• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't want to sound spoilt given we just got Min Min but damn were we blessed with E3 last year giving two DLC reveals.
I mean, that's kinda been the norm for E3 for awhile, so I wouldn't called that 'spoiled'.

They really can't wait 'that' long between releases if their end goal is December 2021, they can go about 3/4(maybe) months between before they run out of time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, that's kinda been the norm for E3 for awhile, so I wouldn't called that 'spoiled'.

They really can't wait 'that' long between releases if their end goal is December 2021, they can go about 3/4(maybe) months between before they run out of time.
Just meant like, we got a bunch of new stuff today but I still want word of what's next.

I know we'll learn eventually

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all i'm saying is that one of these remixes received a hundred times more love than the other, even if the other one still isn't bad

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i have been up for far more hours than any other human should have so uh

more music baybee!!!!!!!!

Lead singer of Sianvar formerly, he has a unique voice. I have a lot of issues with post-hardcore because it's the only core genre I like, but I am not a fan of screamo since that comprises of 90% of core music in general. However, his screams are barely screaming at all based on how high his pitch is, so I like his songs.

Also, the guitarist in Nova Charisma literally looks like Sr. Pelo and it bothers me.

Main guitarist for a lot of bands, main guitarist for Sianvar formerly. He also founded Dance Gavin Dance in '05 but I hate most of that band's songs solely for the lead singer. Anything he touches is a work of art for guitarwork though.

Neat pop punk band, funny name, kinda like Never Loved.

Post-hardcore band with the revelation that their screaming doesn't really bother me because it isn't an unnecessary deep screaming. It's probably because the Record label that picked them up is literally Will Swan's, and all of his bands under that label are like this.

I think I already talked about Makari last time but I'd check them out, they're a really good rock band.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is it just me or do some of the sound effects in BfBBR feel.... missing? I don’t know. Especially during boss fights they just don’t have the crunch you feel they should.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'gotta say, hitting Min-Min's dragon laser at like the tip of it & getting a KO with that is one of the most satisfying things ever.

Otherwise, Min-Min is fun, but quite weird, and dat recovery, oof. Still think she has potential to be great, but only time will tell. (At the very least, I can see her being great in Doubles)

Falco Dair landing lag is also hella fast now, like I'm no Falco main, but I'm really curious to hear how the frame data compare between pre-patch & post-patch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
'gotta say, hitting Min-Min's dragon laser at like the tip of it & getting a KO with that is one of the most satisfying things ever.

Otherwise, Min-Min is fun, but quite weird, and dat recovery, oof. Still think she has potential to be great, but only time will tell. (At the very least, I can see her being great in Doubles)

Falco Dair landing lag is also hella fast now, like I'm no Falco main, but I'm really curious to hear how the frame data compare between pre-patch & post-patch.
What's wrong with her recovery? I thought it was on par with Byleth and Joker's up specials?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My guess on when we could see the reveal for the next fighter will be some time between mid July to late August.

When it will release I'm not going to guess.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
What's wrong with her recovery? I thought it was on par with Byleth and Joker's up specials?
Well contrary to Byleth, she can't use it to gain some height if she land it on a opponent, and she isn't as as fast as Joker is in the air to mix-up her approach, from the little I played atleast. In fact, off-stage, her aerial are really awkward, and you're probably going to get easily edgeguarded if the opponent know what they're doing.

Of course, it's day 1, so maybe we find more way to recover with her or just deal with opponent off-stage, but for now, she seem like the kind of fighter you want to stay on stage at all cost.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know Mega Man the Wily Wars? How about Capcom does that. Again. With every Mega Man game 1-10. And a new Wily Tower. With over 100 different Robot Master weapons and power ups to pick and choose from.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
FB_IMG_1593526539698.jpg

I'm saving this picture for historical documentation, the stage select screen being a perfect square fills me with joy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
**** the respawning enemies in Battle for Bikini Bottom. I've been stuck in the Trench of Advanced Darkness because of dying on the platforming challenges and having to switch back and forth between characters every five seconds to clear the enemies out again. Seriously. I killed you so stay dead!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Serious question. If we got a FNaF character in Smash, should it be a serious character from the franchise like Freddy, Baby, or Springtrap? Or should it be one of the franchises goofier side-ventures like FNaF World, Freddy in Space, or even the Animdude?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ok. Serious question. If we got a FNaF character in Smash, should it be a serious character from the franchise like Freddy, Baby, or Springtrap? Or should it be one of the franchises goofier side-ventures like FNaF World, Freddy in Space, or even the Animdude?
On the wild off chance that we do get a FNAF character, it'll definitely be one from the main games. It's the most accurate representation of the series. FNAF World and Freddy In Space aren't meant to be taken seriously, and There Is No Pause Button isn't a FNAF game. The way I see it, having a spin-off character get in before a main series character is like if Todd Snap got in before Pikachu did. Just my five cents though.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
On the wild off chance that we do get a FNAF character, it'll definitely be one from the main games. It's the most accurate representation of the series. FNAF World and Freddy In Space aren't meant to be taken seriously, and There Is No Pause Button isn't a FNAF game. The way I see it, having a spin-off character get in before a main series character is like if Todd Snap got in before Pikachu did. Just my five cents though.
Or like Joker getting in before Jack Frost or Demi-Fiend.... wait....

In all seriously though, I agree with you. Although I do think the Animdude boss from FNaF World would be hilarious. As would Space Freddy (and they could even donate the proceeds for that character to Saint Jude).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, Joker is the playable character in P5, not Jack Frost. Also I have never heard of Demi-Friend in my life so I can't say anything there.
He's the only non-generic player character from the Shin Megami Tensei games and as such is usually the choice of fans when picking a character from the series. My point was emphasizing that a Persona character got in before an SMT one.

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game: Rehydrated. That should happen now.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
here is something interesting to look at the smash roster
Human: :ultbyleth::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultdoc::ulthero::ulthero2::ulthero3::ulthero4::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultjoker::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ult_terry::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultzss:
Half Human: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultganondorf::ultlink::ultminmin:ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultsheik::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Animal: :ultbanjokazooie::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsquirtle::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultwolf::ultyoshi:
Plant: :ultpiranha::ultivysaur:
Robot: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Other: :ultalph::ultinkling::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
I think we need more plants and robots
got any ideas for them?
Pyra
GLaDOS
Claptrap
Big Daddy
Mad Cat (Timberwolf)

+1 for 2B and KOSMOS

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can I just say how much the whole "hype responsibly" thing annoys me. Like all the posts on the Crash Bandicoot subreddit are like "100 levels might not actually mean 100 levels" and I'm like do you not want to be excited? Like why is it any of your business? If the game doesn't actually have 100 levels and the advertisement lied then Activision deserves the heat that will generate from people's disappointment. Just stop being a killjoy.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, quick question. Do y'all know if the Link's Awakening spirits were ever added to the spirit board normally? I missed the event.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Can I just say how much the whole "hype responsibly" thing annoys me. Like all the posts on the Crash Bandicoot subreddit are like "100 levels might not actually mean 100 levels" and I'm like do you not want to be excited? Like why is it any of your business? If the game doesn't actually have 100 levels and the advertisement lied then Activision deserves the heat that will generate from people's disappointment. Just stop being a killjoy.
I usually just take it as “don’t get too caught up in the hype that you take things too far if things don’t go your way”

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! I am looking at your profile picture trying to understand what even is happening in it and I am still confused x'D Did a guy put tubas all over himself or something?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think people say stuff like “hype responsibly” in hopes others won’t go into a rage when they turn out to be wrong about what they think is happening and/or they just can’t handle disappointment.

I agree, though; while viewing stuff about what may happen differently is fine, of course, repeatedly urging others to be cautious just comes off as annoying and can feel disingenuous at times. You can’t stop the minority of people who will rage from doing so (as has been proven multiple times in this community), and a lot of people who get upset only are for a short amount of time and will go back to normal since they can handle it or don’t even take it that seriously. Personally, I don’t really get annoyed at people saying it if people already seem to be acting up, though if everyone is just being happy and stuff then yeah, it makes me think “ugh...”

Anyway, about your FNAF question: I think the character should be Freddy from the maingames. He makes the most sense to me as the “mascot” or main dude or whatever. He and Golden Freddy are my favorites personally, though I like all the others too. The Puppet and Balloon Boy are also favorites of mine.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
He's the only non-generic player character from the Shin Megami Tensei games and as such is usually the choice of fans when picking a character from the series. My point was emphasizing that a Persona character got in before an SMT one.

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game: Rehydrated. That should happen now.
Demi-fiend isn't "the only non-generic" SMT protag. He's a nameable sillent protag like the others.

Also, Persona is its own franchise that began as a Megami Tensei game just like SMT. There's nothing weird about prioritizing one over another.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom