• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/26/10 Black Friday Smashfest! Brought to you by Scidadle

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
The Tampa crew is large, we just never show up to anything.
Playing melee with different people was nice, kind of sad my controller died.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Controllers are cheap on amazon takao.

I got a slightly used GC one for like 10$

It needed to be SEVERELY cleaned out with a q-tip + rubbing alcohol though

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
STFU Tommy dont bring your SFL **** in here.

It's black friday after thanksgiving, a lot of people were either working or had gone back home for the holidays. Some people have no excuse but we had several new faces attend this fest as well, which was great. The only reason I'm dissapointed is because Orlando came out and didn't get to see a lot of Tampas best players.
It was a smashfest IN YOUR REGION and your region still didn't show up.

You don't have any right to tell me to shut up with Tampa and Orlando's lack of effort to travel. This has been ever since the start of Brawl and honestly I don't know how SFL has put up with the bs.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
Controllers are cheap on amazon takao.

I got a slightly used GC one for like 10$

It needed to be SEVERELY cleaned out with a q-tip + rubbing alcohol though
Does Amazon still sell new ones? The thought of buying one used is somewhat scary to me.

Exdeath

Smash Master

You don't have any right to tell me to shut up with Tampa and Orlando's lack of effort to travel. This has been ever since the start of Brawl and honestly I don't know how SFL has put up with the bs.
Half of the people who came to this traveled ~2+ hours and one person that I know of traveled ~3 hours on a bike. You weren't here, so you wouldn't know this.

You're judging something unrelated to you and your opinion is not welcome -- as can be seen in the posts since you've offered it.

OverLade

Smash Hero

Damn, it's a shame when everyone in your region isn't a complete loser and has a life outside of smash...especially if they're going home to their families for thanksgiving weekend...

Most Smashfests Tampas core group does show up very consistently, this one just happened to be placed badly. We have anywhere from 10 to 20 people show up at Thursday fests which isn't even a convenient time for a lot of people in the region (and a lot of them dont/cant show up).

So etc etc etc long story short nobody cares go back to SFL threads etc Kthxbai.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Takao: I think so

@Redhal: If you want me to make this the thread for the friday fest gimme the info and I'll change the OP

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Damn, it's a shame when everyone in your region isn't a complete loser and has a life outside of smash...especially if they're going home to their families for thanksgiving weekend...
First of all, the insults were unnecessary. We didn't even try to have a smashfest because of other previous "life" arrangements.

The fact that someone was willing to hold one suggested there was interest in people going.....yet, hardly anyone went. Nice job.

Also apparently hanging out with friends from Orlando makes you a loser? Damn, I'm a huge loser because I have friends all up and down SFL that I hang out with at smashfests. It's not about smash, it's about supporting your community.

Nice lack of respect.

Most Smashfests Tampas core group does show up very consistently, this one just happened to be placed badly. We have anywhere from 10 to 20 people show up at Thursday fests which isn't even a convenient time for a lot of people in the region (and a lot of them dont/cant show up).
10-20 people is terrible for a single day consistent smashfest in a good place to have it. I'm not hating on the Smashfest holders because they're obviously trying to have people come together and have a good time. It's the lack of motivation to spend time with people that they all supposedly care about. Maybe that's what it is.
So etc etc etc long story short nobody cares go back to SFL threads etc Kthxbai.
Long story short is you have no respect for those in the smash community and you think they're all there for you to use whenever you need them.
Comments in bold.

How about this? I'll make a trade off with you. The people who actually lose sometimes to CFL will travel more up to CFL once CFL shows an interest to travel anywhere. Until then, enjoy having only Seibrik, Afro(team), NickRiddle, Shaky, and ESAM at your tournaments and enjoy not having anyone in CFL place in any more large tournaments.

Either that or shut up about not being more recognized, or having more people in the PRs, because as of right now, CFL doesn't deserve it.

These claims are very widespread. Don't have everyone in CFL think I hate them because I don't hate anyone. I, and the rest of SFL, am sick of the mistreatment and disrespect from people who ***** and do nothing else about it. Don't have my lack of respect confused with hatred. Yes, there are exceptions.
For example, there's no reason GDX should have driven to my tournament alone. That was completely ridiculous. Much respect GDX.

Kthxbye.

Edit: Make up your ridiculous rebuttal about some random reason why CFL hasn't been able to travel or made an attempt but a few times to travel for the past 2-3 years of Brawl's life. I'm not even going to reply because I think I've made my point.
I'll let you get the last word.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Thats why you dont live in Tampa.

Blah blah blah with ya blah blah blah. Comin out ya mouth with ya blah blah blah. Zip ya lip like a padlock. And meet me in the back with the jack and the juicebox.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
its smart people like you that make me want to travel to cfl even more :)

tho i guess this works out better for you, me not going=more money in ur pocket

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
nice trollin redhal

honestly tampa has a huge transportation problem it seems, the people who have cars to go to tournaments/fests arent free very much it seems and the ones who dont have some sort of transportation on a regular basis and are almost always free like scidadle, well, their screwed unless the few people that have rides man up :/

as far as the fest goes, ive said before my dad had to go to a meeting with people from brazil and i was stuck at the other house painting, also made plans after the fest but i couldnt get the car until later next time ill plan wayyyy ahead and not make plans at all that day

smash Your m0m

Smash Journeyman
srry i didnt show up to this...i was out get sum furniture for my new place i really wanted to go...the only thing that can stop ppl from goin to a smash fest is a lil thing called LIFE...sum of yous might not no what that is yet but u will soon...good stuff for the ppl that showed up love you ppl fo life

OverLade

Smash Hero
its smart people like you that make me want to travel to cfl even more :)

tho i guess this works out better for you, me not going=more money in ur pocket
You know you've gotten lucky every single time you've beaten me so you can save your breath ;)

You're just lucky that this game is terrible...

edit:
Anyone who gets 3 stocked by Redhalberd and is ranked number 1 in their state is a scrub.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
You know you've gotten lucky every single time you've beaten me so you can save your breath ;)

You're just lucky that this game is terrible...

edit:
Anyone who gets 3 stocked by Redhalberd and is ranked number 1 in their state is a scrub.
and yet i still won, twice....

money in my pocket didnt weigh any less for how it ended up there

OverLade

Smash Hero
and yet i still won, twice....

money in my pocket didnt weigh any less for how it ended up there
Lol you guys are so serious. Can you please take everything I say less seriously I might be able to resist trolling if you didnt :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Oh and SFL is BADDDDDDD.

Do you see how many Ds there are? That's indicative of how bad you guys are.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Lol. Noel is a *****

@Garb if you come to the fest this friday I'll go to NLL :D

I can house you then we can head over the next day and someone from tampa can bring me back

(Assuming someone from Tampa goes) :D

Top Bottom