• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/20 C3 Presents : a Tourney in October Results

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Singles - 57 Entrants, 8 pools of 7, top 2 advance to Double-Elim Bracket of 16.

1. M2k
2. Chillin
3. Pc
4. Chu
5. Azen
5. Chinessah
7. G-reg
7. Plank
9. Eggm
9. Aho
9. Cactuar
9. KM
13. Swiftbass
13. Velocity
13. Fonz
13. Kirbstir

Teams - 23 Teams, one double elim bracket.
1. Azen + Chu (Chazen)
2. PC + M2K (PC2K)
3. KM + Chillindude829 (KMDude-013829)
4. g-regulate + Kirbstir (Kirbulate)
5. Aho + Fonz (Team Nasty)
5. Eggm + Cactuar (Cactueggm)
7. Vist + Meep (Me-ist)
7. Plank + CK (ChaosPlank)

Thats all i can remember as of this moment, feel free to add and ill fix it.

Vist

Smash Champion
here's some expanded doubles results so i can randomly include myself lol

1. Azen + Chu (Chazen)
2. PC + M2K (PC2K)
3. KM + Chillindude829 (KMDude-013829)
4. g-regulate + Kirbstir (Kirbulate)
5. Aho + Fonz (Team Nasty)
5. Eggm + Cactuar
7. Vist + Meep
7. Plank + CK

nah but seriously, I might throw out some shout-outs later. I am pretty lazy tho..

Sliq

Smash Master
Did the top 3 actually play it out this time or did they succumb to John-givitis.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah, the top 3 split, but played it out pretty seriously from what I saw, I believe m2k 3-0ed chillin in grand finals.

I had fun. Good tourney, thanks for delaying it for us since we got a late start.

Aho - good friendlies
Plaink - Stalling on the ledge for 3 minutes and coming on every 30 seconds to throw needles than run back on the edge that was gay nice tatic? >.> Also good job making cactuar play directly after he went to eat, nice job on 7th.. If you consider those both wins. :p
Vist - Nice job beating chillin in pools howed you do it? :) Luigi's too good.
Chillin - Play fox against me next time please. :)
Chinesaw - Wow you fox is wayy too fast, I need to practice against you more.

Eh, thats it for now.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think there was some weird kind of way they had the money split up, but everyone played for realsies. chillin vs PC was a good set, however, chillin vs m2k was not lol. next time M2K, im gonna beat you myself!

Sliq

Smash Master
It still is sort of lame that they split, but at least they played out their matches.

JFox

Smash Hero
I find nothing lame with pot splitting. I just wish people would play out matches for real every time. Which they did, so good ****.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Plaink - Stalling on the ledge for 3 minutes and coming on every 30 seconds to throw needles than run back on the edge that was gay nice tatic? >.> Also good job making cactuar play directly after he went to eat, nice job on 7th.. If you consider those both wins. :p

Chillin - Play fox against me next time please. :)
the johns... they're overwhelming

aho43

Smash Lord
Shoutout:

fonz - lets go all double jiggs next tourney, no joke. or ness samus.
g-reg - good **** beating pc, even more impressive that you beat me. sike. good ****.
kirbstir - $$ bags
chillin - so i hear you did something like this, took KM's life, killed him, then SDed. lol.
km - we always have epic sets
mega - MEGA!
meep - always death-pooled -_-
travis - best in MD at the moment probably, good sheezy.
plank - whats up, i never went to your apartment :(
PC chris - too good, and long hair is cool
cactaur - sorry if having to play right after you ate messed you up. time constraints and stuff, hope you understand.
eggm - nice friendlies indeed.
kaiser - kaiiissser
m2k - you need to shave.
hova - you must learn to play samus to accompany your lil boy. laser spam doesn't work fyi. you did good vs me in pools, good ****.
azen - md/va is better w/ azen at tourneys
chudat - whats up
swiftbass - when i saw your registration thing i totally thought you were the bass/treble from NE that plays samus. good set in tourney, you shoulda had me first match.
cumt - i always said your name as C - U - M - T, cuz i didn't want to say ***-t out loud. sounds alot like **** too. good ****. cornell's a good school, wahts your major? how long are you in DC for, if you read this at all.
vist - good **** taking a set from chillin, you'll never quit. nobody does.
omni - cowboys suck
scar - good matches in pools, you coulda had me. you have a very smart + quick falcon. you have like 2-3 mistakes every match that cost you a few easy KOs. fix those up and youll be ****. fyi you remind me of a hipper bach that is good at melee. no offense @ bach. lawl.
velocity - fun matches, glad all you guys keep coming down for these things.
repryx - didn't get to ra..play you.
perry - whats up perrry
zm2004 - your mario gets nicer all the time, and gayer.
hat - marth is a poor 2ndary for sheik players imo. space animals it up.
frozen - i associate you with hat, so your shoutout goes here. word.
dosv - whats up
tak$ - i saw you, whats up
thesage - for some reason i thought you were a black guy who played marth. boy was i wrong.
i know i missed people - whats up

--Other stuff--
Next one nov 10, me prob not gonna do that one. Read on for info about pools results.

once top 2 seeds in pools were clearly decided, i.e. somebody beat everyone, somebody beat everyone but that first person, i went ahead and started adding people to the brackets. 1 and 2 seeds emerged before all the pools were neessarily finished. So I didn't add in all the pools results. This was for expediency. If you think thats unpleasant, i'd tend to agree, but there were time constraints, and the reality of it was, if you you weren't top 2 you weren't going to make it out, and the rest of the matches didn't matter as far as the bracket was concerned. I filled in as much pool data as I could.

Another thing in some of the pools was that once the 1 and 2s were clear cut, a few of the people in the pool decided it wasn't important to finish their matches. So thats my way of saying, i don't have all the pools results. if you didn't make it out of pools, the competition level was really high, and there was one death pool -_-, which was my fault. but there was going to be one or two no matter what because some of the 3 seeds were just really good, but unfortunately meep always gets stuck in a death pool.

One thing that was brought up was that if people were tied in sets won and lost what the tiebreaker should be. My personal opinion is that the first tiebreaker should be head to head, followed by winning percentage, i.e. total matches won / total matches played. Other people thought it should be vice versa. Another *shrug* to that. I'll think about it, but heads up makes more sense to me. If you lost to someone you shouldn't be able to place ahead of them.

The next one is november 10th. I think thats the same date as VLCS, but I won't be hosting that one, i may be in attendance, and if i am, i'll definitely help out whoever is spearheading the whole thing. i just don't have the sort of schedule anymore where i can lock myself in on a saturday for melee tourneys weeks in advance.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Shout-outs...(even though this is mysteriously Spam)

Shinku-I Told you that Id never let you 4 stock me again...and you didnt lolz Thnx 4 the Ride!!!

Thesage- Ness on Jungle Japes WTF? lolz PK THUNDER

Taki-I Was in your pool and your fox hurt my feelings...I wil have revenge

GodismyRock-Same as Taki only for you G&W

Kaiser-Dont get Drunk @ a Tourney full of poor black people lolz Im gonna beat you 1 day just dont hurt my ego when I let it get big lolz

ChuDat-I didnt play you but...I couldnt help but notice the buttons on your shirt becoming undone 1 by 1 every HR or so...hmmm...

Frozen-I FINALLY got to play you...Sinc me winning was a fluke we will MM again to determine that.

CK-You were my Trainer of the day Those Falco Dittos were fun...You made me mad in the second set lolz (PWN't your Mewtwo lolz)
BTW CK If you are the Itachi of Smash then Im the Gohan....Making it Natural Talent vs. Untapped Potential....hmmm

EE-Did your eally not wanna MM after my match? cuz whether I 4got or not...we didnt MM....Fun Falco Ditto though...REVENGE *****

Btree-Keepin the black man down...I had fun singin that duet w/ you...EE wanted to be a bum and not make the 3 Negros.
BTW How did you say you averaged 300 lasers a set...then you said 400 a stock...Confused much? lolz

DosV-Your fox's dancing is equivilant to Michael Jackson in his prime lolz You are too good...I had wonderful/close matches with you...Its a priority to beat you next time so be on guard...

Chinesah-Dont ever Scare me like that for a MM again...I had fun though.

DK SMASH-OMG Dude One of my funnest matches of the night SO CLOSE DOWN TO THE LAST SET! I had you this time lets both get better and make our next match 2wice as good

PC Chris-My Hero...In my Pool PWNed me but still...My Hero!

G-Reg-Repryx isnt as terrible as you thought he was now is he? (Still Terrible though)

Hat-Did I disprove your theory of me getting better? If so Sorry Dude...Im buying you a Hat to make up...You look good in (Who was it) Fobs hat?

Perry-It feels wierd giving a shoutout to some1 of the same name but...$5 MM next time?

Hova-....You still beat me...Dont worry about it...Ill close the gap in skill between us a little bit more next time.

Slik-You guys are training the $#!+ outta my Falco lolz Cuz of my Slik Training I went SSJ on a peach counter pick in my pool lolz.

Aho-Rapist

Anyone who said I Play like KC Cloud-Stop it lolz

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
bout time result thread was made even tho its basically what velocity said.

@velcoity good **** making it out of pools with me
@eggm yeah tunes are too good
@Plank having only eaten once that day, that chicken was delectable (nom nom nom)
@KM u have an aura of awesomenes
@shinku ur sig is still beast
@Chillin way to be f**kin clutch in that set with Chu....i need to Space Jam your powers
@M2K yo wtf i had a two stock lead in that pools match and i had that big lead and immediately thought about the planets aligning and armagedon happening...."omg i may beat M2k on a neutral?" then u turned on the gay >_>. thx for saving the world from disaster
@PC better luck next time ur still the man tho. glad to have met and chatted with u again.
@Chinesah dayum the more i see u the more im impressed, that set with cactus was sick and probly one of my favs
@Scar stop tech chasing me so well
@manager guy thx for soda and letting me sleep @ ur place
@five guys thx for showing the world ur tasty
@my guys good **** on the trip there and back jokes for days
@velocity wtf tellin everyone in their mother that u 5 stocked me in starfox!!!!!!! DAYUM
@Greg, oh man quintuple moonwalkin. that **** is nasty
@aho ok thats twice. im 0-2 3rd times the charm.
@kaiser thx for all of them friendlies too bad ppl kept walking behind our chairs in the pools set.
@Ryu boards > gamefaqs
@blues we are brothers bound by megaman 3. nice chillin with you friday

-Azen still beast in teams
-I has a bucket of chicken
-the scrubs from MD/VA are way better than the scrubs from PA
-this was one of my fav tourneys because it felt like an MLG (minus ken). It felt pretty nice to actually make the bracket this time around.
-for falcos........ if it aint a tune its done.
-I has a pikachu and a bass(below)

D20

Smash Lord
I will definately be back for future events... C3 is super-de-duper.

- Taki : Quit losing to n00bs like G-reg and Pc... geez.
- SwiftBass : You made it out of pools... High fives!
- DK_Smash : Way to represent the low tiers with me.
- Frozen : Did I really pick PokeFloats against you?
- Velocity : We need to play some StarFox 64.
- Aho : Thanks for organizing this tourney.
- Fonz : Young Link dittos are pretty ok, but I want your Peach next time.
- 9Volt : Final Destination?
- xyt : Bathroom?
- Blues : You were basically the coolest kid there. Don't tell anyone I said that.
- Everyone else : Sorry I didn't play you.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Dang.. I wish I was there. I've never played PC and the last time I played Chillin was in February. Overall some nice competition I see.

Velocity

Smash Lord
shoutouts
First I'd like to let everyone know that my amazing controller is now named Kiwii for obvious reasons, thanks to cactuar
@swift: i also make sure to tell everyone that your 1 player scores are way better then mine and that your one of the better people i played but yeah i did 5 stocked you in sf64
@TA fun friendlies with everyone I mean everyone i'll keep coming back its hard to find good venues and this is definetly the best
**** a shoutout for ta covers pretty much everyone

Eggm

Smash Hero
@eggm yeah tunes are too good
@KM u have an aura of awesomenes
@Chillin way to be f**kin clutch in that set with Chu....i need to Space Jam your powers
@Chinesah dayum the more i see u the more im impressed, that set with cactus was sick and probly one of my favs
@Scar stop tech chasing me so well
-the scrubs from MD/VA are way better than the scrubs from PA
-this was one of my fav tourneys because it felt like an MLG (minus ken). It felt pretty nice to actually make the bracket this time around.
-for falcos........ if it aint a tune its done.
-I has a pikachu and a bass(below)
For the stuff I left in his shout outs all I have to say is, Indeed.

Scar

#HarveyDent
scar - good matches in pools, you coulda had me. you have a very smart + quick falcon. you have like 2-3 mistakes every match that cost you a few easy KOs. fix those up and youll be ****. fyi you remind me of a hipper bach that is good at melee. no offense @ bach. lawl.
lol I'm too new. I get nervous vs. good players in tourney and generally perform much worse than I'm capable of. I controlled them pretty well vs you though so idk if I can play much better than that. I had a lot of fun playing vs. you though, I was tempted to MM you after.

LOL @ calling me Bach. Yes, he and I are remarkably alike. And nearly every time I'm compared to him, it's favorably, no offense to him.

Sliq

Smash Master
we played it for real 1st got 40% while 2nd/3rd/4th got each 20%

edit - I'm not saying any more than that but that's how it turned out to be

edit 2 - Azen is ridiculously amazing
I guess I'll have to take your word for it then, seeing as there isn't any other way to confirm it.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
cactaur - sorry if having to play right after you ate messed you up. time constraints and stuff, hope you understand.
I make no johns about this. It's my fault for leaving to eat and going back to play cold. It's a little frustrating to have to play and not be able to do things, but I don't blame anyone other than myself.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
Forgive me if these are incredibly short.

First, thanks to C3 for hosting this awesome event.
Thanks also to Aho, for organizing it. I am sorry to hear that this is your last one.
@Rob-Thanks a whole lot for driving! Thanks also for those Marth dittos.
@Swift-Gratz on making it out of pools, good ****. I would never challenge you 1v1, fox only, Final Destination.
@Taki-Is it taki, like walkietalkie? GGs n stuff.
@Sheik Sheik-Was cool hangin out with you. GGs.
@M2K-Good ****.
@Azen-Too good.

And this is where my memory starts to fade. I lost because I lack skill, but the memory loss was due to being tired.

@Kaiser-I lost to your fox both times, I think, but I don't remember how badly. GG
@Meep-I lost to your Falco, once, and someone else? GG
@Shinku-My memory is GONE on this one. I'm pretty sure I lost. But I dont remember who I picked, who you picked, where we played. Nothing. GG?

I am aware that there were multiple rob's here.

@Rob/Blues-You're friggin sweet. GGs I learned that Peach counters ICs from you.
@The Rob that was in my pool, wearing a white shirt. (WTF is ur name on the boards)-I will beat you next time we play. Count on it.

@Everyone I missed on here that I played-GGs
@Everyone I missed on here that I didnt get a chance to play-I'll get to u next time.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
shoutouts
First I'd like to let everyone know that my amazing controller is now named Kiwii for obvious reasons, thanks to cactuar
:ohwell:

i was gonna do shoutouts but now i'm too lazy so good **** to everyone i got to play. and slikvik, i like your peach a lot more when it forgets how to be gay and just runs into everything.

Fonz

Smash Ace
I make no johns about this. It's my fault for leaving to eat and going back to play cold. It's a little frustrating to have to play and not be able to do things, but I don't blame anyone other than myself.
American Psycho was a great movie. So many funny (disturbing?) scenes. You should add an animated gif of him throwing a chainsaw down a stairwell.

/shoutouts

Top Bottom