• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

Kantō

Smash Champion
it all good sharky, well figure somthing out.

thats right, 3 syracuse players in top 10 at Roc. yesterday. would have been 4 if i went, ugh work sux.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Well, I know CBC wants to go like... a lot... Naturally Cross is also included in the list. ^^; (sorry about before CBC, I didn't notice your post) I talked Keyo into it, and Myst if he's not working. Blaze is really iffy though. Now, we need someone who can drive....

We need either multiple cars or a big a$$ van or something. It all depends. How much I want to go, I would help chip in on a rental car if necessary. We just need someone who knows how to drive, and how to get there. ^^;

Kantō

Smash Champion
we have 2 months for this to get more hyped. wheres the hype people?!

ALSO TOURNEY IN ONEIDA, 30 MIN. AWAY FROM THE CUSE, PDIDDY WILL BE HOLDING A TOURNEY ON 11/21 !!!
GET SOME PRACTICE IN FOR SYRACUSE SMASH 2 !!!

Kantō

Smash Champion
Everyone do there part and spread the word as much as possible to make this huge. With this much time in advance , it shouldnt be hard. last tourney's turnout was acceptable, but i want this one to blow it out of the water guys!

altairian

Smash Lord
we have 2 months for this to get more hyped. wheres the hype people?!

ALSO TOURNEY IN ONEIDA, 30 MIN. AWAY FROM THE CUSE, PDIDDY WILL BE HOLDING A TOURNEY ON 11/21 !!!
GET SOME PRACTICE IN FOR SYRACUSE SMASH 2 !!!
nice! Although I'll probably have to show up late to that one too =(
I have the 14th off, you guys should have a smashfest that day imo! ;)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
people have to find people in their hometowns and bring them with them and get them into smash

there are smashers everywhere who ahve the capacity to come to this stuff, if you live in a place where you don't think there are any smashers... look harder. seriously. i used to look soooooooo hard.

Kantō

Smash Champion
ive actually met a lot of players in my area though this site alone. we need to reach the people that dont know about this website, or other smash sites.

altairian

Smash Lord
ive actually met a lot of players in my area though this site alone. we need to reach the people that dont know about this website, or other smash sites.
That's the hard part. I know there are players in my area, but they don't come to swf so it's hard to find them.

Kantō

Smash Champion
high schools, gamestores/comic book shops, and college's are good places to find smashers.
ill be promoting the tourney in these local areas, and hopefully others will as well

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I actually ran into a player at my school, I was randomly talking about Brawl, and it turns out he plays. Who knew? *shrugs* I doubt I'd find anymore that easily, though...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Check local gaming clubs/ anime clubs stuff like that at your school im sure you'll find at least 10 or so non competitive smashers that might be interested

Kantō

Smash Champion
once i get the flyers, they will be put everywhere that i legally can put them. lol. also i can mail flyers to different some of you guys to put around the skools in your areas as well, if someone would want to help out like that.

Kantō

Smash Champion
thanks a lot Mana, very kool of you to help out. ill take mailing address's from anyone willing to help out and hang some flyers around there town.

Kantō

Smash Champion
depends on the turnout, which most likley will be happening. not positive yet though.

ALSO GUYS THE OFFICIAL SYRACUSE TOURNAMENTS WEBSITE IS UP AND THE LINK IS IN THE FIRST POST.
please visit and vote on the poll for the side tourney event. also check out the site!

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Wow Bry you are putting so much work into this. The point system is prolly brawl only, but still thats awesome. It'd be cool if we could get a general website for Western/upstate new york smash, with plenty of pictures and videos from tourneys. ( I wish somebody woulda recorded goggles dance after he won him Vs San money match, was ****ing hilarious) Still really good **** bry, you the man.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Wow Bry you are putting so much work into this. The point system is prolly brawl only, but still thats awesome. It'd be cool if we could get a general website for Western/upstate new york smash, with plenty of pictures and videos from tourneys. ( I wish somebody woulda recorded goggles dance after he won him Vs San money match, was ****ing hilarious) Still really good **** bry, you the man.
thank you so much for your feedback, but all the credit does not go to me alone. Cura is also to take credit for helping our Smash community grow and has helped me every step of the way with whats been going on in syracuse. Also Pdiddy will be holding a tourney in the area as well so very kool on his part too. and the points will count in melee as well.:chuckle:

Also a venue change has been posted. everyone should check it out. it is where the Oneida tourney is being held on the 21st. i know its not in syracuse, but it is 30 min. away. sry if this inconveinces anyone. but hopefully it shouldnt. :p

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Lol, rename the tourney "Sort of" Syracuse smash. Also yea Good **** to you to Cura. your always running the brackets and the recording, you are also the man.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I'm not exactly the social type. I typically have an either blank emotionless face, or a very sad looking one which makes people want to make fun of me, I can't really talk to anyone.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
The idea of the site is mainly to attract those who dont know about aib/swf or dont know how to navigate through swf/aib that well. They can go straight to the site and get information regaurding the most recent tournament coming up. This will attract the less hardcore players. and hopefully the point system will keep players of all skill levels coming back knowing they have something to earn in return for all their efforts. And also give players a reason to continue getting better.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
thank you so much for your feedback, but all the credit does not go to me alone. Cura is also to take credit for helping our Smash community grow and has helped me every step of the way with whats been going on in syracuse. Also Pdiddy will be holding a tourney in the area as well so very kool on his part too. and the points will count in melee as well.:chuckle:

Also a venue change has been posted. everyone should check it out. it is where the Oneida tourney is being held on the 21st. i know its not in syracuse, but it is 30 min. away. sry if this inconveinces anyone. but hopefully it shouldnt. :p
My jaw just dropped. Now I won't have to travel an hour, only 30 mins. Thank you Bry, you make it so easy for a 15 year old to hit a smash tourney. :D

Kantō

Smash Champion
My jaw just dropped. Now I won't have to travel an hour, only 30 mins. Thank you Bry, you make it so easy for a 15 year old to hit a smash tourney. :D
yea do you think since your close enough, u can hang flyers in your skools? u should try to attract as many players as possible for this. as well as the Onieda Smash tourney.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
yea do you think since your close enough, u can hang flyers in your skools? u should try to attract as many players as possible for this. as well as the Onieda Smash tourney.
I hardly know any other people that play smash, much less that would be willing to travel even though it's 30 mins. away. Almost all gamers at my school play Call of Duty or some other game on 360.

I've never hung flyers before either. xD

The most I could probably do would be to talk to some people about it.

Top Bottom