• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai confirmed he was wanted in Melee and Brawl, but didn't make it since he wasn't a core nintendo character, and they couldn't afford the rights to the likeness of the actor that portrayed him.

However, this was just shy of 20 years ago, and things have changed. The price of the likeness of the old actor has changed, and there is a new James Bond in the Film Series. I still want the old James Bond, likeness and all.

The companies behind Smash have definately grown in wealth, and popularity, since 007 was considered. Sakurai could definately pull some strings and get him now, to complete this dream for his (& our) dreams of him being in.

What do you guys think? Does he still have a chance? I'll be seeing you guys soon, where I discuss everyones favorite *HJONK* !

Night Gale

Smash Ace
There's a video game character only rule but even if they defy it, the licensing issues would be a total pain in the ass. 007 has books AND movies. However, there's a way to circumvent that and any potential copyright lawsuit by way of parody. Remember the proximity mine from Melee?

It is obviously referring to Goldeneye and Perfect Dark but they allude to them as TOP SECRET.

So, what if we got a spy character with James Bond's gadgets and sh*t but it wasn't James Bond? What if we got the second best thing they can legally get away with? What if we got an original character called TOP SECRET that's Masahiro Sakurai in a tuxedo cosplaying as James Bond? The face of James Bond changes every so often but Sakurai is eternal. They can even make his code name 008 in the game files.

I don't want this idea to gain traction because I want it to surprise everyone if it ever ends up happening.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hello. While 007 would be quite awesome and a testament to the Goldeneye Legacy, we do not allow for non-video game characters to have dedicated support threads. This isn’t only limited to 007 but also to characters like Micky Mouse, Wreck-it Ralph, Darth Vader, and Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom