• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So it's been a mixed week.

Counselling has still not came back to me, I've had a loss of appetite, one of my IRL friends still hasn't answered a basic question and as you guys clearly know, my mood swings are still there, Still I got Sakura Wars and made a small step forward in employment.

And to my friends on the Discord, I'm sorry about last night and keep bombarding with text and stuff. Was trying to continue the conversation but then I started panicking a bit so that's kinda what led to it. Admittedly I wanted to continue talking about stuff but it felt like I failed in it.

Having friends is a weird thing and I'm still in a way, kinda new to the online world of making them. I can't change people, I know that.

And as mentioned last night, this is still the start of a very long road for me so I'm asking to try and keep by me on it. About 10 of you people have been a massive pillar of support this year; during the pandemic and my breaking of ties with my family. I still see joining this forum as one of the best decisions in the past number of years I've made. As much as I sometimes want to delete my account and not come back for a long time, I think the cost would be a bit too much.

A part of me is tired of having to plead and remind people and I know I can't change it at all. Days like this will continue and that is why I have went into counselling. As the doc said, once that, getting a job and slowly starting a routine will be key to stopping it. It's just patience.

I know this social thread is meant for light-hearted stuff but this so I can say to my friends on both here and on the Discord group.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So it's been a mixed week.

Counselling has still not came back to me, I've had a loss of appetite, one of my IRL friends still hasn't answered a basic question and as you guys clearly know, my mood swings are still there, Still I got Sakura Wars and made a small step forward in employment.

And to my friends on the Discord, I'm sorry about last night and keep bombarding with text and stuff. Was trying to continue the conversation but then I started panicking a bit so that's kinda what led to it. Admittedly I wanted to continue talking about stuff but it felt like I failed in it.

Having friends is a weird thing and I'm still in a way, kinda new to the online world of making them. I can't change people, I know that.

And as mentioned last night, this is still the start of a very long road for me so I'm asking to try and keep by me on it. About 10 of you people have been a massive pillar of support this year; during the pandemic and my breaking of ties with my family. I still see joining this forum as one of the best decisions in the past number of years I've made. As much as I sometimes want to delete my account and not come back for a long time, I think the cost would be a bit too much.

A part of me is tired of having to plead and remind people and I know I can't change it at all. Days like this will continue and that is why I have went into counselling. As the doc said, once that, getting a job and slowly starting a routine will be key to stopping it. It's just patience.

I know this social thread is meant for light-hearted stuff but this so I can say to my friends on both here and on the Discord group.
I hope things get better for you. You're clearly under a lot of stress.

D

Deleted member

Pray tell, what I'm looking at?
It's one of the Omniscience Dragons from Great Nature, Cath Palug specifically
G-FC02-023EN-RRR.png

Yes I know they don't look like dragons but there's a really specific lore reason why they're called dragons, that would take way too long to explain.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's one of the Omniscience Dragons from Great Nature, Cath Palug specifically
View attachment 282128
Yes I know they don't look like dragons but there's a really specific lore reason why they're called dragons, that would take way too long to explain.
Cath Palug is a mythological cat in Arthurian lore, right?

iirc, it is depicted as the amalgamation of different animals in some sources and monsters like that can be called "dragons" even if they aren't reptilian (like the Tarasque).

D

Deleted member

Cath Palug is a mythological cat in Arthurian lore, right?

iirc, it is depicted as the amalgamation of different animals in some sources and monsters like that can be called "dragons" even if they aren't reptilian (like the Tarasque).
Yeah, but that's not the reason why here. Considering Great Nature's school-like focus it's more of an honorary title(similarly but not exactly like getting a P.H.D), with the added benefit of transformation into a higher being if you earn it(it's really complicated and if I have to be honest it's never fully explained how or why)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I managed to get a female Kubfu and now we’re best friends! Now I just need to level her up to take on the tower!
Nice. Surprised to see you returned to the game.

Was feeling bored recently, so I wanted to use my secondary account to get another Kubfu. Will probably do so another time so I can get both formes of Urshifu and a separate Kubfu for the living dex (that current file in use is a Surprise Trade Nuzlocke, anyway, so not like I would be able to use it anyway).

As I found out from watching the Isle of Armor speed run, you can challenge the towers if the game detects you no longer have Kubfu (either releasing or trading it away), thus allowing you to use your regular team. Albeit at the cost of the NPCs being very confused why you'd do such a thing (the speed run nicknames doing this "bad ending" since their dialogue just becomes ellipses/Mustard wondering why you even want to go through all of this anymore). I question why it was even programmed to work that way, but it's funny in a messed up sense.

D

Deleted member

As I found out from watching the Isle of Armor speed run, you can challenge the towers if the game detects you no longer have Kubfu (either releasing or trading it away), thus allowing you to use your regular team. Albeit at the cost of the NPCs being very confused why you'd do such a thing (the speed run nicknames doing this "bad ending" since their dialogue just becomes ellipses/Mustard wondering why you even want to go through all of this anymore). I question why it was even programmed to work that way, but it's funny in a messed up sense.
That always struck me as funny because that is a very not GF thing to do. Normally they would just go "woops!? no Kubfu, no entry!" but they went out of their way to code a failsafe for that scenario, which is arguably harder then simply using a state check to do something along the lines of this
Does have Kubfu?move npc after dialogue and keep the load zone intact
Does not have Kubfu?change the dialogue, do not move npc, unload the load zone
Like that wouldn't take nearly as long as changing the dialogue if the game detects you don't have Kubfu for every single NPC, and changing the state of battle so you can use a full team. Which is just funny to me.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To try and get myself in a slightly better mood.

Been playing Sakura Wars.
@JDCabrera Lamperouge Lamperouge and any other JRPG fanatics. He is our new deity of JRPG's.

Cutlet Guy.jpg

Cutlet Guy is our new God.

Though, the type of guy who would only go to a theater to eat cutlets is the same guy who would go to a hospital to eat shortbread........
which may or may not have been me once.

D

Deleted member

I accidentally revealed my voice on Discord...

This is really embarrassing, now people know how ugly my voice is. ;-;

I hope everyone is doing alright at this fine day.
I dunno, revealing your voice isn't that big of a deal imo.
As for today, I have to move our kitchen table because we're getting a new one. And sweep the floors. Clean off the counters. make the kitchen spotless, otherwise my parents will yell at me. Do the dishes and laundry all day too. Oh boy. this is going to be soooooo much funnnnn...

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I am going to flex and say in a few months, I will be a Phoenix Wright main.
Bro same
Can’t wait for his reveal trailer, that’s gonna be hype
A1FD8771-EDEB-4A4C-B527-162704085678.png

Giraffe isn't real.

He cannot smell you. He cannot touch you. He cannot watch you.

Giraffe isn't real.

You're going to be okay. 🦒
"The Enrichment Center reminds you that the Giraffe will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, is not real."

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What if ArcSys made a Pokémon fighting game?
Im up for any ArcSys fighting game? Hell, Id pay 60 bucks for an ArcSys smash bros traditional fighting game
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a 🅱ee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The 🅱ee, of course, flies anyway, because 🅱ees don't care what humans think is impossible.
You ever just 👌🔥💯🅱?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well after seven seasons, the Agents of SHIELD comes to an end. I've first watched the show since Disney+ launched and there were a couple of moments that I enjoyed.

I'm really glad that the seventh season gave Daniel Sousa another chance since the Agent Carter series ended on the second season. I wonder if we can expect Daisy, Korra and Sousa to join up with the Agents of SWORD?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To try and get myself in a slightly better mood.

Been playing Sakura Wars.
@JDCabrera Lamperouge Lamperouge and any other JRPG fanatics. He is our new deity of JRPG's.

View attachment 282129

Cutlet Guy is our new God.

Though, the type of guy who would only go to a theater to eat cutlets is the same guy who would go to a hospital to eat shortbread........
which may or may not have been me once.
I'm still partial to Gatekeeper from Three Houses myself.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gatekeeper singlehandedly saved Smash Bros. by being on Byleth's stage.

Smash before Gatekeeper? Trash.
Smash after Gatekeeper? Perfection.
Thank god that Garreg Mach cycles between different areas because there's no way I'd be able to focus on the match if Gatekeeper was always in the background lol.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Almost every time the Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time Twitter account posts something there are a couple people who like to bug them for a new ending specifically have it where Jack and Ashi get to be together.

Unless Genndy Tartakovsky is willing to make the show's ending non-canon, I don't see it happening.

D

Deleted member

I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of modeling with blender, aside from a few kinks(I can't for the life of me figure out how to color models)
Screenshot (12).png

D

Deleted member

I think I'm slowly starting to get the hang of modeling with blender, aside from a few kinks(I can't for the life of me figure out how to color models)
View attachment 282141
To color models, you have to click on 'material properties' (the one second to the bottom on the right-side menu), then click on the '+' button, then you have created a material and finally, change the color in the surface section.

Now, you won't see any color yet, what you should do is press 'z' and click on 'rendered' and now you can see the color on your model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom