• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've been trying to work on a ref sheet for the past half hour and my drawing program just does not want to cooperate. First it straight up just corrupts the file(meaning I have to start all over), then for some reason I can't move the screen and it's just placing random dots everywhere. This isn't gonna be a fun art session but it's something I've been wanting to do for awhile now so I may as well push through it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gonna ask this question for Sword and Shield players again since it wasn't answered last night:

Does anyone here know where and how to find a Shinx on the Isle of Armor?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. I've been thinking about making an animated short film for my portfolio. But I like.. suck with drawing on computers. Doesn't matter if it's with a mouse or tablet. So I'm asking for advice. Some resources I can look to and maybe even some potential assistance.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

There goes more of my money. Except for Kris, Hitoshi Ariga has pretty much run out of female protagonists to make figures of.

Beyond the fact that Cynthia is an amazoness in height, her coat will only make her figure larger. And if that wasn't enough, a full sized Garchomp to go with her. This figure is going to be HUGE. lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch FP7 coincide with Pokemon with Cynthia as the character. I personally for one would love Garchomp, we don't have a shark in the roster and I love sharks.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Okay. I've been thinking about making an animated short film for my portfolio. But I like.. suck with drawing on computers. Doesn't matter if it's with a mouse or tablet. So I'm asking for advice. Some resources I can look to and maybe even some potential assistance.
Ctrl+Paint on Youtube is a good place for beginner tutorials with digital painting/drawing.

Look up Aaron Blaise on Youtube as well (wildlife artist and former Disney animator) as he has some decent content.

I'm sure with a bit of searching you can find some good sources on Youtube alone.

If you're really serious you can look into the online art school, Schoolism as well.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Disney remakes in a nutshell:
View attachment 287138
I don’t think that’s magic in that bottle.

There goes more of my money. Except for Kris, Hitoshi Ariga has pretty much run out of female protagonists to make figures of.

Beyond the fact that Cynthia is an amazoness in height, her coat will only make her figure larger. And if that wasn't enough, a full sized Garchomp to go with her. This figure is going to be HUGE. lol
I need dis.

Watch FP7 coincide with Pokemon with Cynthia as the character. I personally for one would love Garchomp, we don't have a shark in the roster and I love sharks.
I need dis too

Have her take Trainer’s gimmick and add Milotic and Spiritomb in the mix.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Animation is really difficult, from experience. You could get away with not being good at drawing in general but unless you go the 3D route you're going to be redrawing the same thing A LOT. Especially with longer animations you are practically drawing the same thing easily 10+ times(1 per frame) with only slighly different poses.

3d modeling is more forgiving but that requires pretty heavy knowledge of rigging and modeling. It doesn't help that 3d animation is also as tedious as hand drawn stuff, just in a different way(instead of redrawing the same thing over and over you're posing the same character over and over)

Unless you're reallllly serious about this, I wouldn't go too deep in just yet. Animation is one of those things you really can only learn through mistakes and not success.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Animation is really difficult, from experience. You could get away with not being good at drawing in general but unless you go the 3D route you're going to be redrawing the same thing A LOT. Especially with longer animations you are practically drawing the same thing easily 10+ times(1 per frame) with only slighly different poses.

3d modeling is more forgiving but that requires pretty heavy knowledge of rigging and modeling. It doesn't help that 3d animation is also as tedious as hand drawn stuff, just in a different way(instead of redrawing the same thing over and over you're posing the same character over and over)

Unless you're reallllly serious about this, I wouldn't go too deep in just yet. Animation is one of those things you really can only learn through mistakes and not success.
Wish I could get a crew at my back that makes up for my areas of weakness.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
CROWN TUNDRA NEWS TOMORROW
That's cool for the people who wanted an update even if I'm not personally very fond of the game, like...at all, but it's still pretty disappointing that there continues to be silence on the next Smash fighter.

Really hoping that we get something next week.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
When I was going through a bit of an art phase, I drew on paper, then re-traced and colored digitally. It's probably really inifficent, but it worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom