• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
11/17/07-11/18/07 Final Smash: S.O.S.'S Final ****: Results!

To everyone who came:
I'm amazed that I had such an amazing turnout. When I got there at 11 am the first day and only saw 3 people, I was only expecting 40 to 50 max. But all 3 states showed up, there was 72 entrants for singles, 28 teams and 9 crews, and I couldn't have been happier. This is far and away the biggest player ran Smash tournament in Texas since MOAST 3. I hope this restores San Antonio's status as a great place to have tournaments. But enough about this, here's what everyone wants to see:

Singles:

1: Caveman
2: Xelic
3: DoH
4: Broly
5: Kyle
5: Rob$
7: Rice
7: Ram
9: Hylian
9: Mr. C
9: Smiles
9: Cyphus
13: XLR8
13: Lee
13: Save The Queen
13: Boomstick
17: Bear
17: Pneuma
17: bluezaft
17: Raki
17: SOS
17: Taylor
17: Vash
17: Flarefox
25: Rok
25: Break
25: Fear
25: Ragnarock
25: Mr.P
25: Drumma Boi
25: Swift
25: Kite
33: Rage
33: Mosquito
33: Zach
33: Vlad
33: Santi
33: Puffball
33: haha
33: Sethlon
33: Galt
33: F4L
33: LG
33: teh pope
33: Jared
33: DV8
33: Majin
33: Lep
49: Varuna
49: forkgirl
49: Buh?
49: Gus
49: Wombat
49: SHYG
49: Box
49: LAM
49: RAWR
49: DJG
49: EHA
49: AGA
49: KNIVES
49: EDDY
49: Klown
49: tac0
65: APOC
65: FC
65: Dojo
65: Carlie
65: MEAN
65: Jay
65: Cake
65: Naon

Teams:

1: Campy McBackair (bluezaft/Smiles)
2: Legally Blonde (SOS/DoH)
3: ********* (Forkgirl/Xelic)
4: ISAIII!!! (Hylian/Espy)
5: Thin Chicks Need Lovin' Too (Kite/Mr C)
5: I herd u liek Mudkips (Reqy, JF)
7: Magical Unicorns (Cyphus/Lee)
7: The Coheed Empire (haha/Darkrillin)
9: Taylor/Kyle (Taylor/Kyle)
9: Team Never Dies (Majin/Mosquito)
9: Team Blaba (Lep/Zero)
9: Turbo Fudge (Ram/Drumma)
13: Blue Magic Sponsored by Chris Chu (Fyre/XLR8)
13: Swift Gangastas (Swift/LG)
13: No Johns (Dyse/Carlie)
13: Strawberry Kiwi (teh pope/Kal)
17: Big Hot & Karl (Rice/Boomstick)
17: Who Needs Mario? (Pneuma/Naon)
17: RBF (Knives & Broly)
17: PAGS (Ragnarock/Mr. P)
17: Jellyfish Pirates (Bear/Sethlon)
17: Angry Taco (RAWR/tac0)
17: RockIV (Gus/DJG)
17: URFUK'D (Flarefox/Varuna)
25: Handicap (Vash, Apoc)
25: Team ***** (AGA/Break)
25: Boondocks (F4L/Rok)
25: Herbavores (Jared/Poot)

Crews (due to time constraints, we had to leave out grand finals, and thus no true 3rd place.)

1: Team Magnolia
2: The Romosexuals
Tied for 3rd: Team Dat and Half of our crew is wasted. Guess who!
5: Xelic is Gay!!!
5: Magical Unicorns
7: I'll throw a Ness ditto at you!
7: San **** Antonio
9: Pues a la verga

NOTE: SOS set the record for most stock taken in a single crew battle, 16!
And Sethlon is too good. He definitely carried Magnolia's victory, right down to the last fight between him and Bluezaft (truly an epic match).

My Shout Outs:

First to the people that helped me:

DOH: thanks for simply busting out your lap top when Smiles screwed up royally. Also your understanding of Tio helped out a lot. We would have been horribly delayed if you didn't do that. Thank you. Seriously, I really appreciate it. I can't say it enough.

Forkgirl, Bear, UglyWombat: thanks for helping me call out matches and manning the station when I was up. The host can't simply sit down the entire time (and I have the sore legs to prove it.)

SOS, UglyWombat, and Kite:
thanks for housing people (since I couldn't do it anymore:()

And Smiles: Well, I guess you made a banner..... less than a week before the tournament, and one I had to finish myself. And you totally bogged us down by saying "oh, my bracket program is great! I've used it before. It'll be fine:cool:." Shoulda stayed in school! So why are you getting a shout out in this section? So I can call you a NOOOOOOOOOOOOB lol:psycho:

Now, on to the players:

SOS: You will have your revenge. But next time, you're going to have to do more than show up late with a hangover and play friendlies the whole time.

AustinRC: Boo you beat SOS:( oh well, it just goes to show how you improved from when I first played you WAY back at WTYM 2. Thanks for the show of support. It's nice to know you're appreciated.:)

Caveman: Well, I guess you managed to disprove the rumors that you stop caring and wouldn't be able to win. Good stuff.

Rob$: Shoulda gone Falco;)

Smiles: From this :) to :( oh how cruel it is to be beaten twice. Don't drink and drive son.

Lep:
Johnny Quest ftw lolz. Good job in crews.

Sethlon:
Still too good. I saw your Roy beasting in crews, even against Peaches(!) and it's a shame that we couldn't have gotten most of it recorded. Plus, thanks for all the Guilty Gear we played at SOS's apartment. I learned a few things, and finally ***** your Johnny. Robo Ky dittos are too much fun. You have to come to my GG tournament. You'll be the first smasher to know the date.

Bear: Still of the greatest smashers to ever party with. Can't wait for you to come down again just to hang.

To the rest of Magnolia who DIDN'T COME:
you guys missed out.

Xelic:
Must you and DOH be in the finals AGAIN? Peach dittos hurt my eyes because they take so **** long. Maybe if you learned another character you can stop losing to Sheik:laugh: Thanks for coming Jordan.

Hylian: I really do want to rematch you. I just won't pick Dreamland anymore against Fox.

Taco: We had a great match. But my Gannon is amazing at comebacks >.> Chainthrow to dsmash to fair just wrecks too much.

Cyphus and the rest of LA: I'm actually amazed I went stock for stock with your Doc in crews. I usually choke under such pressure. However, I really should have just restarted the whole. But I didn't know that Lee wasn't supposed to be Mario until he took out 2 people. If I wasn't so concerned about the time, we would have done that. I look forward to a rematch in future. I sure you do as well.

Drumma Boi and the rest of FL: thanks for being cool about the second day. Your crew definitely made quite the comeback against San Antonio. Of course, I think I will be banning Poke floats next time around:ohwell: I saw a lot of interesting techniques from you guys. Each state seems to have their own unique tactics. I hope you all made it home safely and can come again in the future.

Bluezaft:
come to think of it, we totally forgot about the Peach ditto we were supposed to play. But that's both of our faults. I really wanted to see if I could beat you (I was playing so horrible last time at Trader's Planet). As for the money thing...... go check page 65 for my response to the matter.

Kal, Galt, Dojo, Santi, numerous others I played in friendlies:
gg everyone. Especially Kal for getting way better in such a short period of time.

LG:your smack talk is too good. I can't wait to get a link up in this thread to what Austin RC recorded (it was at least most of your match against Bluezaft, maybe more than that).

Waco: While you were a big part of the inspiration to hold this, I'm sad not a single one of you came, especially since you showed up to the BETTY tournament and didn't even post you were coming.

If I think of anyone else I forget, I'll try to add them.

In conclusion:

I really do apologize for anything that went wrong with this event. I thought the first day was stupendous, but I know the second day could have gone much smoother if people arrived sooner and we did not try to run crews alongside teams. Plus we didn't get to do random or the low tier events either. And since the delay on Brawl wasn't announced when I first put this up, I want to try to get it done bigger and better, so......

Keep an eye for the sequel: Final Smash 2: SOS's Revenge!
Date: TBA

<3 to all the smashers that thanked me for holding the tournament.

Boo on Forkgirl and Smiles for getting up everyone's hope for a tournament that they didn't hold, and I decided to take over myself.

Hail to the King Mosquito, baby.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
i have read a few of the masterer betty's posts, he is almost as funny and demeaning as i am.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Rage is from Dallas and he's pretty good. Betty is from San Antonio and he's also pretty good.

I think you're thinking of Sora/Oblivion from Waco, Rage?

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
lmao who the hell lost 70$? you sure you got your facts straight? you're from waco right how bout you stay there and talk mess where its nice and safe
im from dallas, there is a kid from waco who played flt who lost 70 after multiple 5 stocks. oblivious.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Mkay: sign me up for crew if still available. Also, I live 5 minutes from Gamelot. If theres any need for housing (unless your from Waco lol) send me a PM.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
i would like to join xD

naw naw i would only bring the team down :p but who knows
either way ill be there

SA town for the ABSOLUTE win ^ ^

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
:p ohwell all that doesnt change that zelda is teh ****z in my book

K1T3

Smash Lord
Tourney!!
So I havn't been in a smash tourney since last year and this is the last melee tourney and at the end of the year so it's perfect, I'll be there.
That and Wobbling being banned makes me so happy that I just have to enter =)
You should see about having this be a two day event, I'd be willing to house people. Or maybe a lock in?
I def want to be on SA crew!!! I havn't done a crew battle in so long and they're my fav!
I like the idea of not having to pick characters before the crew battle starts though. Also all random neutrals on random please? You took away two of my fav stages =(
What's with no stage bans... and no dave's stupid rule... but oh well it's cool I guess

People that should be on SA crew (UTSA)
Smiles
JR
Gale
Haha
Fyre
N
Bryant(I don't know his smash name)
All these guys are really good!!

We really need SA vs Houston/Austin/Dallas crew battles!!

Oh yeah we should see about advertising to other states as well. At least the South

Agamemnon

Smash Rookie
I will ask off for these days and will talk to my brother Break about going to this. Hopefully some other people around the Dallas area can come though.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Aw, I love Dave's stupid rule...
Anyways, if too many people sign up for the SA crew we should do RR for spots in the crew.

I want to try at least, seeing that I probably wont play anymore after this tourney.
I'll need some warming up...
SOS? when are you not working again?

Smash Apprentice
Aw, I love Dave's stupid rule...
Anyways, if too many people sign up for the SA crew we should do RR for spots in the crew.

I want to try at least, seeing that I probably wont play anymore after this tourney.
I'll need some warming up...
SOS? when are you not working again?
round robin it is then :) sounds good but my days off work are sundays and mondays anyone wanting to practice it up hit me up and ill see what i can do. afterall this is the last melee tourney.

I talked to Zeroes, he's coming too, guaranteed, he's already requested for the day off from work to attend the tournament.
wow this tourney is gonna be one to remember :p

Who are they again?

Oh? the original marth is coming?

BTW Crews should be Original SAK, you know who im talkn about
lol original SAK VS Waco would be a **** lol

S.O.S. BETTY Coach Majin link Zeroes and Doc would be 2 good. hell if flip was there to produce the omg's it would be to good lol

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
Ill play in teh crew battle!

annndddddd

I can bring a camera and record matches but memory is limited so if some1 can bring a laptop that would be appreciated.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Ill play in teh crew battle!

annndddddd

I can bring a camera and record matches but memory is limited so if some1 can bring a laptop that would be appreciated.
Taylor and Smiles can bring their laptops. I dunno anyone else that can, but there are computers already at Gamelot you may be able to use as well.

Broly

Smash Lord
Brownsville may show up to this n trust me, im sure we can beat Waco. just leave S.O.S to me. yes, the CHIN PLAYER returns.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might come and bring some austin/pflugerville people.

Crews will be fun :).

Oh, and I went to waco for a tournament once. In the finals I had to play a falco that I could beat with Pichu LOL.

Ronnie

Smash Apprentice
How about you all come to the big Houston Monthly on the 20th-21st instead and lose to the great SideEffect. Then at least you have a story to tell to your grandchildren.

Think about it.

K1T3

Smash Lord
How about you all come to the big Houston Monthly on the 20th-21st instead and lose to the great SideEffect. Then at least you have a story to tell to your grandchildren.

Think about it.
Why would we need to go to Houston when the best Houston players are in SA at UTSA?
I think you should come here and see if you stand any chance at all against them =P

Hylian and Broly I need to play you both!!! We've never played and smash is ending =(

(I'd be willing to go to Houston if anyone was driving =) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom