• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Recently I saw a tweet which has made me question a lot of stuff I have done in the past.

The tweet was arguing that people with ADHD tend to ruin a lot of social relationships by talking about their life experiences to solve problems because "that way they make everything about themselves and end up annoying everyone near them".

Since I read that I am still concerned about whether or not I have really done good stuff all this time.
That sounds pretty ableist if you ask me. Just trying to make spectrum peeps look bad

D

Deleted member

That sounds pretty ableist if you ask me. Just trying to make spectrum peeps look bad
Yeah, but It seems many people agreed with that tweet so idk.

I'm so used to people disliking me IRL over my ADHD that I just find It normal sadly.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Recently I saw a tweet which has made me question a lot of stuff I have done in the past.

The tweet was arguing that people with ADHD tend to ruin a lot of social relationships by talking about their life experiences to solve problems because "that way they make everything about themselves and end up annoying everyone near them".

Since I read that I am still concerned about whether or not I have really done good stuff all this time.
That isn't true in the slightest. Don't listen to these people.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I love me some horrors, mysteries, comedies and Dramas for sure. One that has drama amd comedy withba hint of detectives is Balance unlimited but thats on hold. I have heard good stuff about Tower of God
Yakitate!! Japan is my favorite comedy. It's in the format of a battle shounen, but instead of fighting, they bake bread. The humor is ridiculously over the top, in a good way.

You might enjoy Cat's Eye too.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
They announced a few new Pokemon cards. It's notable cause a few of the big ones were ones not in the Galar dex - namely Scizor, Houndoom, Salamence, and Crobat. I wonder if that means any of them will be in the DLC.

D

Deleted member

Are you able to manipulate N64 models in general with Blender?

If so, though not right now, I'll have a favor to ask of you.
That depends on whether or not it has an armature and if I can find the model, but if the models in question have armatures (where needed, props and such will not need armatures,) and if I can actually get my hands on the models, then yes!

If you wanna discuss things, feel free to shoot me a PM here or add me on Discord. (NonsensicalThings#2065)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That depends on whether or not it has an armature and if I can find the model, but if the models in question have armatures (where needed, props and such will not need armatures,) and if I can actually get my hands on the models, then yes!

If you wanna discuss things, feel free to shoot me a PM here or add me on Discord. (NonsensicalThings#2065)
What is an armature? And yeah, the model in question isn't up yet, so I can't hand it to you. But I'll make sure to add you(or PM again for the Discord) when I have what it(maybe?) needed.

Long story short a character in a game has their only animations as them... laying down somewhat, with their back against a wall. I dunno if anything can be done with that.

D

Deleted member

B5E55518-101C-4C07-9C27-C1EE3DB97072.png
Yeah, I don’t see it. With that logic, you could say anyone discussing their problems is trying to make the conversations about themselves. Don’t let that get to you, dude.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it's never a bad time to play TTYD.
The problem I have regarding TTYD is that It is sold out everywhere on my island.

So I may have to rely on emulation for that one.

Paper Mario 64 however is apparently available at the Wii U Virtual Console.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The problem I have regarding TTYD is that It is sold out everywhere on my island.

So I may have to rely on emulation for that one.

Paper Mario 64 however is apparently available at the Wii U Virtual Console.
Remember when Nintendo brought back GC controllers for Smash 4 and everyone was like "LETS GO GAMECUBE VC!", and then Ninty was like, "lol no. Just for Smash."

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Kinda funny that the Switch has full GC controller support though. I guess that controller will never die.

D

Deleted member

What is an armature? And yeah, the model in question isn't up yet, so I can't hand it to you. But I'll make sure to add you(or PM again for the Discord) when I have what it(maybe?) needed.
Basically that model's skeleton. Not sure how advanced N64 model ripping is though. Do note that in rare cases games don't even use skeletons. Mario 64 is such an example where all animations are done via vertex transforming, scaling and rotation.

I assume you're talking about Quest 64? There are a few models on "The Model's Resource", but none of them are rigged. In fact they don't even come with a skeleton. You don't necessarily need a skeleton to edit poses and such, it just makes it easier.

Long story short a character in a game has their only animations as them... laying down somewhat, with their back against a wall. I dunno if anything can be done with that.
With patience everything is possible. The work needed depends on the model.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm... somewhat conflicted one the new Paper Mario, at least based on what we currently have right now.

On one hand, the game's characters (besides the usual Mario cast and the new Kersti-type character) look like they're still just generic Mario universe races, with no unique looking characters like in the first three games, which doesn't exactly bode well... but on the other hand, the rumor mill has been painting this game as a "return to form", and the screenshots actually show Mario walking around with different characters besides this game's new partner...

My main big hope right now is that this game uses a "real" battle system that makes you use some strategy, instead of that broken item-based system from Sticker Star and Color Splash. The "rotating ring" system this game has looks interesting so far, but I don't know enough to make any judgements on that.

I think I'll wait until the game's out and there's some reviews to check out before buying... and if it turns out like Sticker Star and Color Splash again, there's always Bug Fables and the two South Park games to fall back on.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone call me when we get more info about the battle system, don't wanna get my hopes up too much.
Let’s ****ing go!!!

Partners and the new battle system being more like the classic one. I’m hyped that the rumors were real

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So someone took a screenshot of the new battle system in Origami King and translated the text...

Looks like we're back to a more traditional battle system, and the items-only system from Sticker Star and Color Splash is gone. I'd say that's a good sign, though I'm still waiting for more info...

D

Deleted member

Let’s ****ing go!!!

Partners and the new battle system being more like the classic one. I’m hyped that the rumors were real
In that case, color me cautiously excited. I still don't like how sterile and in-your-face with the paper gimmick the modern games are, but it's a step in the right direction for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s Captain Toad’s brother:
38CD6218-D422-44FD-AB3C-8CA9C22AA80B.png

Explorer Toad :p

But good to see we could have more then generic enemies

D

Deleted member

6pm on a thursday evening, hyped about a new Paper Mario and listening to the Sakura Wars PS4 theme non-stop while browsing online.

What a comfy mood to have.

KillerCage

Smash Master
So, they just shadowdropped a new Paper Mario
Please don’t be like Sticker Star, please don’t be like Sticker Star...
I'm mix on this announcement.
On one hand, the Sticker Star aesthetic is still present and lack of unique character models is concerning.
On the other hand, the writing seems to closer in tone with the first three titles and there is an actually competent battle system in play.
I am going to wait this out so I don't get burned again like what happened with Sticker Star.
Coincidence that this was done the same day as a Paper Mario reveal?

...yeah probably.
Admittedly I'm more interested in this game than the Origami King.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Despite the news, I’m still gonna keep working on art and writing for my Paper Mario game ideas. Think I’ll work on more tonight after I get off work. Even came up with a name for it recently:

Paper Mario: The Star-Drawn Journeys

D

Deleted member

Despite the news, I’m still gonna keep working on art and writing for my Paper Mario game ideas. Think I’ll work on more tonight after I get off work. Even came up with a name for it recently:

Paper Mario: The Star-Drawn Journeys
I really like the name!

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Really hoping we get the same musical direction for Origami King that Color Splash got. That's one area that CS excelled.

An origami king... Is his name Croesus?

D

Deleted member

Yo! Someone at Forest Maze just noticed this:

Maybe we are getting OC characters!?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo. If anybody has some red rubber-toe sneakers in New Horizons, could you let me know? I'm looking for them right now. I'll but them of ya for triple the base price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom