• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.0.0 Patch?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Tell that to Little Mac players :p

It's interesting how this thread devolved completely into who should be nerfed or buffed when as earlier mentioned, this isn't like 1.3.0 or anything, this went straight up to 2.0.0, so you gotta think there's more significance to it than a couple balance changes. I'm hoping for some smaller stuff like the return of that conquest system I think from Smash 4 where it allowed you to fight for a team in a silly little vs thing. It's simple but I think it would be fun to see more people be incentivized to play characters they wouldn't normally pick. Best case scenario though I'd love to see some older modes return alongside an extra bundle of challenges to keep me busy. The multiplayer and the competition is fun for sure but for completionists like me it's always appreciated to see more challenges for me to attempt. Dunno who mentioned it before but I recall someone thinking of a possible unlockable skins system being tied to special challenges and I'd be ecstatic to have something like that in place, so long as it isn't a "do these extremely hard/grindy challenge or spend a couple bucks to get this skin" system.
I hope they add more songs, as strange as that may sound. That was my major gold sink after i got all the top tier spirits so now i just have a bunch of gold sitting around doing nothing

Arthur97

Smash Master
Since we're jumping from 1.2 right to 2.0 I bet this patch was planned form the start and includes a lot of content we've been hoping for. It's quite possible, I'd argue, that there's a Direct in store for us in correlation with this.
Considering it's due some time this week and we're already on the clock, I'm doubtful.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope they add more songs, as strange as that may sound. That was my major gold sink after i got all the top tier spirits so now i just have a bunch of gold sitting around doing nothing
If they don't, they will via the DLC characters. Though it seems like songs are just tied to stages only. Would be neat though. Though I still doubt we'll see a Shadow the Hedgehog song even then...

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I also think, along with adding songs, they should lengthen some songs that were cut in length. The DK Rap from Melee doesn't have the Tiny, Lanky, and Chunky verses, for example.

Arthur97

Smash Master
What if we were to get more stages? I don't think we will, but more stages new or old would be nice.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
What if we were to get more stages? I don't think we will, but more stages new or old would be nice.
More stages would definitely be cool! A good mix of fun stages and competitively viable stages would be awesome

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Splatoon 2 whenever it had the 1.0.0-> 2.0.0 kind of update, it was announced in a Nintendo direct?

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I'm kind of avoiding playing till they do the patch, I went through all my replays the other day and don't really want to feel rushed to go through anything from another evening of playing.

In terms of buffs - Hopefully :ultlittlemac: (side b less punishable please) :ultwendy: and :ultkirby:
in terms of nerfs - I'm not really wanting to call for nerfs this early on. :ultinklingboy:'s roller bury duration is questionable, :ultlucas:'s PK Freeze is a bit extreme in launch power, and :ultcloud: is like everywhere and I still can't figure out the guy's weakness. So that one is more personal, but I'd like to see less of him.

:ultness:'s PK Fire is a pretty obnoxious move, but I'm not really for nerfing it yet. I just don't fully understand the people defending downplaying it's potential and claiming it isn't used often by good Ness players. If that is the case, nerfing the move wouldn't hurt him that much.

And I'm still waiting for a match against :ultlucas::ultness: and :ultlink: that isn't just spamming moves the entire match and tea bagging when their projectile spam off stage gimps my already horrible recovery boys. (:ultincineroar: and :ultlittlemac:) I should have saved more of those, cause I typically crush them in the end. Had one Link actually kill himself in the end with his own bomb as he was fleeing from me for about his entire last stock trying to ledge spam like all Links I've faced. Was amazing, but I didn't save it probably from the burn out of going through like 40 of them on my day off. I know :ultsimon: is famous for similar thrilling game play, but I luckily haven't face many of him or Richter. And the ones I did weren't as spam happy.

Also all Metaknight noises. Nerf them. Loud and annoying. Luckily it isn't Brawl era with him everywhere, so my hate for him dwindled. Then I went against a couple and listening to his noises are grating for me.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think it'd be great if Miis online were restricted to default movesets. This would align with the tournament settings. It'd also make dealing with Mii characters less of a hassle since it'd be simpler to learn a consistent match-up. Other characters don't have the option of using custom moves online (thank God), so Miis shouldn't, either.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I think it'd be great if Miis online were restricted to default movesets. This would align with the tournament settings. It'd also make dealing with Mii characters less of a hassle since it'd be simpler to learn a consistent match-up. Other characters don't have the option of using custom moves online (thank God), so Miis shouldn't, either.
I can understand restricting Miis to their default heights and weights, but DPOTG, Glitch, MWM, Umebara, Genesis...probably more, all allow(ed) custom moves for Mii fighters. I think it neuters the characters abilities by forcing 1111. It's easier to manage now that there are only 3 characters with customs vs the entire cast with customs.

Last edited:

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Since we're jumping from 1.2 right to 2.0 I bet this patch was planned form the start and includes a lot of content we've been hoping for. It's quite possible, I'd argue, that there's a Direct in store for us in correlation with this.
Ahah I honestly think that hoping Nintendo will give us "what we want" is being delusional. Especially when we talk about Smash updates.
I doubt the changes are going to be significant. I really hope I'm wrong but I'm really not optimistic.
I mean, I know it's not Smash, but they've updated the Switch to 7.0 just to add 4 icons. I really don't think numbering up means anything at all.

And even if there are big changes, I wouldn't be surprised it would be mainly nerfs that people who got bodied want and a few bugs.

What I don't expect at all is changes to the online or new content. Maybe some Spirits, who knows. But as for stages or musics...well, they're selling that in a fighter pack, so they're probably not going to be giving any for free.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I can understand restricting Miis to their default heights and weights, but DPOTG, Glitch, MWM, Umebara, Genesis...probably more, all allow(ed) custom moves for Mii fighters. I think it neuters the characters abilities by forcing 1111. It's easier to manage now that there are only 3 characters with customs vs the entire cast with customs.
Oh, so they changed it now. Still, no other character is offered the option of selecting custom moves, so I think Mii fighters should be treated the same, especially if Mii players worried about being left out of the tournament scene. Or that's the impression I got on Twitter. I don't see why I should have to learn different match-ups, just because one player prefers a reflector, while another prefers something else. Either treat all characters equal, or remove Miis.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I'm kind of avoiding playing till they do the patch, I went through all my replays the other day and don't really want to feel rushed to go through anything from another evening of playing.

In terms of buffs - Hopefully :ultlittlemac: (side b less punishable please) :ultwendy: and :ultkirby:
in terms of nerfs - I'm not really wanting to call for nerfs this early on. :ultinklingboy:'s roller bury duration is questionable, :ultlucas:'s PK Freeze is a bit extreme in launch power, and :ultcloud: is like everywhere and I still can't figure out the guy's weakness. So that one is more personal, but I'd like to see less of him.

:ultness:'s PK Fire is a pretty obnoxious move, but I'm not really for nerfing it yet. I just don't fully understand the people defending downplaying it's potential and claiming it isn't used often by good Ness players. If that is the case, nerfing the move wouldn't hurt him that much.

And I'm still waiting for a match against :ultlucas::ultness: and :ultlink: that isn't just spamming moves the entire match and tea bagging when their projectile spam off stage gimps my already horrible recovery boys. (:ultincineroar: and :ultlittlemac:) I should have saved more of those, cause I typically crush them in the end. Had one Link actually kill himself in the end with his own bomb as he was fleeing from me for about his entire last stock trying to ledge spam like all Links I've faced. Was amazing, but I didn't save it probably from the burn out of going through like 40 of them on my day off. I know :ultsimon: is famous for similar thrilling game play, but I luckily haven't face many of him or Richter. And the ones I did weren't as spam happy.

Also all Metaknight noises. Nerf them. Loud and annoying. Luckily it isn't Brawl era with him everywhere, so my hate for him dwindled. Then I went against a couple and listening to his noises are grating for me.
PK Fire is a good move and is used frequently by very good and even pro Ness players a lot. The thing is the move isn’t close to broken and it’s a situational not spammapble move. It’s punishable and you have to set it up or react to land it. It’s also a move you can DI out of and sometimes avoid being punished altogether

I can definitely see why certain players would think it was broken in lower level play who don’t understand all of its properties and how to avoid/punish it, but it’s never a move you’ll hear a high level player complaining about. It’s not even Ness’s best or most spammable move (PK Thunder is). There’s literally no reason to even consider nerfing it and I’m not pretending nerfing the move wouldn’t effect Ness’s high level play because it would in a very negative way. It’s used frequently by pros but not spammed just like any other decent move

I think people just get frustrated by PK Fire because they’re impaitient and they can’t move while they’re trapped in it so they auto label it broken

Also if you see a lot of link’s, ness’s, and Luca’s spamming you may have weaknesses they’re taking advantage of because all of those characters have full kits that they use

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Oh, so they changed it now. Still, no other character is offered the option of selecting custom moves, so I think Mii fighters should be treated the same, especially if Mii players worried about being left out of the tournament scene. Or that's the impression I got on Twitter. I don't see why I should have to learn different match-ups, just because one player prefers a reflector, while another prefers something else. Either treat all characters equal, or remove Miis.
Truthfully, until it proves itself broken, I say allow it. Unless you're playing online and don't know what loadout they're going to use, IRL you're basically going to sit there and watch what moveset they create before the set starts. So you'll see them pick the reflector, or the bombs, or the broken tornado thing, etc. None of their A moves or physical properties change.

Plus, its not like Miis are very popular at real events anyway. Maybe one day if Miis cause major disruption, a standardized moveset for them could be introduced, but 1111 isn't the answer.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Truthfully, until it proves itself broken, I say allow it. Unless you're playing online and don't know what loadout they're going to use, IRL you're basically going to sit there and watch what moveset they create before the set starts. So you'll see them pick the reflector, or the bombs, or the broken tornado thing, etc. None of their A moves or physical properties change.

Plus, its not like Miis are very popular at real events anyway. Maybe one day if Miis cause major disruption, a standardized moveset for them could be introduced, but 1111 isn't the answer.
I bump into Miis online every now and then. If I am correct, the options Miis have is 24 different movesets to create. But, if that's only for one, like Mii Brawler, then that's 72 potential Miis to deal with. I think maybe an alternative could be to use the best custom a Mii could have. I don't use Miis, so if that became the preferred choice, I'd say go for it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
More stages would definitely be cool! A good mix of fun stages and competitively viable stages would be awesome
Unfortunately, any new stages will probably just be banned anyway, even if they should be legal.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Damn it Nintendo "maintenance server starting"...disconnected 30 seconds later.
Can't they warn a bit in advance? =')

I assume the patch is coming tonight.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Damn it Nintendo "maintenance server starting"...disconnected 30 seconds later.
Can't they warn a bit in advance? =')

I assume the patch is coming tonight.
It is available now. Some patch notes, but balance changes will be posted to the website rather than in the mini-notes available now.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Chrom Up B got nerfed. I know some argued it was fine, but I think it was the right choice.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Buried time generally reduced. Thank ****ing god. Mash to escape is a terrible mechanic mechanic.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Here's another note you guys should know if you haven't downloaded already.

Piranha Plant can be playable in WoL. Technically if you think about it, Kirby and Piranha Plant are the survivors.

Also the game will tell you that you can have up to 4 players play in spirit boards.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, the most notable changes it seems are:
•Nana following closer. Don't know if this hurts desyncs
•The removal of Chomicide. That's kinda sad. Chrom was fun to cheese with
•Palu's Nair has less hitstun. I see many people complaining about this move so good I guess?
•Reduced Bury time on Inkling and K Rool
•The inevitable Greninja nerf
•No Jr buff lol

Edit: Oh also the fact we got actual patch notes

Last edited:

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
From what I have tested so far and what the discord is saying, this patch doesn't hurt desyncs for the Ice Climbers.

Arthur97

Smash Master
User was warned for this post; trolling
See, your whining got Chrom nerfed. even though he wasn't the worst offender.

Also, K. Rool's recovery was nerfed...

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Who was then?

Inkling and King K. Rool also got pretty nerfed.
He was not dominating. If you're salty cause he can kill you, that's not reason to nerf.

And Inklings just got bury reduction and some buffs.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Inkling Burry nerf is just at 0%
Which wasn't the issue.
I'm thinking that may just be wording for base time in general before damage is considered making it universally shorter, but I don't know.

Still, I don't think the Chrom nerf was necessary. And the Luigi one definitely wasn't.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So I just played Classic Mode with Piranha Plant. Not sure if it really matters to be spoiler worthy or not but...
The route takes you against all the newcomers that was introduced into this game and I believe it's in an order when they first appeared in trailers and directs. You also fight Rathalos as the boss.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
So I just played Classic Mode with Piranha Plant. Not sure if it really matters to be spoiler worthy or not but...
The route takes you against all the newcomers that was introduced into this game and I believe it's in an order when they first appeared in trailers and directs. You also fight Rathalos as the boss.
Goddamnit, I was hoping it'd fight Giga Bowser.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since a new topic exists to discuss the balance patches, this thread will be closed due to redundancy. Thank you for your time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom