they are not that well known and this is some good video. Good stuff!

emy

Smash Rookie
Not AI's, but this video has some interesting stuff with AC fair that can also help move around platforms. For those that wanna learn ways to help move around platforms on Fod

https://youtu.be/8PbS0bfdCRI

Last edited:

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Actually funny finding you here lol what's up dude? But yeah anyway, Regarding the first one, can't you also DJC land from the side plat to the top on yoshi's? If so, wouldn't that also be faster as well?

Edit: Nvm you can't lol. Prob should have figured as much. I also didn't read the rest of the post until it was too late.

Last edited:

Sir_Slice

Smash Cadet
These are cool they're called called autocanceled fairs and dairs tho. Before the hitbox comes out your character is hitting the ground.

emy

Smash Rookie
These are cool they're called called autocanceled fairs and dairs tho. Before the hitbox comes out your character is hitting the ground.
super late but pretty sure aerial interrupt is correct. its like samus's uair aerial interrupt

COB

Smash Apprentice
super late but pretty sure aerial interrupt is correct. its like samus's uair aerial interrupt
Yeah I don't think these are autocancelled, just aerial interrupted.

COB

Smash Apprentice
I have seen the Yoshi's one in other videos but I am not sure I was aware of the Battlefield one. Super sick :D

Top Bottom