• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe 10 Favorite/Least courses in MK8

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
What are your ten top Favorite courses and Least Favorites on Mario Kart 8, including DLC courses? I've playing been MK8 lately and been having fun on my favorite courses on 200cc. Even though its hard to break sometimes to maintain speed and have more at the same time, its still fun. Also, it causes me to cut back on top speed as well with my favorite racers such as Luigi, Mario, Tanooki Mario, and Rosalina. The game is getting interesting so far with 200cc along with the DCL characters and courses so I might play alittle more if I get bored of Super Smash Bros Wii u.

My for example and they will be from top to bottom for both of them:
My favorites:
  1. Cloudtop Cruise: The sky, the music, shortcut, and the
  2. Sunshine Airport: Love the music, the background, all of it Xd
  3. Mute City: Interesting course and how different it is in my opinion. I wish Captain Falcon is a DLC character for MK8.
  4. Mount Wario: Its good to slide down to the finish lish like you're skating down from the top of the mountain.
  5. Rainbow Road (SNES): The background is nice, as so as the course which is better than the original version in my opinion.
  6. Big Blue: The water slide to the finish line is pretty good on my book.
  7. Excitebike Arena : The ramps gives you all of the speed that you need and its a easy course, too.
  8. Toad Harbor: The music and the ramps are enjoyable for me to be in this course.
  9. Mario Circuit (MK8) : Music, background, and the track are pretty good for me to race on.
  10. Super Bell Subway : Track and
My Least favorites and I'm going to have to name 5 because I only dislike a few courses.
  1. Neo Bowser City : Stupid sharp turns and its very difficult to maintain speed which makes stars, and mushrooms almost useless in my book. Once you pick this on 200cc, it turns into h*** for you.
  2. Dragon Driftway : The sharp turns and it gets worse on 200cc.
  3. Wario's Gold Mine : I don't like the course on both versions. Mostly because I get screwed over by the computers.
  4. Rainbow Road (MK8) : I like the music and think the course is ok, but the sharp turns are a pain for me, sometimes.
  5. Piranha Plant Slide : The course is ok, but aside with bad luck by the CPUs, I don't know what to say about this one so its on the list, anyway.
You don't have to put all of the courses on your top ten list like I did on my least favs, but it has to be ten courses and can't be anymore than that. Also, feel free to express on why you like the course or dislike it if you want. Have fun.

Last edited:
F

FennerGuy1992

My top 5 favorite courses (keeping it short and simple)
5. Dragon Driftway - the only course in the top 10 that you can't firehop haha
4. Excitebike Arena - firehopping madness
3. Royal Raceway (N64)
2. Mario Kart Stadium - they really did a good job on this
1. Mario Circuit (GBA) - lots of firehopping practice, like #2 through 4

Honorable mentions: Animal Crossing course, GCN Baby Park, Sweet Sweet Canyon, Big Blue and Mute City

My top 5 least favorite courses
5. Dolphin Shoals - okay course, but crappy music
4. Wario Stadium (DS)
3. Hyrule Circuit - sorry Zelda fans

2. GBA Cheese Land (worst retro course ever) - it's good for 150cc, but it's a nightmare for 200cc. They ruined the course from Super Circuit!!!
1. Cloudtop Cruise - hated it...period

Dishonorable mentions: only one...Neo Bowser City (3DS)

Shog

Smash Ace
Top 5:
Toad Harbor - I think this is my favorite Mario Kart track of all time
Ice Ice Post - I simply like the music and the theme
Royal Raceway - My fav N64 stage, in gorgeous graphics
Neo Bowser City - Very difficult I like it
Rainbow Roads - all of them

Least favourite: Ghost Track Thing
unmemorable, that boring water section. I realy dislike this course. But this is the ONLY course I dislike, so...

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
Favorite:
10. Animal Crossing
9. Hyrule Circuit
8. Bowser's Castle
7. GBA Ribbon Road
6. Thwomp Ruins
5. 64 Yoshi Valley
4. Mount Wario
3. Dragon Driftway
2. 64 Rainbow Road
1. BIG BLUE
Least favorite:
10. Neo Bowser City
9. Neo Bowser City
8. Neo Bowser City
7. Super Bell Subway
6. Neo Bowser City
5. Neo Bowser City
4. Neo Bowser City
3. Neo Bowser City
2. Neo Bowser City
1. Neo Bowser City
I really don't like Neo Bowser City

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Favorite:

1. Animal Crossing
2. Mute City
3. Thwomp Ruins
4. Tick-Tock Clock
5. Wild Woods
6. Big Blue
7. Sunshine Airport
8. Dolphin Shoals
9. Water Park
10. Toad Harbor

Least Favorite:

1. Bone-Dry Dunes
2. Rainbow Road
3. Dry Dry Desert
4. Donut Plains 3
5. Cheep Cheep Beach
6. Rainbow Road (SNES)

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
My favorite courses in Mario Kart 8 (in no particular order):
  1. Baby Park (GCN): It's super simple, but also super chaotic. Also, Baby Luigi is the character I play the most, so I feel sort of obligated to like this stage, heh.
  2. Ribbon Road (GBA): I really like the toy aesthetic. I'm a sucker for stuff like that in games (e.g., Shy Guy's Toy Box in Paper Mario).
  3. Mute City: It's fast, has a bunch of F-Zero references, and I can drive through it as Baby Luigi in a mini Blue Falcon.
  4. Animal Crossing: I'm a fan of the Animal Crossing/Mario Kart crossover and I feel like this stage captures the feel of Animal Crossing well while still being an interesting Mario Kart stage.
  5. Cloudtop Cruise: Has a new Gutsy Garden Galaxy remix, an airship part, and a cloud part that reminds me of Sky Garden, which is neat.
  6. Sweet Sweet Canyon: I'm also a sucker for Candyland levels in games.
  7. Tick-Tock Clock (DS): I thought this was a cool idea for a course when it first appeared because Tick-Tock Clock itself is one of the more unique Mario 64 levels. I played Mario Kart DS a lot back in the day, so I'm pretty fond of the tracks in that game like this one.
  8. Royal Raceway (N64): I think this track benefited a lot from being remade in HD. All of the details added to it, like the Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina air balloons, cherry blossom trees, and swan boats make it feel a lot more royal than it did before (if that makes any sense).
  9. Excitebike Arena: the constant jumps are just fun. I'm really glad that being able to do tricks off jumps has become a recurring feature in the Mario Kart series.
  10. Water Park: I don't really know why I like this one. It might be because of theme park feel of it and the subs you can get an anti-gravity boost from.
I guess these next 5 are my least favorites, but that doesn't mean I don't think they have their merits. They're just not ones I prefer as much as the other ones. Feel free to disagree if you'd like.
  1. Rainbow Road (N64): I understand the decision to change this to a three part course given how long the N64 version of this stage was, but 8's version of this course is a bit too short for my liking. It doesn't seem to have much of a margin for error, especially on the higher speeds.
  2. Cheese Land (GBA): I don't really dislike anything in particular about this stage, it just doesn't seem to me to have a lot going on. I enjoy the cheese theme though, it's pretty silly.
  3. Rainbow Road (SNES): I think this is a solid course. I'm just not sure why it was picked to come back twice.
  4. Grumble Volcano (Wii): I'm just bad at this one still, haha.
  5. Twisted Mansion: I have trouble with this course too. I'm also not really sure what the point of the glider part is.

Last edited:
F

FennerGuy1992

Least favourite: Ghost Track Thing
unmemorable, that boring water section. I realy dislike this course. But this is the ONLY course I dislike, so...
Twisted Mansion ;)

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Top 7 (no order)
Shy Guy Falls
Big Blue
Electrodrome
Rainbow Road 64
Neo Bowser City
Sunshine Airport
Grumble Volcano

Bottom 5 (no order)
GBA Mario Circuit
Donut Plains
Bone Dry Dunes
Music Park
Super Bell Subway

Unlike previous Mario Kart games tho, I like every track. Even though I hated Grumble Volcano and Wario Gold Mine in Wii, they were made much better here IMO.

F

FennerGuy1992

I wanna race you
Bottom 5 (no order)
GBA Mario Circuit
Donut Plains
Bone Dry Dunes
Music Park
Super Bell Subway
You have my all-time favorite Super Circuit course on your bottom list haha. I wanna race you on that course!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
My top 20 most favorite (no order except for the top 3):
  1. Mount Wario
  2. N64 Rainbow Road
  3. Big Blue
  4. GBA Ribbon Road
  5. 3DS Music Park
  6. Dolphin Shoals
  7. Electrodrome
  8. Bowser's Castle
  9. Cloudtop Cruise
  10. Shy Guy Falls
Honorable Mention: Everything but the bottom 10 (see below)

Top 10 least favorite (no order except for number 1, which is the only track I don't like out of them all):
  1. SNES Donut Plains 3
  2. Toad Harbor
  3. Ice Ice Outpost
  4. GBA Mario Circuit
  5. DS Cheep Cheep Beach
  6. GBA Cheese Land
  7. Excitebike Stadium
  8. Dry-Bone Ruins
  9. GCN Yoshi Circuit
  10. Animal Crossing (Spring and Summer only)

Last edited:
Top Bottom