• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100/0 in Jiggs Favor on Distant Planet

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is some tech that was tried and applied to Metaknight, but upon further inspection will probably end up being something multiple members of the cast can abuse.

The basic Idea is that the blast zone on Distant planet is slightly down from the bottom end of the stage, so with proper timing you can slip under the sides of the stage and come up through the center. Upon reaching the top of the inside you'll be phased through the floor and appear standing on the stage laglessly.

To start, this is pretty difficult as a tech at all, and harder for Jiggs than for MK, simply because his use of this tech involves glide to get him enough lift to shoot right through the middle. Jigglypuff has it a lot worse.

I'll try to record a video, but for now I'll give instructions the to tech.
Firstly, it uses all your jumps so it'll only be good as a recovery mixup off of falling off the ledge or being spiked at early percents.
You start by falling until you're a little ways out of screen. Then side Pound under the lip of the wall you're hugging. I've performed this with un-angled Pound to slip under, but you could probably do Up angled Pound to give yourself a little wiggle room during the ascension. Once you're under you alternate between jumps and Up angled Pound's. The timing is tight and it will take all of your jumps and Up angled Pound's to get right under the bottom of the stage. After your last jump and pound, simply airdodge upwards to appear on the stage.

From trying this a few times Jigglypuff has sometimes appeared laglessly standing, and other times dodged through the bottom and has had to float to the ground in the usual fashion. I think the distinction between these is the timing and spacing of the airdodge, as having the airdodge end near the top of the inside of the stage seems to get you the lagless stand on the stage.

I think this tech is handy just for its use as a fully safe mixup for recovery. Hope you guys can put it to good use.

Top Bottom