• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

15 minute Brawl guide

Mr. Anon

Smash Cadet
Hello, this is for some of you who may be having trouble on 15 minute Brawl, arguably the most difficult mode of Multi-Man mode (other than Cruel Brawl, but that is not something you can complete).

General strategies

15 minute Brawl, along with 3 minute Brawl, are unique in that it is about survival, not about attacking the alloys. Because of this, most character strategies involve stalling or avoiding the alloys. Do not try to do face-to face confrontations with them; this will often result in you taking some damage, and since this goes on for 15 minutes, you can't afford that. Because of this, characters with poor range that lack stalling abilities are often discouraged. That brings me to my next point.

Character specific strategies

Sonic

At first, taking into account the value of stalling, Sonic seems like the absolute best character for this. And to an extent, he is. Spamming homing attack under the stage makes it virtually impossible for the alloys to hit you. There is a catch though: you need to use his homing attack about halfway between the center of the stage and the edge. This is because if there are no alloys and you are waiting for them to spawn, or the closest alloy is too far away, Sonic will have nobody to home on to and shoot away from the stage. If you're in the center of the underside, it becomes difficult to recover, so try to stay within safe distance from the edge so that you can use Spring Jump to recover.

Jigglypuff

This is the character I used to complete. Because she's extremely floaty, has 5 midair jumps, plus Pound as additional recovery, she can easily go under the stage from one edge to the other. A couple pointers though; try to sweetspot the edge. If you get too close to the ledge when you grab on, the alloys have the chance to edgeguard you.

Kirby
Pretty much the same strat as Jigglypuff, though keep in mind he has worse air speed, making it a bit more difficult to safely reach the other edge.

Meta Knight

Meta Knight has many options. First off, he can do the same strategy as Kirby and Jiggz. In addition, he can simply plank, though that's much more difficult to do properly. The problem with these strategies though is that they result in low high scores. For a good high score, what you can do is attract all the alloys to your side, then use Tornado to break through them. Eventually, it will KO them.

I'll continue this later. Also, feel free to ask questions/submit your own strategy.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Surviving the Alloys is extremely easy. If you observe the Alloys and their behaviors and they're aggressiveness along with the damage and knock back they can do it becomes apparent on which Alloys the leave out and which ones to get rid of. All you really need to do is have only the Blue Alloys out since they are the less aggressive and have the weakest attacks of the Alloys. The items are what I worry about more.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Get Fan, Spam regular A. This will actually work if you avoid any items that could kill you; bomb-omb, motion bomb, deku nut, anything that explodes really.

Sephy95

Smash Lord
Good suggestions but I like doing things legit. The only real worry I have are the spawning of explosive based items right next to me. I've completed it though so it doesn't really matter.

Life

Smash Hero
If you have two players, get two Lucarios and try to trap all the alloys in a double Aura Sphere charge. The only thing that can screw you up from there, like the fan strat, is a bad bomb spawn.

Abusing the fan works great, if you don't mind pausing occasionally to give your thumb a rest.

For short term survival, grabbing a screw attack helps. This is actually how I beat 15MM in Melee, but Screw Attack wears off now so you can't do it forever.

As mentioned above, Blue Alloy is the least dangerous, so try to kill the others first.

If you get it down to one alloy, Sonic (and probably others depending on which alloy) can abuse the bad AI to circle camp until a fan spawns.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The dangerous thing about the fan strategy is with certain characters. (Taller ones to be exact.) are at more risk of accidentally setting off explosives and duds because sometimes they spawn near or at their full height when using the fan. Smaller characters are at little risk but sometimes can still can hit by the explosions radius.

PersonallyIPreferDair

Smash Apprentice
I really think planking is the best choice for 15 minute brawl.
There are no rewards for getting a certain amount of kills, and staying on-stage increases your chances of getting blown up by some dumb bob-omb spawn.

Top Bottom