• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Holy frick, imagine if there was a Super Smash Brothers Super Show and the live-action segmenta were starred by Sakurai with other popular developers as guests.

Sakurai: "Hey Kamiya! Nice to see you passing by! What are ya doin'?"

Kamiya: "I was getting myself prepared to block you IRL"

*Sitcom laugh*

Sakurai: "....oh"
That would be brilliant.

Wanna what would be better?

Yoko Taro. I could watch him rant and drink for hours about what he thinks about the industry.
"I just really like girls" He is a true legend.

D

Deleted member

That would be brilliant.

Wanna what would be better?

Yoko Taro. I could watch him rant and drink for hours about what he thinks about the industry.
"I just really like girls" He is a true legend.
Lol, I have an idea for another hilarious one.

ZUN.

And the whole skit he is drinking beer and trying to get Sakurai to drink some.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ah I see someone who enjoys rantings of Gordon Ramsay.
I'll admit its way too "made for TV" but that ain't the point.

Pretty much. Its a sales chart dominated usually by COD, Fifa and GTA, so its a bit refreshing to see regardless.
It's better if you treat shows like that like a ****post and act like everything is a Shonen series. Everyone's so dramatic that you can't help it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Holy ****, I'm lucky. Within an hour of starting the game, I ran into this.
IMG_20200531_171305.jpg

Not to mention that the real Flocenncy spawn was a Riolu, this run is off to a great start!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was looking up Switch Pro Controller skins on Google images and this Etsy item was in the sponsored section along with other skins:

View attachment 273358

*insert switchblade joke here*
Introducing the new Arms title: Knife. Stretchy arms ain't the only thing helping them win battles this time.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
"Take advantage of being able to customize your RPG party with endless combinations like the developers intended"

Drake disapproves

"Use the same set of monsters over and over again because you love and cherish them"

Drake approves

That's me whenever I play a Pokemon, Digimon or Yokai watch game, or to some extent Persona

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This year, at EVO Online (or as I like to call it, Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Think about it) Capcom finally announces a new MvC game!
and it’s Midway vs Capcom!
No offense when I say this, but keep dreaming. I don't think that is going to happen, in my opinion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No offense when I say this, but keep dreaming. I don't think that is going to happen, in my opinion.
This was more of a troll. K know it will probably never happen. Though I think it becomes more likely if the equally improbable Mortal Kombat vs Street a Fighter happens

Speaking of, what name do you think would befit such a title? Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter or Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat are the most obvious (as well as their name flipped alternatives) I dong think either really drips off the tongue. I personally like the name Street Kombat.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This was more of a troll. K know it will probably never happen. Though I think it becomes more likely if the equally improbable Mortal Kombat vs Street a Fighter happens

Speaking of, what name do you think would befit such a title? Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter or Street Fighter x Mortal Kombat are the most obvious (as well as their name flipped alternatives) I dong think either really drips off the tongue. I personally like the name Street Kombat.
Very funny, wise gal! Though I must admit, a Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter crossover would be sweet to see happen!

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter would be a good name, in my opinion.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Am I the only one who thinks Phineas and Euden give off very similar vibes? I can’t explain it cuz i’m not that smart but they remind me so much of each other

Dutch Raikuna

Ok, so does anyone else not like the word "Gamer"? It just sounds ultra stupid.

Like, I rather say "Yeah, I play quite a bit of video games" over "yeah, I'm a pretty big gamer".
I just say I like games.

What grinds my gears is when mothers talk about the games their kids play.

"Ack my wee Jack likes playin, you know the shooting. And. He's. Brilliant."

The horror. You guys won't know vocal horror until you hear Irish mothers talk about stuff like that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, it worked.

BUT IM VERY SCARED THERE IS A CLOWN SLOTH IN FRONT OF THE NEW RESIDENTIAL AREA AND IM FRIGHTENED.

Edit: ISABELLE HAS ARRIVED

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’ve just had a pretty stressful day at work helping clean up the aftermath of a huge riot last night and a pretty bad emotional breakdown at home, anyone interested in joining me for a 4-player casual arena?
I'm down. Just gotta eat supper real quick. Let me know when the arena is up, and I'll be sure to join you.

Dutch Raikuna

I’ve just had a pretty stressful day at work helping clean up the aftermath of a huge riot last night and a pretty bad emotional breakdown at home, anyone interested in joining me for a 4-player casual arena?
Feeling a bit sad for you after hearing that.

You want to talk about it? Really **** the rioting when it comes to stuff like this.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
It's kind of a stupid, silly thing... but after all these years, the inner child of me still wants to get something from an ice-cream truck. There's one that comes to our neighborhood from time to time... and I never got to do it as a kid. Is that sad? :(

I don't intend on getting political, but I will say this: If you're looting/burning down places, then you need to be arrested or at the very least get some therapy. Yes, tragic things have happened. But little sweet old grandma who spent her life savings running her little bakery that can barely make ends meet did nothing to you, and tearing her place down because you're mad at something that happened far away that she had no control over is NOT the answer.

Protesting against a criminal injustice by committing crimes yourself:
A. Only makes those against you feel more justifiable in their beliefs
B. Makes you a hypocrite
C. Causes problems for others
D. Makes you just as in the wrong as the people you're against.

Seeing people defend this behavior makes me sick.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My mom just bought a cat toy not knowing that it had catnip in it. One of my cats is currently on the floor, rolling around, biting the toy, scratching the toy, kicking the toy, and rubbing he head against the toy. He's doing it so fast too. That is the fastest I have ever seen him in my entire life, and he is a very fast cat. He's going so fast that occasionally he just goes from one position to another in less than a second. He's now trying to bite the toy with his head underneath his armpit.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
May I join please...?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm getting sent home from work early today out of fear of potential riots. I'm still getting paid for a full day, thankfully.

This just feels so surreal to me. This is my second year living in a big city and I'm already having to worry about my home and work getting caught up in a riot. Yet for some reason I don't feel all that scared.

I'll still try to keep an ear out for any potential danger.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What do you think we see first? Pokémon DLC or Smash DLC?

I’m personally betting smash because the character has probably been worked on for awhile so they will likely be in a good presentable state.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Feeling a bit sad for you after hearing that.

You want to talk about it? Really **** the rioting when it comes to stuff like this.
There’s been a riot near the city in my state. The country is definitely in an obstruct state right now.

Rizen

Smash Legend
It's kind of a stupid, silly thing... but after all these years, the inner child of me still wants to get something from an ice-cream truck. There's one that comes to our neighborhood from time to time... and I never got to do it as a kid. Is that sad? :(

I don't intend on getting political, but I will say this: If you're looting/burning down places, then you need to be arrested or at the very least get some therapy. Yes, tragic things have happened. But little sweet old grandma who spent her life savings running her little bakery that can barely make ends meet did nothing to you, and tearing her place down because you're mad at something that happened far away that she had no control over is NOT the answer.

Protesting against a criminal injustice by committing crimes yourself:
A. Only makes those against you feel more justifiable in their beliefs
B. Makes you a hypocrite
C. Causes problems for others
D. Makes you just as in the wrong as the people you're against.

Seeing people defend this behavior makes me sick.
I agree. I was a moveon organizer who organized peaceful protests. I fully support protesters and think it's a necessary part of democracy. But I do not condone looting or destruction of property.

Furthermore, it's just not the best time to be in large groups during a pandemic. I'm afraid this will trigger a second wave (which was inevitable anyway). Stay safe and vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom