• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1980's Live Action Ness !! (anyone whos a ness fan must see...)

Ademisk

Smash Champion

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
It was not for Mother 1+2!! its not for mother 3, it distinctly says "Mother",not "Mother 1+2" or Mother 3" I just beat mother 3, btw this is dekars roomie Fox Torres, I gatta find my password but I wanted to post it, it looks pretty legit to me... Not sure what song they are singing personally, dekar would know tho XD <3

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Mother 3 Teaser. Above the video. AND JEFF IS IN THE VIDEO. There isn't anyone who looks like Jeff in Mother. It's a Mother 3 teaser, deal with it.

And the song is from Mother. Come on, can anyone put a name to it? I WILL accept the name of the person the song belongs to.

edit: LYRICS!

Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words
And sweet harmony

Raise your voices
All day long now
Love grows strong now
Sing a melody of love, oh love

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
what the heck ademisk?
do you like live in earthbound or something?

The name of the person the song belongs to? You mean it's like a character in the game's theme song?

i wouldn't know cuz i haven't played it.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Dude, how many times do I have to explain this? THIS IS WHY I PLAY NESS.

And yeah, not so much their theme song...as it is...THEIR song.

And stop posting at the exact same time as I edit.

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
Yes there is someone who looks like Jeff in Mother, and a girl who looks like Paula, ive played the game x___X not beat it or to get this question, the third guy you name in Mother has big thick black glasses and blond hair, that is so jeff in mother 1 XD

Ademisk

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? All you got is the big guy...well...I guess one of them looks a LITTLE like Jeff, but that is so a Mother 3 teaser trailer.

Edit: I guess it COULD not be....**** it all. I blame the guy who posted it on youtube for decieving me.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Hey, spoiler warning next time. Some of us are waiting for the translation patch.

Also, who the hell says fo rizzle?

Edit: okay I watched the whole trailer, I wasn't paying a bit of attention at the end, it's definitely Mother.

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
someone from kansas city whos hanging out with too many black people x_x

edit: yah, like I said its pretty old, I can just tell by lookin at the stupid thing, I love being an 80's child... I downloaded the manu/item/name patch and played the game thorugh with the translation guide and walkthrough

Levitas

the moon
They say "Holy crap how did this happen so early in the morning with two pages of stuff by three people"

Holy crap how did this happen so early in the morning with two pages of stuff by three people by the way?
Do you guys ever sleep? lol

Edit: is that Queen Mary's song? I forgot how it went after a while, so I may be completely off...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I knew the song from the beginning. There's a pretty cool remix of it somewhere on youtube. Forgot the vid though. I'm not waiting for the translation patch, I like the mother series because of the battles. The storyline is pretty simple, but pretty sad and deep at the same time too...

****MOTHER 3 SPOILER****

Claus is actually adesmisk will never really read this a kid with psychic powers and brown hair*

****END MOTHER 3 SPOLIER****

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
who wants to stop spoiling stuff for peeps who are waiting for the patch.

to ademisk, i asked if you edited something cuz earlier you posted "stop posting at the same time i edit!"

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Claus is an anagram for Lucas.

HOW CAN YOU LIKE THE MOTHER SERIES FOR THE BATTLES!?
How can you not like the battles? They have the best music of the game and I like the rolling meter system, and that they use psi. It's really weird. They're like Passive Time Battles, but you have to move fast in order to be good with it.

Ademisk, can you tell me what all the psi shield moves do. I keep forgetting which ones are the physical attack reflectors and which ones protect you from magic. They game descriptions are really cofusing for me...

BTW, awesome Earthbound Video: I am Earthbound

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_RCZOO5VYI8&mode=related&search=

Levitas

the moon
lol, that guy's part of a facebook group called Earthbound: One of the greatest RPGs ever!, and he has more videos out than just that one. And no fair at thesage who seems to be using the menu translation. Gotta go pure Japanese and guess what everything is. Makes storyline relavent items much harder to use.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Shield protects from physical, PSI Shield protects from PSI.

And yes, they have good music, graphics, they're funny......but end of story, there is NOTHING great about the battle mechanics for Earthbound. Nothing great about the battle system either.

And please for the love of god, don't get the menu translation patch, wait for the translation, WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION!

Edit: Oh, and yeah, I edited and he responded at the same time. I'm not gonna bother checking where though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol, that guy's part of a facebook group called Earthbound: One of the greatest RPGs ever!, and he has more videos out than just that one. And no fair at thesage who seems to be using the menu translation. Gotta go pure Japanese and guess what everything is. Makes storyline relavent items much harder to use.
I'm part of that facebook group too.

And no I haven't played mother 3 yet. I was taliking about earthbound. I don't know which Psi Shields block and reflect physical attacks and which psi shield blocks/reflects psi attacks. They're different greek letters and the descriptions of the attacks are very confusing, like this sentence.

Levitas

the moon
On the topic of earthbound and references, does anyone know about kid radd? I'm just reading through it now, and I got to a certain point, and there's huge massive Deja vu.

Levitas

the moon
A java based sprite comic with some animation. go to kidradd.com to see what I mean. It's pretty good, but at a certain point it's much more meaningful to people who've played earthbound.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Thank you so much for making me read/watch all of that for the last 4 hours. I hate you.

Top Bottom