• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Idea Mafia 2018: Hot, Hot Summer Shootout! — Game Over! Who kept cool in the land of heated conversations?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Bad Idea Mafia 2018: Hot, Hot Summer Shootout!

hello, world
Here's a fun classic. This has the potential to be a casual game, although it doesn't have to be. It is what you make it: a cool oasis in the scorching heat, or scorched earth in the cold post-apocalyptic fallout. Just post every 48 hours so that no one is wondering where you are. The game should be easy and quick, and as such I don't expect it to get in anyone's way.

This is a completely open setup, for 13 players. Read the rules and the roles carefully for the details! Tag me if you have any questions.

The Rules
  • There are no votes and no lynches - Days only end with a Bang!
  • After a Day ends there will be a Night phase of 48 hours, OR as long as it takes for Night actions to come in.
  • You may only communicate outside of the game if your role PM specifies so. Very important rule!
  • Watch the thread title to see exactly what Day it is.
  • Days have no deadlines unless inactivity becomes a problem.
  • Don't talk about the game outside of the thread or you will be Modkilled.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed - you will receive a warning if you do.
  • Failing to post at least once within 48 hours will get you a warning.
  • Three warnings will result in a Modkill unless there's an eager replacement.
  • Be nice to other players and don't insult them!
  • You should only post in English, and only use visible text.
  • No more posting once you are dead except one "Go town/scum" post.
  • You may not post any metadata in an attempt to break the game, no screenshots, no nothing.
  • Failure to send in your Night action will result in no action being taken.
  • Modkills end the Day only if the killed player is town-aligned.
  • You're not allowed to fake a Daykill or post the "Bang!" command if you don't have that ability -- immediate Modkill is the consequence!
  • I will accept a "Daykill!" command in place of a "Bang!", so the above rule applies to that, too. Don't be a dumb.
  • Don't shoot yourself! Shoot your friends!

The Roles

You're just some townie.

You possess the ability to Daykill any player except yourself at any time during the Day, by simply posting Bang! <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game, and the game will proceed to Night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game. However, for every person you have Daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24-hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game Day, during which you will be unable to Daykill anyone. This effect DOES STACK, and will NEVER go away.

You win when the Mafia has been completely eliminated.
You are a cool cop, in the Town.

You possess the ability to Investigate one player per Night and learn their alignment. This ability will never fail (unless you die that Night) and is guaranteed to give accurate results, with the exception of the result you will receive if you investigate the Hotfather. The Hotfather will appear to be Town-aligned.

You are a bombshell, in the Town.

You're a regular knockout. In all the hubbub, you had the Good Idea of strapping some explosive devices to your body. These devices are well-hidden under your clothes and are very sensitive. If you are Daykilled, you will cause an explosion that will randomly kill one other Town-aligned player who is not also a bombshell. This will not happen if you die at Night.

You are the hot box, in the Mafia.

You're flesh, you're muscle, you're a body, you're a goon, you're a hired thug, you're a number advantage, you're a statistic. You had a rough childhood, but they don't pay you to talk about it. They don't pay you to think, either. Sit tight and look beefy until you win.

You win when the Mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the Town, such that the logical result of the game's progression would be an elimination of the Town. The Mafia Hotfather is Y. The Mafia Hot Piece'a'Sass is Z. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game using the joint PM that I will put you in. Talk amongst yourselves about, amongst other things, who to Murder from amongst the cast.
You are the hotfather, in the Mafia.

You're the leader of the mafia that is trying to subvert this town of armed maniacs and rise to power. You will appear to be Town if ever investigated by a cop.

You win when the Mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the Town, such that the logical result of the game's progression would be an elimination of the Town. The Mafia Hot Box is X. The Mafia Hot Piece'a'Sass is Z. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game using the joint PM that I will put you in. Talk amongst yourselves about, amongst other things, who to Murder from amongst the cast.
You are the hot piece'a'sass, in the Mafia.

You possess the ability to Daykill any player except yourself at any time during the Day, by simply posting Bang! <player> in any of your posts. That person will be removed from the game, and the game will proceed to Night phase. You may use this ability as many times as you'd like throughout the game. However, for every person you have Daykilled in the game, you will be subject to a 24-hour "cooldown" period at the start of each in-game Day, during which you will be unable to Daykill anyone. This effect DOES STACK, and will NEVER go away.

You win when the Mafia achieves a mathematical parity with the Town, such that the logical result of the game's progression would be an elimination of the Town. The Mafia Hot Box is X. The Mafia Hotfather is Y. You may communicate with each other at any time during the game using the joint PM that I will put you in. Talk amongst yourselves about, amongst other things, who to Murder from amongst the cast.

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

The Players

[01] Fireemblemnier
[02] The Stoopid Unikorn
[03] Pokechu
[04] #HBC | Kary
[05] Shishœ
[06] Maven89
[07] LoneKonWolf
[08] Opossum
[09] Natz~
[10] vaanrose
[11] Coricus
[12] Yellowlord
[13] AmericanDJ

Murdered in Cold Blood:
Day 1: Pokechu, just some townie (Post 271)
Night 1: Shishœ, just some townie (Post 285)
Day 2: #HBC | Kary, hot piece'a'sass (Post 541)
Night 2: Coricus, a cool cop (Post 551)
Day 3: The Stoopid Unikorn, hotfather (Post 710)

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

I’d say I’m busy as heck because my work shifts will be even longer... but it’s 48 hours per phase. Gives me a lot of time.
To clarify:
- Day phases are indefinite OR until someone is shot, in which case they end immediately.
- Night phases are 48 hours at most, OR they end immediately after I get all of the Night actions (two cops, one mafia shot).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To clarify:
- Day phases are indefinite OR until someone is shot, in which case they end immediately.
- Night phases are 48 hours at most, OR they end immediately after I get all of the Night actions (two cops, one mafia shot).
Oh.

Still think it gives me a good amount of time to have decent involvement

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
so, what's the difference between the "24 hour cool-down period" for Bang!ing someone, and just saying "you can't kill the next day"?

Is there a difference, or nah? Just making sure :laugh:

#HBC | Nabe

so, what's the difference between the "24 hour cool-down period" for Bang!ing someone, and just saying "you can't kill the next day"?

Is there a difference, or nah? Just making sure :laugh:
If you've Daykilled one person over the course of the game, you start every Day phase not being able to Bang! for the first 24 hours of the Day. If you've Daykilled two people, that number jumps to 48 hours, and so on.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Oh wow

so

just to be sure

If I day kill someone Day 1

I couldn't kill for Day 2

I kill during Day 3

and I couldn't kill for Day 4 or 5

and I kill during day 6

and couldn't kill for Day 7, 8, or 9?

#HBC | Nabe

Oh wow

so

just to be sure

If I day kill someone Day 1

I couldn't kill for Day 2

I kill during Day 3

and I couldn't kill for Day 4 or 5

and I kill during day 6

and couldn't kill for Day 7, 8, or 9?
Days do not end until a player is Daykilled (or a Town player is Modkilled).

If you Bang! someone Day 1
you can't Bang! on Day 2 for the first 24 hours of Day 2
you can't Bang! on Day 3 for the first 24 hours of Day 3
etc.

If Day 2 has lasted for 24 hours and one second, and no one has ended the Day yet, you can Bang! someone at that time. Then, you can't Bang! on Day 4 for the first 48 hours of Day 4, and so on.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Blame Gheb!
I'm not meaning to complain, lol
I was just thinking about the different strategies but it kinda makes my head hurt
im just going to assume its close enough to balanced to work out

I'll just have to remember if I roll cop i'm not clear >.>

Last edited:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
so the mafia hotbox has no ability other than carry out nightkill?

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
why tag just him

the more strangers

the better

#HBC | Nabe

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin Jojalole Jojalole Opossum Opossum Coricus Coricus Yellowlord Yellowlord vaanrose vaanrose
BarDulL BarDulL
Natz~ Natz~
@ShinyLegendary
@GoldenYuiitusin

Soothe your sore muscles on the breezy beach at Casa Mafia! Just kick back, unwind, and let the mafia come to you! Guests at this resort will find that their stay is a pleasant summer encounter, free of anger, sadness, hatred, setup speculation, and all manner of other things that life uses to drag us down. You won't get bogged down over trivial details, like explaining yourself to others. Just make use of the complimentary gun in your room! Disclaimer: not all players receive guns. Reservations are limited, so book now you won't regret it!

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
AmericanDJ AmericanDJ Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin Jojalole Jojalole Opossum Opossum Coricus Coricus vaanrose vaanrose
BarDulL BarDulL
Natz~ Natz~
@ShinyLegendary
@GoldenYuiitusin

Soothe your sore muscles on the breezy beach at Casa Mafia! Just kick back, unwind, and let the mafia come to you! Guests at this resort will find that their stay is a pleasant summer encounter, free of anger, sadness, hatred, setup speculation, and all manner of other things that life uses to drag us down. You won't get bogged down over trivial details, like explaining yourself to others. Just make use of the complimentary gun in your room! Disclaimer: not all players receive guns. Reservations are limited, so book now you won't regret it!
dude i made a post about it after mario mafia

katts taking a break from being a player, shes still burned out from it and not interested in taking anything for some more time longer
only reason i'm still in whites mafia was cause i was pumped and put my word in it earlier, and that it still won't start till much later so katt can afford

please understand katt will play when shes better off

when this does start though i'll like to watch and speculate

Last edited:

#HBC | Nabe

....why would you even tag me for this right now.
dude i made a post about it after mario mafia

katts taking a break from being a player, shes still burned out from it and not interested in taking anything for some more time longer
only reason i'm still in whites mafia was cause i was pumped and put my word in it earlier, and that it still won't start till much later so katt can afford

please understand katt will play when shes better off

when this does start though i'll like to watch and speculate
Fun, happy times!

I specifically tagged the downtrodden souls who need an excuse to just shoot somebody without obligations or accountability.

Top Bottom