• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

13-Year-Old Puppeh Signed by Arcane eSports

Arcane eSports made a splash in the MD/VA region on Monday night after it added the 13-year-old prodigy Puppeh to its Smash 4 roster. The young Sheik main was the latest winner of the Xanadu Arcadian, as well as the winner of the Top of the Food Chain regional in Southern Virginia two weeks ago. Puppeh is currently ranked 17th on the MD/VA PR, although with his recent strong performances he is likely to climb into the top 10 once the PR is updated this coming week.

Reslived interviews Puppeh after his Xanadu Arcadian win
Stream owned by VGBC
Signing Puppeh is a big move for Arcane after they lost one of their star players, Seagull Joe, to VexX Gaming less than a month ago. Puppeh will be joining Arcane's Smash 4 roster featuring Feel Tension and Myran. Despite his young age and only having about a year and a half of experience in competitive Smash under his belt, Puppeh is definitely a player to keep an eye on; he has the potential to do great things in his Smash career.

Puppeh shows that he doesn't always need to use Sheik to win, even in Grand Finals
Stream owned by Dunham Gaming

Keep up with the newly sponsored Puppeh by following him on his Twitter. Excited to see such a young Smasher get sponsored? Let us know in the comments section below.

Comments

13 year old. See kids dreams really do come true. I'll be keeping an eye out for his Mario. that will be a treat the longer this game goes on.

User was warned for this post
Pffft, people are impressed by this?

I saw a guy beat all 8 gym leaders, complete a Pokedex, take down an entire terrorist organization, catch the rarest Pokemon of all time, catch one of the few manmade Pokemon, beat the Elite Four AND become Pokemon Champion while destroying his rival's Pokemon career.

All at age 12.

My reaction: "Puppeh, really, that's a silly name for a Smash player, what is he, like 13 years old?"

*Sees he is indeed 13 years old*

*Cries self to sleep over inferior Smash skills*

D
He deserves it if he's a solid player, regardless of age. I feel good that such a younger player understands the game. People will be hating and calling out on the region's skill-level. But hell, I'd like to see them actually putting up a fight against the kid.

Bottom line:

Don't sleep on the kid.

You know your game is esports when 13 years old's are good and getting sponsored.

Smash as a whole is now one big step closer to League of Legends (where Faker has been arguable the best midlaner since he was 15 or 16), DOTA 2 (where the best player on EG won $1 million at the age of 17), and Starcraft (where everyone retires by 25) ROFL.

Great job by Puppeh though! Glad to see Arcadian winners picking up steam, getting wins, and going from "amateurs" to proven players to sponsored real quick!

Last edited:

I saw a guy beat all 8 gym leaders, complete a Pokedex, take down an entire terrorist organization, catch the rarest Pokemon of all time, catch one of the few manmade Pokemon, beat the Elite Four AND become Pokemon Champion while destroying his rival's Pokemon career.

All at age 12.
Why was this user warned for this? It's called a joke... :chuckle:

---

I remember seeing Puppeh's first appearence at Xanadu, and people were giving him sh*t, just because he was young. Just because you are young, it doesn't mean you can't be good at a game.

Last edited:
I believe Squerk and Dasboot (his older brothers) are power ranked too, but he's the strongest of them all lol.

Good work Troy ;)

:150:

I heard Puppeh was a bit of a brat, but I'm always skeptical about rumors like that, especially when they come from Youtube (Please don't hit me Smash Community!)

- Goes on his Twitter feed
- Immediately sees player bashing and "you get carried by your character lmao"
- Puppeh plays Sheik and Mario

I would probably be a lot happier for him if I didn't see stuff like that on his Twitter feed, especially when he plays *the* top tier character and a high tier character.

All at age 12.
*Tries hard not to laugh but proceeds to laugh really hard.*

I heard Puppeh was a bit of a brat, but I'm always skeptical about rumors like that, especially when they come from Youtube (Please don't hit me Smash Community!)

- Goes on his Twitter feed
- Immediately sees player bashing and "you get carried by your character lmao"
- Puppeh plays Sheik and Mario

I would probably be a lot happier for him if I didn't see stuff like that on his Twitter feed, especially when he plays *the* top tier character and a high tier character.
Puppeh talks a lot of trash, but he's not Leffen or anything

He can be nice......I've heard :p

Only 13 years old? Nice!
Oh wait they play Sheik, now I'm not surprised

Seriously though, kudos to this kid

Of course when I was 13 years old...Twitch didn't exist (or it did, but it wasn't mainstream yet), people gaming for a living via youtube wasn't big yet, and there weren't that many e sports sponsors for smash bros like there are now.

If it sounds like I'm jealous of Puppeh, its because I am. I wish I had the opportunities he and other young teens/tweens have nowadays with competitive gaming when I was his age. :)

Im jealous. im 13 and there is no smash scene where i live so i dont have like any opportunities to enter tournaments even though i play competitively.

Puppeh is getting a little bit mad. You know what THAT means...

(p.s. i know Gohan is younger)

Last edited:
Here is the truth. Smash 4 is lacking so much depth as a game that a 13 year old can quickly become one of its better players because there isn't very much to understand and master. It is a testament to how bad your training regimen is for a video game if you're improving slower and doing worse than this kid at smash 4.

Go pick up a real game like melee.

Here is the truth. Smash 4 is lacking so much depth as a game that a 13 year old can quickly become one of its better players because there isn't very much to understand and master. It is a testament to how bad your training regimen is for a video game if you're improving slower and doing worse than this kid at smash 4.

you do know one of the best Project M players is 14 right?

You sound very silly man.

Lol no. I won't argue that Smash 4 has more / equal depth to Melee overall, but since Smash 4 doesn't have a ludicrously complex technical side to it (Wavedashing, L-canceling, V-canceling, less restricted SDI, etc) it means that players have to play the game almost purely cognitively. Basically what I'm saying is that in Melee you can beat players who are more clever / knowledgeable than you by just running them down with insanely fast tech skill and combos that can be boiled down to muscle memory. In Smash 4, there's not that depth regarding tech skill. Because of this, players have to out-think their opponent at all levels, and aren't rewarded for just committing some different combo inputs to muscle memory.

TL;DR
Git gud before you talk trash on other games.

Damn

You know your game is esports when 13 years old's are good and getting sponsored.

Smash as a whole is now one big step closer to League of Legends (where Faker has been arguable the best midlaner since he was 15 or 16), DOTA 2 (where the best player on EG won $1 million at the age of 17), and Starcraft (where everyone retires by 25) ROFL.

Great job by Puppeh though! Glad to see Arcadian winners picking up steam, getting wins, and going from "amateurs" to proven players to sponsored real quick!
I actually played Starcraft at friend's house with him. We took a break and he said Might as well look at each other's maps. I think the reason behind them retiring at 25 is b/c they get tired of playing on Meltdown with Zerg....

Top Bottom