• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

15 minute melee strategy.

Bevo

Smash Apprentice
Okay.. my Melee data got erased so I was forced to get all the characters and stages for my Melee friendlies. I've never had trouble with anything except 15 minute melee. It was 4am and I couldn't sleep.. so I decided to get DK 64 stage. Okay here comes the strategy.. I had never heard of it before this. I was asking myself what made me have trouble with it.. male wire frames have moves that racked me up and flew me off, unable to recover. Some wire frames will chase you, others walk around randomly sometimes throwing a punch. My strategy was killing off all the males. Then, the female ones that chase me around. Then i just stayed at one side of the stage put up my big shield whenever they came near, blocked a punch, and shield rolled to the other side of battle field. Whenever they hit a bomb I just repeated. It was very easy, and I just thought I'd post this for anyone who would like to beat the 15 minute easily to get the stage. Hope it helps someone.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shiek's chain for 15 minutes gets you probably less than 100 kills but is quite effective.
Or if you want you could ledgestall with Firefox...if you're Silent Wolf. :laugh:

L__

Smash Master
Or you could...spam lasers with Fox!

'cause you know, Fox's lasers do a one hit KO at exactly 1.1%

Unless you suck and can't get to that percent.

Bevo

Smash Apprentice
Or if you want you could ledgestall with Firefox...if you're Silent Wolf. :laugh:
Any advanced spacies player should be able to do that consistently.
It's difficult to do for 15 minutes straight. Tried it.

I was just posting this strategy maybe to help someone out who erased the data and needed to get the stage back for friendlies. It's pretty effective and really easy.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Best strategy: Play as Yoshi, go on the higest platform, double jump and after the second jump do a yoshi bomb for aprox 800 KOs. Dont forget to watch out for Bob-Ombs

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
i used to gay them at the ledge with c.falcons up-b. some of them would do real stupid **** like trying to attack me off the stage and SDing in the process

Nytestryke24

Smash Rookie
exactly. DK ftw :laugh:

Woot! Just did it with DK giant hand slap thing! :laugh:

The worst items were the pokeballs... :item9:
Near the beginning Weezing got out of one and got me to 150%.. :ohwell:
Then Chikorita nearly killed me.. but I survived, and did it..

:joyful:

kimimaru5

Smash Rookie
eh.....gayest DEATH SD EVAR

I was down b'ing with DK and it was like 5 seconds left that's when one guy hit me off and i'm like WTF!! i Was so confused that i did DOWN B instead of UP B and i SD'D MYSELF OMG

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
as everyone here already mentioned, DK, but I yself know this would be easy si I decided togo at it with Bowser using tilts and USmash whic actually worked

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Now I've never attempted this on Melee, but the way I beat 15-Minute Brawl was to use Jigglypuff to float under the stage, back and forth, for 15 minutes. Can this strategy work in Melee as well?

-Final-

Aria♪
Now I've never attempted this on Melee, but the way I beat 15-Minute Brawl was to use Jigglypuff to float under the stage, back and forth, for 15 minutes. Can this strategy work in Melee as well?
That's what I did so yeah, it does work.

CalebSitton

Smash Apprentice
ok i will make it into easy steps :bee:

1.on the character selection screen pick Donkey Kong
2. when the match starts move to the middle of the stage
3. press this combonation down and B at the same time
hint: you you don't have to hold down on the anolog stick once it starts.
4. if a bomb-omb shows up try to throw it off the stage.if you don't you'll regret it.

ok that should clear things up now..:)

Rend

Smash Cadet
I myself use the Ice Climbers... I Freeze glitch all the wire frames, so no more can spawn, then watch TV for 15 minutes. To stop myself from getting hit by bombs, I turn one of the wire frames into ice, and stand inside it.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I myself use the Ice Climbers... I Freeze glitch all the wire frames, so no more can spawn, then watch TV for 15 minutes. To stop myself from getting hit by bombs, I turn one of the wire frames into ice, and stand inside it.
=O...never thought of that lol

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
That's what I did. Took a couple minutes to land it on all of them, but its good practice anyways ;)

moneybat

Smash Rookie
There's also the AI standstill glitch. If you roll into the outer edge of the side platforms, the CPUs will stop chasing you. It can be tricky because if they're too close to you it doesn't work, and items (as always) mess things up, but it's pretty cool. I used Ganon's jab to get rid of the wireframes that spawned on my platform, and the rest just watched.

Woowoowhistle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Woowoowhistle
Make me baby, make me know you really care, make me jump into the air

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I used to do the good ol' fashioned DK Down B strategy until I recently switched to using Mewtwo's Nair constantly for a more safer victory.

_sneaK

Smash Apprentice
Sounds weird but this is what worked for me. Pick mewtwo and go to the very edge and face away from the stage and charge the shadow ball. They just bounce right off. Netted 10 kills but I didn't have to do anything since he charges indefinitely

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Sounds weird but this is what worked for me. Pick mewtwo and go to the very edge and face away from the stage and charge the shadow ball. They just bounce right off. Netted 10 kills but I didn't have to do anything since he charges indefinitely
This Mewtwo method didn't work for me. Eventually a wireframe would use an item and disrupt it....

So far I think either using Puff and grabbing ledge, or Peach and floating constantly are the best options.

Top Bottom