• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.B.A. MASTER: The New PT Video Thread

Killanator90

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, your PT is quite good.

If you want to improve, search for "Zero Switch" and "RCO lag", I think it'll help you a bit.

Just a few things, mostly about Squirtle :

- When you grab, U-Throw is - most of the time - the best option. Don't go for the release to jab when you don't have to refresh other moves, especially if you jab is already stale. Setting up a juggle is way better, considering Squirtle's nice juggling game.

- NEVER stale your D-Throw. That means, NEVER use it unless it'll kill : it only deals 6% (fresh), you can't combo after, and more importantly, you want it FRESH when you grab and the opponent is at kill %. F-Throw/U-Throw/Release + jab are always better when you don't want to kill.

- Against Diddy, I recommend that you switch to :charizard: before dying as :ivysaur:, because you can stock tank with :charizard: , avoid having your :ivysaur: gimped (so if you switch, you'll die later), tack on damage/kill since :charizard: will be fresh, and start the next stock with a fresh :squirtle: . IMO, it's the best option, but if you don't feel like that, no problem, switching is often something personal.

Oh and I was disappointed when you missed the edgehog after the N-air spike with :ivysaur: . :(
Thanks Myolinir. I dont get to play this MU to often only like once every 2 months so i am still unfamilar on what to do in this match. One of the man problems i have is what to do with the Banana's. Im trying to find the use for both ivy and zard thats one of the reasons i kept them in even tho i know i shouldnt.

Myollnir

Smash Ace
That was entertaining. You definitely should've won the first match when you grabbed the opponent in 2v1 though.

Needs more FT. And more throws, the only ground release that can work reliably without having to get a read is the regrab, and it isn't very effective in doubles imo.

But good job otherwise. :)

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
ha yeah, I felt like we should of won both of those. Definitely more ftilts and yeah with the pummel on the first game we should of won. Tournies are so far apart from each other now its hard to practice. I'm looking forward to the next on though.

also it was my first time teaming with that guy so if I were with someone I usually team with we could of won. Not saying he's bad just not enough time to practice together.

klao

Smash Rookie
im a new PT player im from Chillan, Chile (the same city of CT ZeRo), some videos from me:

Myollnir

Smash Ace
Not bad for a new player, honestly I can't say much things, just play more and you'll improve quickly. :)

Oh and greetings from me to Zero if you see him!! :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Don't use Squirtle's smashes unless it's for a blatant hard read (hydroplane U-Smash, F-Smash super armor). Try to clip him with shellshift -> B-Air and mix up normal fall airdodge and fastfall airdodge into Jabs and grabs. A vast majority of Squirtle's KOs in this matchup will be from B-Air/F-Air and D-Throw.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Hello everyone!

I was part of a small online tournament. Here are some matches. I was hoping you guys could tell me how to improve.

Keep in mind that there was lag... :p

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
yo Swamp just watched your match game 1&2 vs. APC99 and thought it was okay. Glad to see some more PT matches but didn't watch your matches vs. Ariand/AEM because it looks like wifi lag to the max. I'll give you some thoughts on APC99's matches.

Game 1

0:21 Avoid using any move-set that increases your fatigue timer. Doing 4 D-tilts in 3 seconds already fatigued you for 7 seconds.
0:31 Seeing the snake come down with a bad F-air you may of used a FH D-air for free % punish and knock snake away.
0:35 Be careful when using Withdraw at a close range, you can be shield-grabbed or be hit speeding off-stage.
1:15 You had a switching opportunity since Squirtle by now will be fatigued soon but no worries
1:40 Upon dodge rolling twice to get behind him go for a dash grab since Squirtle doesn't have impressive standing grab range.
1:52 That looked like you were going for Water Gun Charge Cancel into grab but you shielded instead bummer good try.
2:21 At this point the snake isn't reading your rolls so you're able to continue doing it but restrain from rolling so much, a U-tilt from snake now is gg.
3:25 As you fall towards snake and Air-Dodge you roll to get behind but ends up putting you in a bad spot. Break that habit if it is one.

Game 2

4:15 Game starts
4:20 Two N-airs isn't so bad but still, relax because Squirtle getting fatigued 2 seconds faster can be depressing with no KO power later =)
5:03 I like U-smash charging for the regular get-ups but F-smash would be a better choice for hitting through get-up attacks with super armor frames.
5:18 Chance to switch out with an early lead with Squirtle if you wanna keep him fresh
5:40 This is a small, small comment but it goes a long way, try to not use an aerial to momentum cancel when being launched since your % is low.
7:14 This moment when you get a grab off on a high % 155 Sonic I don't mind the U-throw but D-throw might of killed. Not sure due to high fatigue.

That's about it, good games Swampasaur and thanks for playing!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
yo Swamp just watched your match game 1&2 vs. APC99 and thought it was okay. Glad to see some more PT matches but didn't watch your matches vs. Ariand/AEM because it looks like wifi lag to the max. I'll give you some thoughts on APC99's matches.

Game 1

0:21 Avoid using any move-set that increases your fatigue timer. Doing 4 D-tilts in 3 seconds already fatigued you for 7 seconds.
0:31 Seeing the snake come down with a bad F-air you may of used a FH D-air for free % punish and knock snake away.
0:35 Be careful when using Withdraw at a close range, you can be shield-grabbed or be hit speeding off-stage.
1:15 You had a switching opportunity since Squirtle by now will be fatigued soon but no worries
1:40 Upon dodge rolling twice to get behind him go for a dash grab since Squirtle doesn't have impressive standing grab range.
1:52 That looked like you were going for Water Gun Charge Cancel into grab but you shielded instead bummer good try.
2:21 At this point the snake isn't reading your rolls so you're able to continue doing it but restrain from rolling so much, a U-tilt from snake now is gg.
3:25 As you fall towards snake and Air-Dodge you roll to get behind but ends up putting you in a bad spot. Break that habit if it is one.

Game 2

4:15 Game starts
4:20 Two N-airs isn't so bad but still, relax because Squirtle getting fatigued 2 seconds faster can be depressing with no KO power later =)
5:03 I like U-smash charging for the regular get-ups but F-smash would be a better choice for hitting through get-up attacks with super armor frames.
5:18 Chance to switch out with an early lead with Squirtle if you wanna keep him fresh
5:40 This is a small, small comment but it goes a long way, try to not use an aerial to momentum cancel when being launched since your % is low.
7:14 This moment when you get a grab off on a high % 155 Sonic I don't mind the U-throw but D-throw might of killed. Not sure due to high fatigue.

That's about it, good games Swampasaur and thanks for playing!
Interesting.

So what would you say my strengths are?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'd say your strengths lie in Ivysaur. I favor Ivysaur myself so watching another Ivysaur i respect that. You play her like you main her as well with how you move and flow. Good example of your strengths being displayed is you knowing to go for B-airs into landing F-tilts as a Ivy main usually does. Keep it up and Thanks for Playing Ivysaur, Swampasaur!

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Morning, Afternoon, Evening, depending on your time zone hello everyone I have a couple of matches I'd like any critique and compliments. I am more of a Ivysaur main than Squirtle or Charizard just throwing that out there. Here's my matches and note: they are Wi-Fi but with little lag/delay.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

:ivysaur:Enjoy the first video, more to come. Unfortunately I was the snake and did not learn Flame Wheel :\

:ivysaur:Edit: Second video up with yours truly, saur

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Yo guys bringing another PT video featuring Whip-lashing as :ivysaur:. Used Fox for common D-smash test despite wanting to test :ganondorf:'s F-tilt, owell enjoy. Shoutouts to you Rizen (Note: Fox D-smash does stale a lot in the video so this is something that isn't that easy doing most of the time but is still do-able with timing).

Here is a clip that will look familiar because it's off that video I asked for critique. Shows me doing a sick combo @ 0:19, but shoutouts to QD for winning the match =).

Last edited:
Top Bottom