• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 1.1.6 Update Coming this month

What do you think version 1.1.6 will bring?

• Total voters

CaptainJiggz

Smash Rookie
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/axfj/update/index.html

Rough Translation:

Ver. 1.1.6 [ 2016.5 Expected to deliver
  • We adjust the game balance.
  • ※ If you download the update data (Ver. 1.1.6), replay data stored in the update data (Ver. 1.1.5) previously you will not be able to play.
  • ※ In order to perform the Internet play, the update data (Ver. 1.1.6) is required.
Also, It seems Japan already has the update. EDIT: Nope, one of my japanese sources confirmed he doesn't have an update.

Last edited:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm not one to cry for nerfs, but...

I think we all agree a certain Umbra Witch could stand to get a few.

AAA Battery

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1897-1891
I'm not one to cry for nerfs, but...

I think we all agree a certain Umbra Witch could stand to get a few.
It may be nice to know that you can try to SDI upwards and it can allow you to escape her Witch Twist + Up Air finisher. ESAM is amazing.

:rosalina: might have to worry about more nerfs... man. X( But hey. Maybe :4yoshi: could get some boosts this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice

Rough Translation:

• ※ If you download the update data (Ver. 1.1.6), replay data stored in the update data (Ver. 1.1.5) previously you will not be able to play.
  • ※ In order to perform the Internet play, the update data (Ver. 1.1.6) is required.
Also, It seems Japan already has the update.
Anyone have Japan contacts to hear about changes if it did indeed update there already?

expansioN

Smash Rookie
If there´s no G&W buffs I´ll mail Sakurai a picture of G&W hitting him with 9 and a bunch of salt packets.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
I have one true wish for DK. That I know of, any character that successfully lands an air up-special doesn't have to worry about how they land. But with DK, I can hit someone with an up-special flawlessly and I get punished for it. Some lag reduction from up special would be nice.
But, whatever is in the update has been decided already so let's see.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Man, I just really REALLY freaking hope to God, that Dr. Mario gets some good buffs when the patch drops. It saddens me, as Mario and Doc main for life, that Doc isn't good enough to be used competitively. I hope he can get the chance. :(

Also, I don't mind seeing Palutena getting some more buffs too along with Jiggs, despite the fact I don't use them. Because, you know, imo, it's irrelavent to call Palutena a goddess if she's not good. :p Also, Jiggs, being the most useless character, needs to be not the useless character. :)

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
I have one true wish for DK. That I know of, any character that successfully lands an air up-special doesn't have to worry about how they land. But with DK, I can hit someone with an up-special flawlessly and I get punished for it. Some lag reduction from up special would be nice.
But, whatever is in the update has been decided already so let's see.
Bowser has the same weakness, with both of their aerial up specials packing virtually no knockback on finishing. But the moves do pretty wicked damage if all hitboxes connect, as a trade-off.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
I've learned my lesson in the past to not get excited/too hopeful over patches.

Deadpool12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2578-3767-4194
#BuffThePuff #SaveBayonetta
Agreed even though i dont play them

you know who i hope gets buff robin just a little bit more speed will not hurt

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainJiggz

Smash Rookie
Anyone have Japan contacts to hear about changes if it did indeed update there already?
I have a few, but I could only get in contact with one of them, and he wasn't at his Wii U at the moment to check. He said he didn't even know there was gonna be an update.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Today, Nintendo has announced that version 1.1.6 of Smash 4 will be coming soon- with the file size being pretty hefty (61MB for Wii U and 325MB for the 3DS). What kinds of changes do you think 1.1.6 will bring? It's possible that there will be more than character changes, considering the file size is so big (especially on the 3DS).

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The page for it says the patch will adjust the game's balance so take that as you will, other than that the only thing for certain is that it will bring disappointment, like always.
Edit: Merging threads made my post completely redundant, please ignore.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
1.1.5 was 322MB on 3DS (so 3MB of new content here) and stages are about 1-2MB in size. Make of that what you will.

At this point my only expectation balance-wise is Bayo nerfs, to what extent will remain to be seen.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
I'm sure all of my custom stages won't be available for download and replays will be broken as usual. I expect a Bayonetta nerf bc people are calling for it. A small cloud nerf wouldn't surprise me either. I think the last patch nerfed Sheik enough so she will be untouched, probably the same for ZSS. Rosalina will prob be untouched as well. They might buff some characters and we know so many characters could use it. Maybe just maybe Puff will get a Buff. . .maybe. IDK about new stages but i could see something being done to the Miiverse stage to bring it back while still preventing "inappropriate" material from being displayed.

I wouldn't expect anything like characters or music or costumes. A stage could be potential, like bringing back the Melee pokemon stadium since the new pokemon is out/coming out and pokken fighter is pretty big right now.

I doubt this would happen but I would love it if you could use custom stages for 8-player smash. Like maybe allow the large sized customs stages. If I ever play and we have 5 or more people it turns into Big Battlefield then FD back and forth.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For 3DS, balance changes, broken replays, and maybe if we're super lucky(but I still very much doubt it), another ported stage.

Wi U is balance changes and broken replays only.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Well I hope they balance out more characters. I would really like to see more fighters being balanced out to be able handle the higher characters on the tier list. And wait.. it's an update? MY REPLAYS!
But however the thing I anticipate the most is:
:4bayonetta::4bayonetta2:X

It would crush me to see a character many people wanted in to be banned. And it would end the Bayonetta drama quite easily, depending on what they do in her nerf.

Khao

Smash Lord
I don't really think it's even reasonable to expect anything more than a balance/bug fixing patch at this point (and of course, that instantly means broken replays by itself).

We've gotten confirmation that all development already stopped, and we've never gotten new content without at least a teaser first.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
What I want for cloud

Range increase on clouds sword
More limit charge gain
No endlag on limit blade beam
Finishing touch should hit on frame 1 and no endlag
Reduced cross slash endlag
Reduced KNOCKBACK on d throw
Make jab 1 hit on frame 2

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink

Rough Translation:

Also, It seems Japan already has the update.
I have a Japanese Wii U. I'll test and see if the update's up.

EDIT: Nope. Doesn't force me to update after trying to go online.

1.1.5 was 322MB on 3DS (so 3MB of new content here) and stages are about 1-2MB in size. Make of that what you will.

At this point my only expectation balance-wise is Bayo nerfs, to what extent will remain to be seen.
Not likely considering the 3DS patches combine with previous ones. They include all the previous balance patches, so 1.1.5 would include 1.1.4, 1.1.3, and so on hence the larger file size.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The patch is not out yet from what we see. Smashboards would likely be melting if it were.

It didn't come out today but it has to be coming out within the next 2 weeks... at least :p

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
When I got word that 1.16 was indeed real I booted my Wii U up and tried to send this patch's replays to my Youtube.

"Failed to send data" "Post Cancelled"

*Checks downloads*

"Downloading"...

Are you guys sure it's not here? Because I'm frustrated.

TriTails

Smash Lord
My journey from 1.0.0 to 1.1.5 had taught me to never, ever be too hopeful on patches. Else I'll regret it hard later.

But my wishlist for Luigi anyway:
- F-tilt has less endlag
It's far too laggy to be used as a good poke. It doesn't shine in range either. At this point it just serves as a worse jab due to how risky it can be at low percents.

- D-tilt has its old KB angle back
The new angle is ****in' useless. The trip is absolutely unpredictable and otherwise, it sends people exactly where Luigi doesn't want them to be (I hit with the shortest ranged move ever and it sends them away with little KB? Get out of my face). Hillarious thing: It's yet again a worse jab.

- Green ****in' the **** Missile either has massive buff or just a complete overhaul
It should be obvious by now this move is utter garbage and has no real worth outside of misfire. It does horribly in recovering and is even more obnoxious to use as an offensive tool. ot when the move has more landing lag than Bowser's D-air and deal just like 6-10% per hit. We dash grab those bruh.

- Cyclone having less hitlag
Everybody practically fall out of the Cyclone on a regular basis now. The KB nerf was fair but the hitlag too? Grounded Cyclone can be teched and the aerial one already has a strict mashing amount to not let characters fall out of it. Hitlag makes both of those easier to execute and therefore, increasing the risk of Luigi getting punished by landing an extremely high risk move for fairly low reward. I mean, come on.

- Grounded Cyclone linking better
To be honest, I don't know how they would fix this. Cyclone already has auto-link angles on its every hitbox except final IIRC. Thing is, when you ram to people when sliding with grounded Cyclone, there's a moderate chance they'll pop up instead of being trapped. Then you'll get a B-air and be in disadvantage. Help me on this one. Because this happens so much it's stupid.

Green L

Smash Apprentice
Cyclone having less hitlag
Everybody practically fall out of the Cyclone on a regular basis now. The KB nerf was fair but the hitlag too? Grounded Cyclone can be teched and the aerial one already has a strict mashing amount to not let characters fall out of it. Hitlag makes both of those easier to execute and therefore, increasing the risk of Luigi getting punished by landing an extremely high risk move for fairly low reward. I mean, come on.
I agree for the most part. I hate the hitlag too. I don't believe this would happen I want down throw to have lower knockback and the aerial cyclone should have more knockback, somewhere between pre and post patch cyclone about 127 knockback growth. Currently, its so weak that it won't kill kirby until 150. About Green Missile, that move always sucks. So did d-tilt. So i doubt that'll change

Last edited:

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
Today, Nintendo has announced that version 1.1.6 of Smash 4 will be coming soon- with the file size being pretty hefty (61MB for Wii U and 325MB for the 3DS). What kinds of changes do you think 1.1.6 will bring? It's possible that there will be more than character changes, considering the file size is so big (especially on the 3DS).
I think that becasue the DS fike size is much bigger than the WiiU, the DS will probably see new stages/music

Last edited:

Aliek

Smash Rookie
Instead of new stages, I'm hoping the New 3DS control stick and the two extra back buttons get actual support in the configs. Give us tilt-stick and/or bidou for 3ds!

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hope the nerf:

cloud: too complete, has everything except a good recovery, range, speed, knockback, an amazing moveset, a projectile

rosa: they need to nerf luma, it blocks too many things, also her uair and dair need urgent nerfs

sheik: a frame or 2 of endlag on fair, its too good

bayo: make the second upb have a different type of knockback, so it kills less, also nerf the damage on jabs, ftilt, fair and sidebs and upbs

sonic: a bit of less ground speed (enough to still be the fastest) less knockback on uair, bair, fsmash and add a couple frames of startup lag on upb (sonic is too consistent, best gap closer in the game)

buffs:

dorf: make him faster... reduce fair lag, add more hitstun from sideb, etc

falco: make the double lasers possible again, speed up side b

puff: heavier

zelda: less lag on almost everything

palutena: see above

marth/lucina: more range, improve the dair

roy: higher jumps, larger upb, better recovery

Last edited:
Top Bottom