• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.0.0 Palu changes

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Code:
Palutena     Neutral Air Attack     Shortened hitstun time.
Palutena     Up Special     Made it easier to grab edges.
I'm not sure which part of the nair's hitstun was reduced. I thought it had removed her Nair(1) -> Fsmash/Usmash combo, but nope, it's still there. Triple nair still combos at 0%, too. The trajectory feels different on the first hit? I don't remember them getting knocked so high before. Could be placebo, since I rarely used nair(1) anyway. edit: Was probably placebo. Someone else mentioned that "hitstun" in the patch notes is actually hitlag.

The upB change is something you just sorta have to feel. I think it makes upBing to the ledge from up high more likely to grab it? Might make it easier to mix up her recovery.

Last edited:

NoyBoy98

Smash Rookie
I don't really like the changes. It's easier to drag out of her nair, which I guess sets up for grab combos, but I like the old nair. Her Up-B still bounces off of weirdly shaped stage slopes and I don't really feel a difference with it.

Idostuff

Smash Apprentice
Nair 1 always put them pretty high up. So i think that is a placebo

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the changes. It's easier to drag out of her nair, which I guess sets up for grab combos, but I like the old nair. Her Up-B still bounces off of weirdly shaped stage slopes and I don't really feel a difference with it.
From what I could gather, for some reason it seemed like Palu would only snap to the ledge if she was facing it after Warping, like the FE characters for example. Otherwise she just bounced off it and basically stage spiked herself. Zelda and Mewtwo already grab the edge even if they're facing the other way, like most fighters do.
I'll need to do some more testing, but I think this patch fixed it so that Palu can now snap even if she's facing away from the ledge after Warping. That's a big deal.

Okamu

Smash Rookie
Most anything you're feeling about NAir is placebo. Hitstun was a poor translation. What actually changed was hitLAG, which is just the freezeframe after each hit. They cut that down, which should actually make the move harder to SDI and give less time to react to it once you're hit by it. You'll need to readjust your timing on NAir to NAir combos, but you should still be able to do everything you could before as long as your inputs are fast enough.

Top Bottom