• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No tripping code 'tis out (Updated! Added NEW Ocarina version!)

Revven

FrankerZ
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT BANANAS OR MOVE-INDUCED TRIPPING!

So, go out and grab yourself TP (Twilight Princess), SD Card, and an SD Card Reader (all of these needed to install the Homebrew Channel and Ocarina) to finally have a tripless Brawl! :D

Note: I do realize that this has nothing to do with tactics, but, srsly more people need to know especially those who care that play this game competitively and are utterly annoyed by tripping.

Edit: Tripping Rate Modifier (Kirby is cool)
0481CB34 C0220020
045A9340 XXXXXXXX
Hacked by Y.S. for NTSC-J, ported by Kirby is cool. MAJOR thanks to Y.S. for his support.

XXXXXXXX is a float number
0 = 00000000
0.01 = C0000000
0.05 = 3D4CCCCD
0.25 = 3E800000
0.5 = 3F000000
1.0 = 3F800000
1.5 = 3FC00000
2.0 = 40000000
2.5 = 40200000
3.0 = 40400000
3.5 = 40600000
4.0 = 40800000
5.0 = 40A00000
6.0 = 40C00000
8.0 = 41000000
10.0 = 41200000
16.0 = 41800000
20.0 = 41A00000
32.0 = 42000000
64.0 = 42800000
100.0 = 42C80000 (too much tripping)

Kirby is cool: For testing purposes I set it to 42C80000 which is 100.0 and the characters tripped at a far more higher rate than normal and everytime a match would start or they would die they would trip every time they tried to move. I tested it with 0 and they wouldent trip at all from what I could tell and I had long matches going for some time. However kicking with a Down A and Diddy's bannanas still tripped for those who use those alot.

Tutorial on installing the Homebrew Channel: Video Tutorial Part 1 & Video Tutorial Part 2.

Tutorial on how to use Ocarina: Here

You can get Ocarina from here. You need to join the forums to get it though, sorry, but hey it's also where you get the codes! :) Edit: The new Gecko OS (what I linked to now) has Ocarina support (meaning it is combined with it now) it also has fixed old things that Ocarina had trouble with such as being able to load the SD Card. You can now save replays/pictures/stages to your SD Card while you have codes on AND the date is correct instead of it always resetting to 1/1/2000 0:00 it will be the correct date. Please download the update, it is worth it, if you have any bugs PLEASE report them to the same thread you downloaded it from. Thanks!

0WN1N VS. ANTZ! (Ganondorf dittos)

Edit 2: I took the liberty to record videos of this code in action, it works guys, don't tell me it doesn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jxpbfk66c8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M86mb_SnvrI (without the code, it displays what happens to the replay).

And there you go, it works.

Edit 3: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Twilight_Hack

Go there for more information.

Edit 4: Added a tutorial on how to use Ocarina (PC app and Homebrew app)

Edit 5: Added actual matches with the code on.

Edit 6: Added the newest version of Ocarina, replaced old link with new one.

Revven

FrankerZ
Too good.

You do still slip from tripping inducing moves right? (like Diddy's bananas.)
I do not know as I have yet to try the code, if anyone tries before me and reports that then I will go ahead and assume that is one of the side effects that may need to be worked on for a better no tripping code. Phantom Wings said that the better way to do it would be to reduce the percent it happens to 0, this just removes it as an action altogether.

Personally, even if those trip inducing moves don't work for now, I don't care because the random factor is gone and I can now approach safely without the worry of tripping into an Fsmash.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I do not know as I have yet to try the code, if anyone tries before me and reports that then I will go ahead and assume that is one of the side effects that may need to be worked on for a better no tripping code. Phantom Wings said that the better way to do it would be to reduce the percent it happens to 0, this just removes it as an action altogether.

Personally, even if those trip inducing moves don't work for now, I don't care because the random factor is gone and I can now approach safely without the worry of tripping into an Fsmash.
Eh...none of my friends play Diddy so it doesn't really matter to me, but I thought bananas were kinda neat.

But YES, THE ABOMINATION OF RANDOM TRIPPING CAN BE REMOVED!

Tenki

Smash Hero
hit stun 2 plx
Haha

It wouldn't do much anyway.

You can airdodge regardless of hitstun.

edit:
The only things it would affect are characters who can normally attack out of moves that would otherwise (against other characters) have enough hitstun to link into another move without being able to attack.

For example, Samus with her hitstun resistance can N-air out of a "combo" that someone like Jigglypuff may not be able to attack out of due to lighter characters having less hitstun resistance (?).

By adding more hitstun, or decreasing stun resistance, you effectively limit these characters' options so all they can do is airdodge.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm glad that this first step has been made, but I'll wait until I'm sure that only dash-induced tripping is out and not move-induced, because I like the idea of certain moves having unique effects, plus it's important for Diddy's game.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No Tripping (Phantom Wings)
4A000000 8077F780
D2000000 00000004
2C030000 41820010
2C1C008c 40820008
3B800003 60000000
939E0038 00000000
I love you.

Foxy

Smash Master
Hitstun's coming, as soon as we can freakin' figure out where it's stored/what it is.

We thought we had a lead with the Flinch Resistance but it turns out that just modifies some other value that in turn modifies hitstun. We haven't tested maybe turning that negative to increase hitstun...

Also, the point of more hitstun is so you CAN'T airdodge, because everyone agrees that the airdodging is ridiculous.

melee 2.0 kthxbai

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Did anyone test Diddy Kong's bananas with this code on yet?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Whats the point of a Wii AR now

I would put the code if I knew would it remove tripping from things like Falco's Shine, Diddy's Bannanas, ROB's D-Tilt etc.

EDIT: *wishes for a no-lag online cheat code*

hippyman69

Smash Apprentice
noob question, how exactly do i use this?? im sorry for being such a bloody noob at this. lol. plz dont kill me

cutter

Smash Champion
Hitstun's coming, as soon as we can freakin' figure out where it's stored/what it is.

We thought we had a lead with the Flinch Resistance but it turns out that just modifies some other value that in turn modifies hitstun. We haven't tested maybe turning that negative to increase hitstun...

Also, the point of more hitstun is so you CAN'T airdodge, because everyone agrees that the airdodging is ridiculous.

melee 2.0 kthxbai
If more hitstun is added, you will make MK the Akuma of Brawl. I am not joking.

bigman40

Smash Master
Bout time you guys notice that adding hitstun isn't an option. Metaknight is broken beyond relief, which only causes two options.
1. Ban him from tournament play
2. Alter his mechanics to keep him from becoming a destroyer to the metagame

What we need to figure out is how we can make more options available to offense almost, if not, as much as the defense has.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Yeah, the comboing part of brawl isn't going to come with simple multiplication.

You can airdodge out of hitstun, not sure when you can start it.

otg

Smash Master
hit stun 2 plx
Wow agreed

melee 2.0 plx
I disagree, even a little bit more hitstun would make me play Brawl competitively. Think about how much more FUN this game would be with even some more legitimate combo ability. I don't see how anyone can disagree.

I can understand liking Brawl as it is for those who do, but adding a little more hitstun to increase combo potential would make SO many more characters tournament viable while still keeping it's inherit Brawlness. It would be a better game.

Edit:

If making one character invincible allowed for many more to become tournament viable than why not? You would see characters like Sonic, Luigi and ZSS skyrocket within tiers. So you ban one ALREADY broken character, for the sake of having more characters that are worth using? He'll just become the 64 Kirby of Brawl; anyone that plays him is a scrub.

Zeruda

Smash Cadet
I really can't wait to try this out. While I don't necessarily hate the tripping, it does annoy me to no end, and it's nice to hear that it can be avoided even if it's not by 100%.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
This is the best thread in the Brawl Tactical Discussion thats not a tactic lolz. :laugh:

But seriously I vote this thread for TOP TIER!! Agree with me and support this thread. :p

/excitement

-advent-

Sakki

Smash Cadet
I have a dream...

This sounds pretty amazing, I wonder what the SBR has to say about potentially altering the game and making that the new standard. Though im not sure at what capacity we can alter the game's programming, that thread about an SSBB "patch" could be more than just something for fun. The implications of changing the game could be what many of us have dreamed of (nerfed Snake tilts & de-prioritized mach tornado anyone?). A game that isn't Melee 2.0, but Brawl v1.5 and maybe even, dare i say it, "tires don exits"? I'm getting ahead of myself.

Then again there are plenty of reasons to not go that route. it'd be a pain for everyone to get the AR and input the codes(the truly dedicated probably wont mind much), or maybe what the AR can alter is limited, or maybe people will see it as playing God aka Masahiro Sakurai and deem it as taboo.

Personally, i'd be all for it though. Any thoughts on this possibility?

Glick

Smash Lord
WHY!? I ****ING LOVE TRIPPING.

One time someone tripped into my body and I rested them for the win.

Top Bottom