• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
LMAO. 4am Info announcements. Same day as the Playstation stuff no less.

Also, we're getting DKC2 on the Switch online service, so that's cool. I hope Capcom will put Final Fight 2 and 3 on there eventually. Maybe even Mega Man and Bass too, since some Japanese only games are already there and no re-releases of that version really popped up.

Shroob

Sup?
LMAO. 4am Info announcements. Same day as the Playstation stuff no less.

Also, we're getting DKC2 on the Switch online service, so that's cool. I hope Capcom will put Final Fight 2 and 3 on there eventually. Maybe even Mega Man and Bass too, since some Japanese only games are already there and no re-releases of that version really popped up.
Eh, just the announcement though. The actual Direct doesn't air until the day after the PS stuff.

Shroob

Sup?
Ah, you're right. I was thinking the PS stuff was on the 17th.
If the recent rumors are true, considering they're both announcing this a day early, and livestreaming it, seems like they're about to drop a Switch Monster Hunter game.

So now we just wait til October for Smash at this point.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well a few pleasant surprises would be enough for me. Yeah Smash would be good but I'm already not expecting it here.

Shroob

Sup?
Well a few pleasant surprises would be enough for me. Yeah Smash would be good but I'm already not expecting it here.
Considering it's a partner Direct, that seems like a foregone conclusion.

Though at the same time, if there actually was Smash, not like Sakurai could do his usual "Please watch this presentation" Tweet that he does, or else that'd give it away entirely.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
My brain is broke. I feel like a wreck from staying up to 5am. I need to stop doing it.

II'll binge another anime today.

Also please this Direct has a lot of new stuff..

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

PINE MOUNTAIN DEVIL
Ultamateterex2.jpg

Lost Tapes: "Pine Mountain Devil"
Subject: Pine Mountain Devil
Summary: "Local rangers get distress calls about tourists seeing dead bodies of bobcats and coyotes. When they get there to solve this strange occurrence, little they know is that the rangers are on the menu of a winged creature from ancient times."

I put it on DeviantART here:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Kamiya retweeted the Direct. Bayo 3?

D

Deleted member

Even if it is not Smash, it is finally nice to get a mini-direct at least, right?

D

Deleted member

How does it feel to have finally changed your Avatar? I was so happy when I did it for the first time three hours ago
That's the thing: I haven't lmao

I wasn't even awake last night so that makes even less sense

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It'd be nice now that we know that SMT5 actually exists and wasn't a collective hallucination.

But I also feel like Monster Hunter is the 'main' draw of this thing.
SMT5 was just revealed, SMT5 is coming this time. The meme is over, Shroob. SMT5 is coming to the Switch very soon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was so happy that Community finally came to Netflix and was available in Japan. Before then, I had to be a pirate in order to watch it. I finished the whole series plus the last season which I avoided after the last season of Scrubs greatly disappointed me. But it didn’t and I loved the last episode. So I’m rewatching it yet again but watching it with Japanese subtitles. It translates well but some of the humor is lost in translation. Especially the Dean’s puns like “I’ll dean you later!” In Japanese, it’s “Ato de hanasu neeee!” which is basically “I’ll talk to you later!”

D

Deleted member

If Shinobi is to be believed, it's a Switch Monster Hunter, and considering he's the guy who leaked Banjo, I'd say he's to be believed.

The question is if Switch MonHun is the one big reveal coming with a bunch of smaller ones, or if there's a couple big reveals at once.
Honestly I wouldnmt be surprised if this Monster Hunter game is shadowdropped like Age of Calamity was. Unless Nintendo has some real bombs cooking I dunno how likely it is that we’ll get another direct, especially when stuff like Age of Calamity(which really feels like a “end of direct surprise” game) got shadowdropped, which seems to imply Nintendo simply doesn’t have enough to show.

I’m not willing to bet over it though. More games is more games in my book :falconslurp:

edit: wait was this already announced or...
Just popped up in my feed

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nah, I think NES nostalgia get's milk to death compared to N64 nostalgia. Plus Nintendo likes to pretend SM64 and Ocarina of Time are the only N64 games that exist sometimes. I sure know the N64 Sub-Reddit like to pretend it is. But yeah, the Gamecube definitely get's more neglect.

What the hell?! Double, double post.
I'm pretty sure the only reason Nintendo doesn't do as much nostalgia for the N64 as they do for Snes or nes is because Rareware practically carried the whole system and you know, they don't own most of those titles anymore.

D

Deleted member

Advice time.

I'm always either stressed, I beat myself up, I'm lonely, or all three combined for a while everyday.

Is it just the year that is making this happen, or are there ways I can escape this pain?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Advice time.

I'm always either stressed, I beat myself up, I'm lonely, or all three combined for a while everyday.

Is it just the year that is making this happen, or are there ways I can escape this pain?
I don't know dude, you ask similar questions frequently, I don't think any methods we've given you were either tested or successful. :nifty:

D

Deleted member

I don't know dude, you ask similar questions frequently, I don't think any methods we've given you were either tested or successful. :nifty:
True, I forgot that I needed to take this to Discord.

To move on from this statement, Direct soon. Yay!

D

Deleted member

hmm.. having some trouble coming up with content ideas... but it should be fine for now, I guess. Don't really take my youtube channel that seriously so :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I AM REALLY OBSESSED WITH HEROIN AND I AM CRAVING MORE!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Bro **** Bardock B and even the new Roshi B, Android 16's new B Assist gotta be one of the best in the game.

Roshi himself is fun to play, it's just a matter of if I can learn his damn combos
He's definitely gonna have a high skill ceiling because he has a move for nearly every input. I think he has the most moves in the game iirc, but I'm excited to see where he goes.
I AM REALLY OBSESSED WITH HEROIN AND I AM CRAVING MORE!
This would have been awful if the image didn't load.

D

Deleted member

So I'm not super happy with how my current avatar pic turned out, so I decided to draw a new one(and also mess with some color options while I'm at it)

Also somehow the file got corrupted right after I finished drawing it... uh
Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 8.49.53 AM.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Partner Showcases just can’t catch a break

oh well PS5 time is today anyways