• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 100 Man Smash tips?

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
I'm currently trying to get the complete 100 Man Smash in under 3 minutes challenge and it's proving impossible, and yet I've seen people do it in under 2. I'm doing this with Link because he's the only character I can successfully complete it with, and even then it's extremely difficult because if I let my guard down for even a second I get combo'd to 80%. I'm mainly getting kills with Smash attacks and aerials, and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I know it's possible, since I've gotten 3:01:78, but I just can't seem to get it and I feel like I'm missing something.

While we're talking about 100MS, is there anyway to disable the smash-attack-joystick-thingy (I don't know the name) doing air attacks if you're in the air? My last 5 runs have all ended to being suddenly combo'd before inputting a down smash and then dairing to my death.

Tips for doing this with Sonic would also be appreciated since I know I'll have to do this with him at one point as well.

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I do think you are missing something. Here is an easy strat :

Using smash attacks is too risky and unnecessary. The thing with MM smash is to find an attack that has little lag, a good coverage and kills in one hit. Then, avoid going to the ground, stand on the higher platform, or one of the side ones, and spam it

IIRC, for Link, the attack i used was up tilt. put yourself on one of the side platforms, on the edge, with your back facing the center of the stage, and start spamming up tilt. This way you should hit Miis standing on the top platform too. If a Mii lands on your platform out of range, use a side tilt. If there are no Miis around you and then hang around on the opposit platform, send a smashed boomerang

under 3-minutes is very easy that way :)

And about your question, your can set the c-stick to specials. at least it will only give you a bomb ;)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Bowser is good. D-smash can catch nearby opponents from every side, u-tilt can catch opponents overhead, his recovery is difficult to intercept if you recover below the stage and he's heavy enough to survive - by the time you're coming up to the 3-minute mark, rage just makes it even easier!

What you want to do is keep track of where the opponents spawn from and try to catch them with big hitboxes. The more you can catch with every hit, the more efficient you can be.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Many characters excel at this challenge by spamming up-tilt and/or upward aerials, just as they did in Melee and Brawl. I'm not even a Marth main and my first attempt was done in under two minutes with him just now to demonstrate.

Regardless of which character you go with, stick with quick moves, preferably ones that knock enemies upward.

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the up tilt spam tip! :D I turned tap jump off, practiced a bit with it then tried 100 Man Smash and got 2:13:83 first try, with only taking 50%. Gonna try with Sonic, will report results.

Edit: Sonic successful attempt numero uno, 3:03:28 ;=;

Edit: Sonic successful attempt numero dos, 2:29:23 :D ty

Last edited:
Top Bottom