• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.5 patch notes- no I'm not joking

Status
Not open for further replies.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
I guess they had to continue the tradition of irrelevant nerfs somehow.
I know you're probably joking but that range reduction is kinda huge. It means not only being unsafe on shield in many situations, but primarily it means not being able to outrange many hitboxes now, especially those of ZSS, Mario, Ryu and so forth.

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
This is why when you play a S Tier character You always have a side character you practice with Incase that character gets Nerfed to Complete garbage And you have trouble transitioning to a new character I can tell some shiek mains have jumped ship Its nonstop Bayonetta Now

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Needles still do there job at forcing approaches

And if a character out zones her it isn't like sheik can't rush them down if she feels like.

Idk. I beat a bayo, diddy, Kirby, game n watch, and a link at my weekly. I lost to a ryu in finals that went to game 5, last hit last stock. What's even funnier is that I normally lose to this ryu even harder, and yet I did better.

This nerf removed so much stagnantion of sheik that I'm glad it happened. Good bye fraud sheiks that probably were pre patch Luigis. Make way for the real sheik mains. I got something to prove and its lit.

Guts man

Smash Rookie
I still think that sheik is solidly top tier she still has other ways to kill with her. Nair > BF, f-tilt, tipper d-tilt,
Needles still do there job at forcing approaches

And if a character out zones her it isn't like sheik can't rush them down if she feels like.

Idk. I beat a bayo, diddy, Kirby, game n watch, and a link at my weekly. I lost to a ryu in finals that went to game 5, last hit last stock. What's even funnier is that I normally lose to this ryu even harder, and yet I did better.

This nerf removed so much stagnantion of sheik that I'm glad it happened. Good bye fraud sheiks that probably were pre patch Luigis. Make way for the real sheik mains. I got something to prove and its lit.
Hey absol I am a pretty big fan of your content on smashboards(also your collab video with Deku tree on killing with sheik) and was wondering what you think about Sheik position on the tierlist? Also I heard that there's a 50/50 kill option with f-throw from a friend and I am not sure if this is true. Do you mind clarifying for me? Thank you

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...You know, with the increase knock back to dthrow it's possible that Sheik kill power has increased as she be able to land dthrow into uair closer to the ceiling then before but at a lower %. It's something to look into. Nintendo is run by a bunch of clowns, they don't know how to balance so re inspect Sheik throws and punish them for their stupidity if possible.

Other then that I'm greatly upset that some of the great projects I was involved in early in the game life is all for naught now. My poor friend who was hanging out with me at the time had to suffer 40 minutes of my rant in the car. It's most likely a good thing I waited a day to post anything.... Even so I've been at this sentence for about 10 minutes now writing and erasing what I WANT to say.

~fades away into history~

suarsuar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
suarsuar
That's what bites -- most tutorials and guides are mostly irrelevant now. :(

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
We can start over. Besides the sheik boards haven't had much to do yet. We were the most active and organized character fourms, and we can do it again.

D

Deleted member

We can start over. Besides the sheik boards haven't had much to do yet. We were the most active and organized character fourms, and we can do it again.
Seeing this message,...it fills you with DETERMINATION.

LET'S DO THIS !

TheJolteon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
x5000luigi
I guess its time to start looking at bouncing fish reads and moves that can combo into bouncing fish. down throw into up-air could be finished if that kbg growth was anything.

Last edited:

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
It's like an episode of Gurren Lagann in here. Everyone's getting pumped up to improve. Good to see.

Good hustle on this patch everyone. Check Absol's 1.1.5. thread for new things to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom