• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.5 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
OP has been updated again and should be up to date.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
:4corrinf:
  • Dragon Fang Shot:
    • Uncharged Damage (Hitbox 2): 11 -> 9
    • Non-Fully Charged Damage: 4-10 -> 4-8
"Hitbox 2" is the upper damage limit for the non-fully charged DFS projectile. Its numbers also aren't achievable ingame, since it requires a full charge (which gives you, well, a full charged DFS).

I guess that technically makes the "fully non-fully charged" projectile more like 10.65 -> 8.75 but I don't for sure know those are the exact numbers (if not they're close), but in short these are redundant and calling the upper charge limit "hitbox 2" is misleading.

Samus's first line has some odd formatting.

Everything looks good otherwise ❤

Meshima

Smash Cadet
:4corrin:
  • Item toss strength 1.028 -> 1.026
Same type of change also happened in 1.1.3, Lucario's strength had increased to 1.302 from 1.3 in that time.

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
:4samus:
  • Homing Missile Start Up 20 -> 18
  • Super Missile Start Up 23 -> 21
  • Charge Shot (Non-Charged) Start Up 16 -> 15
  • Charge Shot (Full Charge) Start Up 16 -> 15
Bomb's start up frame and total frames are not changed but now she back from Bomb's sphere state at F45, I don't know that was F47 in 1.1.4 though. Anyway, maybe this change has something related to this glitch.

Sheik's Needle acmd haven't changed.
Her only param change is 12 -> 10, I think this has something to do with Needle but Kirby's param changes are double 13 -> 16, I have no idea about this changes.
M Meshima , Where did you find those start up decreases for homing missile, super missile and charge shot? Is that from the params? I found a 2 frame decrease in for these moves in the ACMD as well. Right now the OP states these two start up decreases separately which means there is a 4 frame total decrease in total. Are we documenting the same change? In which case one of the 2 frame reductions needs to be removed from the OP.

The OP has a needle range reduction for Sheik which is documented in testing but nothing on a range reduction has been found on the data mining side, that param 12 -> 10 is most likely needle range. This would line up with the OP saying ~80% of old range. 10/12 = 83.3%

Gunla Gunla , Looks like some damage stuff from another character got caught in Link's changes:
  • Dsmash Second Hit KBG: 57 -> 63
  • Dash Attack:
    • 14/13/12 Damage KBG: 78/78/72 -> 85/85/77
    • 14/13/12 Damage Angles: 45/60/70 -> 45/50/55

I noticed that Zelda's grab range extension is not numerically expressed

Standing Grab Stretchy X: 10.5 -> 11.5
Dash Grab Stretchy X: 13.5 -> 14.5
Pivot Grab Stretchy X: -15.7 -> -16.7

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The OP has a needle range reduction for Sheik which is documented in testing but nothing on a range reduction has been found on the data mining side, that param 12 -> 10 is most likely needle range. This would line up with the OP saying ~80% of old range. 10/12 = 83.3%
I'd guess it is this; the range has changed at an amount that is most likely matching the parameter.

Meshima

Smash Cadet
M Meshima , Where did you find those start up decreases for homing missile, super missile and charge shot? Is that from the params? I found a 2 frame decrease in for these moves in the ACMD as well. Right now the OP states these two start up decreases separately which means there is a 4 frame total decrease in total. Are we documenting the same change? In which case one of the 2 frame reductions needs to be removed from the OP.

I found these changes from ingame, not param. I just confirmed what you said so one of these should be removed.
Things I can read from params are each move's IASA frames and intangibility disappearing frames, that'all. Almost every values are still unknown at least for me.

I don't think 10(12 in 1.1.4) = needle range but somehow this value related to needle range.
Here is more precise param change on her. Her param show now NB1 and NB2 have same 1st value though, below pics(from @drafix570) say these have different range.

So, in my opinion, maybe her needle's range reduced to 10/12(83.33%) but this values is not 12 -> 10.

edit;
Are Kirby's param change (double 13 -> 16) needle copy ability with NB1 and unused NB4? His needle range has decreased like Sheik though.
BTW, Kirby and Sheik has different total frames with their on-ground needle even now.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
For :4samus:, her Bomb entry needs to be changed. She does not have two less frames of endlag for the move, her IASA frame for "crouch cancelling" bomb's endlag was pushed to frame 45 from 47.

I can also confirm that none of her custom variants specials received the changes her base moves did. Including custom bombs, which also have the "crouch cancel" tech but were unchanged in their IASA frame (which were uniformly 7 frames before normal endlag is finished. Default bombs are now 9).

Meshima

Smash Cadet
I made all param changes list.
Note, I don't know why, but some FAF are not written in param.
Please tell me if you have an idea about unknown param changes.
Before someone mention, Samus' special moves total frames are unchanged.

:4cloud:
  • Limit Charge Total Charge Frame 358F -> 400F (0.28 -> 0.25 per frame)

:4robinm:
  • Nosferatu FAF from grab break 40F -> 38F

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
I made all param changes list.
Note, I don't know why, but some FAF are not written in param.
Please tell me if you have an idea about unknown param changes.
Before someone mention, Samus' special moves total frames are unchanged.
Looked at this some and I have no clue how you assigned params to certain moves. Completely lost on this front.

Gunla Gunla , Meshima and I discussed the Samus changes on the super missiles and charged shot. There is some repetitive information in there. The redundant pieces are color coded.

• Super Missile:
    • Startup: 20F -> 18F
    • Frames 3-23: Frame Duration of .9 added (Decreases startup by approximately 2 frames)
    • Frames 23-43: Frame Duration of 1.1 added (Increases duration of shooting animation by 2 frames, thus not changing the duration of the move as a whole)
  • Charge Shot:
    • Uncharged Startup: 16F -> 15F
    • Fully Charged Startup: 16F -> 15F
    • Frames 10-20: Frame Duration of .8 added (Decreases startup by approximately 2 frames)
    • Frames 20-40: Frame Duration of 1.1 added (Increases duration of shooting animation by approximately 2 frames, thus not changing the duration of the move as a whole)
So we either keep the blue text or keep the red text.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Red text has been removed!

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Gunla Gunla I have some :4samus: clarifications after testing her moves with 60 FPS video capture.

There is a typo for Bomb. The IASA is changed 47 to 45, not 45 to 47.

Charge shot does NOT have a different startup, it still fires at 16. Total Frames is also completely unchanged on the ground and in the air. The time it takes to charge to full is also not different (138 total frames, including 16 to enter charge state. Note that her character icon flashes on 125). I have no idea what sort of modifier data miners found for this move, but mechanically it is 100% the same attack.

It's true that homing and super missiles have their startup reduced by two frames, but they never shared the same startup frame of 20. Homing Missile Startup 20 to 18. Super Missile startup 23 to 21.

Dash Attack new hitbox entry is unclear on its startup. It says N/A -> 8F -> 10F. It should read: N/A -> 8F.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Changes entered. I ended up removing the section for Charge Shot, because it sounds like it was completely unchanged after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom