• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100/0 MU's for the Puffball on Distant Planet

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is some tech that was tried and applied to Metaknight, but upon further inspection will probably end up being something multiple members of the cast can abuse.

The basic Idea is that the blast zone on Distant planet is slightly down from the bottom end of the stage, so with proper timing you can slip under the sides of the stage and come up through the center. Upon reaching the top of the inside you'll be phased through the floor and appear standing on the stage laglessly. Unfortunately for you Kirby mains, the implementation with Kirby is the most difficult, and results in a tricky up B through the bottom of the stage rather than a lagless land. But, if timed right, Kirby will come through the stage at the apex of the Up B and appear right above the ground at the top of the upward slash.

I'll try to record a video, but for now I'll give instructions the to tech.
Firstly, it uses all your jumps so it'll only be good as a recovery mixup off of falling off the ledge or being spiked at early percents.
You start by falling until you're a little ways out of screen. Then use your first jump to go under the bottom of the wall you're hugging. The timing is tight and as far as I've tested there's no helping that. You just have to have muscle memory and know how. Luckily, the first step is the only difficult part as from inside the stage you simply use all your jumps (well spaced for the best distance off of all of them) and Up B after your last jump.

From testing I've found you can mixup the distances you'll popup from inside the stage, varrying from half the distance of normal Up B, to right above the ground. I hope this helps this character, and I apologize for this being so difficult, but with practice and time, this'll be a good recovery mixup!

Edit: Good news! If properly timed you can Up B so that Kirby appears standing on the stage, doing the slash wave from the end of up B!
The timing for this is a bit easier, as it's simply, one jump to slip under the ledge, another 3 for distance, and then immediate Up B.

Last edited:

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
Dang, I wonder how many other stages you can implement on. I'm going to have to try this for myself. Good experimentation and find man.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I just tried to do something similar on all the stages on the first page, and Distant Planet is the only one that you can pass under that has walls.

GeZ

Smash Lord
So, unfortunately, this was found, deemed bad design and fixed, so as of the next patch this will be gone. Oh well :p

GeZ

Smash Lord
I know but there's more to be found, and with the removal of this bug we'll get a whole new edition of P:M, with costumes and game modes galore. I think that's a fair trade.

Top Bottom