• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 1.1.4 Sheik Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
This is the official Sheik 1.1.4 patch thread. Discuss all suspected and confirmed changes here. This isn't for simple speculation, and irrelevant or whiny posts can and will be infracted.

It's looking like the only change was a slight reduction in her weight.

Last edited:

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Sheik feels exactly the same to me thankfully

stay salty everyone who's looking at this thread waiting for nerfs :)

D

Deleted member

Been playing her for a while...
Have NOT felt any difference yet...
ALL tech still works...

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166

I take that back

Uair's damage is reduced by 1%, which definitely means knockback values are changed... don't know how much tho.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
I take that back

Uair's damage is reduced by 1%, which definitely means knockback values are changed... don't know how much tho.
ok wait, i take that back again. people are saying it's always dealt 7%?

even though kurogane says it deals 8%, unless im reading it wrong :o

edit: I was reading it wrong, my bad :[

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
_Tree _Tree plz add that fancy 'Official' tag.

When Nairo played in Japan he stated he didn't notice any changes to our ninja. Heres hoping.
Use this for pre patch info. I'd open the tab before they edit the site so that all the info IS pre-patch.
We'll probably only get rough % info from comparing moves, but remember to check all our tech (C-bouncing, INC, basically go through the compendium checking all the tech).
Keep an eye on @Thinkaman for the changes list for the whole cast also.

even though kurogane says it deals 8%, unless im reading it wrong :o
Double post :O
My game is pre-patch, and it deals 7% damage. Deals 8% on bowser jr. when you hit is upper half. Maybe that's what kurogane had :p

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
You guys don't notice the startup on fair? Have I lost my mind?
Edit: Nope I've lost it lol.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
This guy claims Sheik got some difference: https://mobile.twitter.com/ShinyQuagsire/status/695089014114660354
I think we will get something almost not relevant.
Needles are the same ?
Bouncing Fish is the same?
I think it's everything alright.
Maybe we can't kill with Fair at all now or something like this ...
This just means that SOMETHING about Sheik changed. Other than landing lag or mobility changes (both of which would have been found by now, aka she's probably untouched in that department) the changes to Sheik could be literally anything.

Just to prove my point, one of the previous patches had one modification ZSS that ended up being a slight change to the animation when she lands on the stage with her rocket boots before the game actually starts.

Could it be something that affects her competitive play, yes, but it could also be something that has no effect.

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
Well Time To join the Shiek Bandwagon and Make Her My main She dodges More nerfs then yoshi

Xenami

Smash Rookie
NNID
FlamingPotato12
User was warned for this post

What horrid news. :/

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Guys you're officially bottom tier now thanks to the new nerf and so are the other top tier waifus :rosalina::4zss:. All 3 of you got...a -1 point nerf to your weight so you're only slightly lighter now.

Well, that's the only confirmed change to Sheik right now at least but I don't think anything else is changed.

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Guys you're officially bottom tier now thanks to the new nerf and so are the other top tier waifus :rosalina::4zss:. All 3 of you got...a -1 point nerf to your weight so you're only slightly lighter now.

Well, that's the only confirmed change to Sheik right now at least but I don't think anything else is changed.
I think the top 3 are perfectly balanced now.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I think the top 3 are perfectly balanced now.
Seriously?

"Sir, Sheik seems to have some of the best frame date, one of the best recoveries, the best projectile in the game, and she appears to be dominating top 8 in tournaments consistently. What should we do?"

"meh, lower her weight by 1. that should do it"

Trunks159

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Trunks159
Seriously?

"Sir, Sheik seems to have some of the best frame date, one of the best recoveries, the best projectile in the game, and she appears to be dominating top 8 in tournaments consistently. What should we do?"

I think at this point all Shiek mains are safe.

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
LOL. user was warned for saying sheik not getting nerfed is "horrid news"

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I love how every time we don't get nerfed all the low tier heroes come to complain in our boards, as if that would help.

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Seriously?

I know sarcasm is hard to detect online, but do i have to make it even more obvious?

:006:

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
I love how every time we don't get nerfed all the low tier heroes come to complain in our boards, as if that would help.
We're sick of you getting carried, and now that the dev team supposedly just had their fingers in their asses instead of making the necessary adjustments, we have the right to complain.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
We're sick of you getting carried, and now that the dev team supposedly just had their fingers in their ***** instead of making the necessary adjustments, we have the right to complain.
No, you don't.
So, this thread already ran out of it's way entirely, right? No more changes? Nothing more the be said regarding the thing this thread was for?

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
No, you don't.
So, this thread already ran out of it's way entirely, right? No more changes? Nothing more the be said regarding the thing this thread was for?
You're so smart and handsome

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Isn't it bizarre that some people think complaining about something will change it? I can't even imagine that some people would think like that...

Thankfully this is the last big patch, meaning no more of these pest attracting threads. Good hustle.

To all the Sheik haters, yes, we know our character's broken.

And we love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom