• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think orange and blue can go well together, I'm just not vibing with it on Sulsee for whatever reason.
Maybe it make his design too....bright or somethin'?

I see tomorrow if I can fix it up.

Tho just curious, why you keep calling him Sulsee? It is for abridge purpose or...? No judging I promise.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Maybe it make his design too....bright or somethin'?
Probably that. I think it may clash with his darker colors a bit too much.

Tho just curious, why you keep calling him Sulsee? It is for abridge purpose or...? Not judging I promise.
Nah I'm just a ****ing idiot. I keep misreading his name.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
'guess peoples aren't a fan of orange shoulder lol, even though I heard orange & blue are colors that goes well together. (that, and his costume is supposed to look quite crappy/cheap)

Again, not yet sure what to do yet, but I appreciate the feedback alot, so thanks folk.
I think it's because the orange is really bright and sticks out on a mostly muted white and grey color pallet. It's kind of distracting and brings your eyes away from more important features like the mask.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Probably that. I think it may clash with his darker colors a bit too much.

Nah I'm just a ****ing idiot. I keep misreading his name.
Gotchaaaa, and ah, I see.

His name is a anagram of the word "useless", in case that help.

Now. for real, I'm gonna go to sleep. If I get more feedback in the time, I answer it tomorrow, until then, have a good time here, folks!

D

Deleted member

I think it's because the orange is really bright and sticks out on a mostly muted white and grey color pallet. It's kind of distracting and brings your eyes away from more important features like the mask.
Yeah, that’s basically what I was gonna say. My eyes were drawn directly to the orange and not to the primary features. It’s not a huge deal but it’s not ideal design, especially when you already have a pretty solid palette without the orange.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, that’s basically what I was gonna say. My eyes were drawn directly to the orange and not to the primary features. It’s not a huge deal but it’s not ideal design, especially when you already have a pretty solid palette without the orange.
I shall change it to brown then, to keep it with the others colors & not make it too distracting...

Wait, why the **** am I still here? AAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Some of you guys may call it a ripoff but playing 3D All Stars just makes me feel really happy.

These games have aged like fine wine, IMO.
I'm excited to receive my copy!

It'll still be a week or so but I'm willing to wait. I'm stoked for it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Some of you guys may call it a ripoff but playing 3D All Stars just makes me feel really happy.

I think the game slacks in the extras department, but everything else is amazing in my opinion. These ports are really good, I'm lovin' it.

D

Deleted member

I’m definitely considering picking it up so I can finally finish a 3 games. It’s weird typing that but I have actually started all 3... but only for a very limited time so I never finished any of em. It’s just saving $60 is pain for me when I only get $5 a week lol. That’s like at least 10 weeks of waiting(which is also 1/5 of a year too)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I really wouldn't call it a rip-off when Sunshine on it's own goes for like $50 loose rn hahaa. Gamecube games are expensive

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

KRAMPUS

Episode Title: "Krampus"
Subject Matter: Krampus
Summary: When their parents must work on Christmas Eve and gets their neglectful older sister to watch over them. Two misbehaved siblings take advantage of this such as opening their presents only to face the consequences when a mysterious horned being begins terrorizing them.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
"The FitnessGram™ PACER Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20-meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start. The running speed starts slowly but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. [Beep] A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. [ding] Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start. On your mark, get ready, start."

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Before I go to bed, just wanted to share some change I made to one of my character, Sulesse.
View attachment 286065View attachment 286066
The version on the right is the new one, lemme know which one you prefer, or what else you might have to say.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @ShinyLegendary , @NonsensicalThings , Wademan94 Wademan94 , @Knight Dude , @Dyllybirdy & @Tako Tuesday
I like the gray shoulders of the first one, and like the little vest details on the second one. Keeping the shoulders gray is a good idea because I feel like it's a case where simplicity is best.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of the FitnessGram pacer test, I plan on running the FitnessGram pacer test to see if I can still keep up with the kids these days. :p

But seriously, I'm doing it because I'm bored and I'm curious as to how I'm doing to running endurance. It's probably gotten worse since high school because I don't run cross-country anymore, and running a lot kills gains soooooo yeah lol (not that I have a great amount of muscle to begin with, but still).

Shroob

Sup?
$60 for three of the best 3D Mario games is not a ripoff.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Considering 64's been sold for 10$ in the past by Nintendo themselves, and they've sold Galaxy(2) for 20, you're either paying 30 bucks for Sunshine, or an extra 10 bucks for convenience sake.

Not a ripoff in the sense of the word, but you're 100% paying Mario tax.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Speaking of the FitnessGram pacer test, I plan on running the FitnessGram pacer test to see if I can still keep up with the kids these days. :p

But seriously, I'm doing it because I'm bored and I'm curious as to how I'm doing to running endurance. It's probably gotten worse since high school because I don't run cross-country anymore, and running a lot kills gains soooooo yeah lol (not that I have a great amount of muscle to begin with, but still).
I used to do pretty well on the Pacer Test. I don't remember exactly what number I could get to, but it was probably in the 55-65 area.

Though, I have one bad memory of overexerting myself during one of the tests, causing me to throw up in physics class.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Considering 64's been sold for 10$ in the past by Nintendo themselves, and they've sold Galaxy(2) for 20, you're either paying 30 bucks for Sunshine, or an extra 10 bucks for convenience sake.

Not a ripoff in the sense of the word, but you're 100% paying Mario tax.
I'm fine paying an extra 10 bucks for remasters of the games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
FB_IMG_1600473934633.jpg

Ever since I was a kid I always thought the intro to Zero 2 was the coolest introduction to a character ever. Spending an entire year alone wandering the barren apocalyptic wastelands of earth destroying any clone of X he comes across after being separated from his sort of but not really girlfriend.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Before I go to bed, just wanted to share some change I made to one of my character, Sulesse.
View attachment 286065View attachment 286066
The version on the right is the new one, lemme know which one you prefer, or what else you might have to say.

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @ShinyLegendary , @NonsensicalThings , Wademan94 Wademan94 , @Knight Dude , @Dyllybirdy & @Tako Tuesday
I am so sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I have been extremely busy today. The changes look really good. :D

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm kinda bored, so I'm gonna come up with three game collections for every Smash character. The only rule is that no chracter can share a game with another character, but I'm gonna try really hard to not do games on Switch. I'll do the 64 characters now.
:ultmario:- Already accounted for, 64 + Sunshine +Galaxy. I'll say that this kinda messes up the later Mario characters...
:ultdk:-DK Collection: Donkey Kong 64 + Donkey Kong Jungle Beat + Donkey Kong Barrel Blast. K.Rool gets the classic trilogy because those are the only ones he's in, so it's between DK and Diddy for the remaining games. Diddy Kong has a weak connection to these games, so DK gets them. Yay for the weird games nobody really talks about!?
:ultlink: - Breath of the Wild collection: BoTW, Age of Calamity, BoTW 2. I say "no Switch games" but then I add three, two of which aren't even out yet. I need to divide up 18 zelda games, cut me some slack
:ultsamus:- 2D Metroid collection: Zero Mission + Samus Returns + Super Metroid. This is the first one without anything to really mention.
:ultdarksamus: - Metroid Prime Trilogy: Metroid Prime 1 + 2 3. Same here.
:ultyoshi: - Yoshi Collection: Yoshi's Story + Yoshi's Island DS + Yoshi's New Island. The SNES one is on Switch online, so I went with the "lesser" games.
:ultkirby: - Kirby's Dream Collection 2: Return to Dream Land + Triple Deluxe + Robobot. Again, pretty acceptable.
:ultfox: - Star Fox collection. Star Fox 64 3D + Star Fox Assault + Star Fox Adventures. No comment
:ultpikachu: - the Pikachu collection: Pokemon Yellow + Pokepark + Pokepark 2. I went with a few spinoffs so we don't burn through the main games quickly.
:ultluigi:- Year of Luigi: Encore. Luigi's Mansion + Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon + Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. The two Mansion games were obvious, but the third was trickier. I went with Dream Team, because year of Luigi.
:ultness:- the APE collection: Mother 1 + Earthbound + Mario's Super Picross. Once again, two obvious ones and one tricky one. Mario's Super Picross was an Ape developed game, so it's in
:ultfalcon: - F-Zero collection: F-Zero + F-Zero X + F-Zero GX. Is an explaination needed?
:ultjigglypuff: - Pokemon spinoff Collection: Colloseum + XD + Snap. Kanto in particular is really clogged up, so I needed to give Jigglypuff some spinoffs.
why am I doing this? I don't know.
Fixed the Yoshi and Kirby Collection segments.
Also why no Metroid Fusion in the 2-D Metroid Collection?

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I got my copy of Mario all stars in the mail today! And I got to get play a version of Mario 64 that isn’t irrelevant simply for being put on the ds. Honestly I loved playing the ds port as a kid but going back to it I have no idea how I played with those god awful controls.And now I finally know what I was missing with the original

its amazing how much more fun and exiting to explore the playgrounds are in 64 when the controller dosent give you dpad athritus

I love just exploring and seeing if I can get a star the game hasn’t told me about yet. this game is so cool and whimsical and makes me forget about this absolute dumpster truck crash of a year.
But **** that camera!

I know that whole above section was all silly jokes and such but it’s honestly really great to finally have a way to play original Mario 64 and finally get to play sunshine without getting a GameCube and 64 respectivley

Galaxy is more of a fun bonus for me personally cause I’ve played it and still have a Wii U I could play it on now if I wanted too but it’s great to have it on switch

really excited to play sunshine that game is gonna be completely new for me

D

Deleted member

Now you got me thinking about all of the goblin cards flavor text

god i love goblins in mtg
Also rats
I don’t why but when I play magic I turn into a degenarate goblin rat king
Goblins have some pretty good flavor text ngl
7A747D7B-754E-489D-AFC3-2F8B9A51290B.png

One of my first viable EDH decks was WAR Krenko too, just pump him with equips and watch the cannon fodder pour out. Didn’t win games too often(because literally a single countspell on Krenko murders my deck) but it’s fun to play. Might rebuild it eventually idk. As is all of my equips are in Syr Gwyn over here so that’s not likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom