• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
thieves suck balls. glad I didn't bring anything, cuz going to jail for murder would blow. How high did Rochester place in melee singles?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Melee went on way too long because people were leaving and not playing their matches. We pretty much got kicked out because people decided to play friendlies instead of doing their tournament matches.

A lot of stuff was stolen: copies of Brawl, and Wiis.

I think if the TOs cracked down a bit more on people playing friendlies, the tournament could have been run a lot smoother, but at the same time I think they did a brilliant job running the tournament with the venue change and whatnot

For me, it was one of the best tournaments I've been to, but only because I didn't really play brawl.

EDIT: I think Goggles is good. He was going nearly even with N64 in brackets. That's not something that happens when someone is bad...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
OH YOU MADD MANA?

All I did after teams was praise how amazing neils two-on one-skills were. its not like im taking credit here...

but what i do remember was triple stomping THE MESS outta some fox on rainbow, I dont remember who was playing fox that round but it was effing glorious.

and now im sad, cus after that match I actually did want to play you, cus i felt like I could have put up some kind of fight this time around.

@Tsai.
it gets really tiresome to have to go around every 20 minutes to make sure every match being played was tournament, especially when people always want more friendlies or "after this round" so you walk away and find them still playing 15 min later. but ur right we need to crack down on people hard. after the 100th time of saying, hey you need to go play your match" i kinda just dont want to say it anymore.

speaking of which, big ups to roman, he would hop off of a friendly game faster than anyone ive ever seen in my life lol.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
2 things. Number one, to everyone reading this: No matter how much he talks at tournaments or how much he posts on Smashboards, do NOT look to Da Kid as any sort of representation of WNY. He's the farthest thing from it.

Number 2, I'll wait for the full results thread but this was EASILY my FAVORITE tournament in the area in forever. All of the NJ guys are so effing cool, mad hype and trash talk. Honestly, new love for the NJ smashers and they definitely inspired me to get back into Brawl. You guys are awesome.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
Ya I left early cuz I was waiting to play my third round match for over an hour. I needed another match to happen before I knew who I was gonna play and that match just wasn't happening. so by 6 I just said screw it, I was needed elsewhere. I think Bry did a great job handling the loss of the first venue but the tourney was bad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why is everyone so mad at me? its not like i said bry/cura/sharky(thanks for helping) is a horrible person for what happened, im just saying stuff didnt work out the best way it could have.

i dont know how people can disagree with me and/or be mad at me about that...

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Stuff was stolen at this tourney? Wow, people are getting desperate these days. I know it was crowded and all, but if you bring a setup, keep an eye on it at all times. Especially when people are leaving.

But this tourney brought some bad reputation of NY Tourneys. I'm hoping SS3 will be completely better. Clearly the house was too old to handle all of that power. It was pretty good of getting a back-up venue so quickly. It was crazy, but things still got done.... Oh yeah, and I'm thinking Brawl should go before Melee from now on. :/

Foy

Smash Champion
Shoutouts

Worst ****ing tournament ever. Came all the way from Canada for utter ****. Waste of time, waste of money, waste of a weekend. Don't expect my car to come back.
All of the NJ guys are so effing cool, mad hype and trash talk. Honestly, new love for the NJ smashers and they definitely inspired me to get back into Brawl. You guys are awesome.
Nah these guys were ***s.

But fo real. These kids a legit, i think it was DMBrandon that i played melee with against his falcon. Good ****, ill be picking up brawl soon to beat you kids down.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wtf how was the tourney bad? We had to switch venues? WAHHHHHHHHH let's cry about it. We had a sick turnout for both games, people came from NJ, Massachusetts, all over CNY, CANADA for chrissakes. We got to play with people this region never gets to play with, he switched houses for us when the power went out which was amazing. There was mad hype, we as a community got to see each other all again and play a ****ton. Yeah the power went out and that kind of sucks. Overall though, it was a minor delay which led us to an even better venue. And I'm inspired to play Brawl again.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm the kind of person that can have fun doing anything no matter where it is, as long as I'm with cool people for a good cause. And that's exactly what this was.

Kantō

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys, I really am. You all have no idea how bad I feel and how hectic yesterday was. I did what I could and tried my best with what i had to work with .Ss3 will be much better. I hope u all forgive me and show up to my next tourney...

TheHulk

Smash Apprentice
u serious jesiah? i have no 1 really good except the fews to mention to practice with for brawl in rochester whereby i had mad practices back in NYC last year. it'd be awesome if u come back to brawl competitively hit me up if u wanna practice i want a smashfest b4 the NJ tournament.

Foy

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys, I really am. You all have no idea how bad I feel and how hectic yesterday was. I did what I could and tried my best with what i had to work with .Ss3 will be much better. I hope u all forgive me and show up to my next tourney...
Dude you took the best you could out of the situation and made it a tournament. Mad respect for you man for hosting this and getting it to some house. I actualy enjoyed the tournament. Hella people everywhere and so much going on. Props to everyone that i met/played soo good.

cornxnuts

Smash Apprentice
SUNY Binghamton / Suffolk County, New York
Stolen wii's/brawl ... **** >.<

I suppose **** was a little hectic, but mad props to the TO's for last minute venue change. It was crowded as **** but it's better than nothing. I guess ill shoutout @ results thread.

But just a word of advice for next time, if you can do an event through a university, definitely try it. I don't know what Syracuse U is like, but in Binghamton University, a student group can request a room or several rooms to hold an event. I don't even think they charge money to use it, as long as you plan it in advance. So its pretty much a nice venue with decent/multiple rooms, at least one projector in every room, no (or miniscule?) venue fee, multiple bathrooms, nearby food (Like 20 places within 5 minutes), etc etc. If anything, I'll try and coordinate with one of the student groups to hold an event if anyone is interested.

But overall that was mad fun.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. venue 1 was uber cold and it was impossible to see anything.
2. power went out, and around the time that the tournament was scheduled to start, people were standing around, clueless because we had no idea whether there was still going to be a tourney or not.
3. venue 2 was bry's gf's sisters house, we didnt call her ahead of time to set anything up, we just said "hey, can we throw 40 people in your house? great! well be there in 15 minutes." Im sorry, but I felt horrible that whole day that we had people just invading her private living space. her own home wasnt ever hers for a day, and the fact that that she didnt even know that was going to happen the before the day started, does not sit well with me, im not ok with that. I just hop that with all the people and venue fee, she got like at least 150 bucks out of the deal.
4. People got lost going to venue 1 AND venue 2.
5. Melee took so long that people like bcb, and darem couldnt even start the tourney for the game that they showed up for. and people like soma had to leave after two rounds.
6. PEOPLE GOT THEIR STUFF STOLEN, HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF ELECTRONICS WERE LOST TO SCUMMY PEOPLE.
7. some people got to play friendlies with people all day, but some people ended up just sitting around all day, and then had to leave early.

theres more but I dont want to be all negative. but the majority of things in the above list were unforseeable and uncontrollable.

Unknown is madd funny and i love that dude.
I got to have some really cool talks with raynex
roman is funny as hell.
skye is the most technical fox ive ever personally played, except for maybe raynex.
KK is amazing and theres no other possible way to describe him.

I enjoyed myself and had a lot of fun personally, but when i look at the experiences of every one else that was a part of the event i feel like it sucked.

it sucked because we invaded some chicks house,
it sucked because people didnt get to play as much as they wanted
it sucked because leet-zero who is a very good friend of mine got stuff stolen from him, and it almost makes me want to cry, because hes so cool, he would never ever deserve that. everything that wasnt in our control worked against us, but everything that we could control we made the best of.

to the people that enjoyed themselves, im happy for you, i did too, but for the people that didnt, which is probably a good number for a number of reasons, i feel terrible and it shouldnt have gone down that way.

Kantō

Smash Champion
im working on booking a large, GOOD venue today, sending out emails, and making phone calls in such. have to do this well in advance. im shooting for May for ss3.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Leet-zero got his stuff stolen?

I feel like smacking the guy whoever took his setup with a wrecking ball. You're a really nice dude and no way should that have happened to you.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
1337-zero: I am so sorry your stuff got stolen. If there was anything I could do, I would do it. Unfortunately, I have no money. But, at the very least, if at any time you want to practice, you can come over my house.

Roman.

Smash Champion
@Tsai.
it gets really tiresome to have to go around every 20 minutes to make sure every match being played was tournament, especially when people always want more friendlies or "after this round" so you walk away and find them still playing 15 min later. but ur right we need to crack down on people hard. after the 100th time of saying, hey you need to go play your match" i kinda just dont want to say it anymore.

speaking of which, big ups to roman, he would hop off of a friendly game faster than anyone ive ever seen in my life lol.
lol, it's cause i'm like a perfect human being... you know?

Kantō

Smash Champion
yo havent played smash in forever but hope to get back into it
maybe nother tourney in buff not sure>
get tourneys going back in buff man im telling you more and more people are showing up to tourneys and the communtiy is getting huge. you know you can always ask for help.

if you want to discuss this furthur though lets do it in the NY state PR thread cuz this thread is dead now.:chuckle:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255695

Top Bottom