• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Opinions please.

Free smash ultimate update. Waluigi upgraded to fighter, Fawful Assist Trophy replaces him. Chocobo & Moogle Assist Trophy added.

Fighter Pass Update. Yu Narukami Assist Trophy added to Persona Pack. King Slime Assist Trophy added to Dragon Quest Pack. Klungo Assist Trophy added to Banjo-Kazooie Pack. Mai Shiranui Assist Trophy added to Fatal Fury Pack (breast size reduced from pictured design). Someone from Three Houses assist trophy added to the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Pack.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Opinions please.

Free smash ultimate update. Waluigi upgraded to fighter, Fawful Assist Trophy replaces him. Chocobo & Moogle Assist Trophy added.

Fighter Pass Update. Yu Narukami Assist Trophy added to Persona Pack. King Slime Assist Trophy added to Dragon Quest Pack. Klungo Assist Trophy added to Banjo-Kazooie Pack. Mai Shiranui Assist Trophy added to Fatal Fury Pack (breast size reduced from pictured design). Someone from Three Houses assist trophy added to the Fire Emblem: Three Houses Pack.
They're not going to put in a full character and nine assist trophies, two of which we already know they can't even get the copyright for and one of which was denied even a background cameo, for free.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Zero is a lot of it because he started not the best in the game so he gave up and passively blamed the game. Also Bayo mains and bad quickplay warriors with bad wifi also.
Still, making entire video essays about "The Competitive Failings of Smash Ultimate" seems like a bit of an extreme response.

GhostM

Phantom
You're telling me some of you guys actually enjoy playing as D. Va?

I mean, she's fun to play but anyone who seriously plays her doesn't deserve rights.
I'm a Genji main, but I don't think I've ever played as D. Va before (maybe like once or twice?). McCree and Widowmaker are my secondary characters that I tend to swap to from time to time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm a Lucio main, Tracer secondary.

Trying to stay on the objective with my healing music is worthless when my teammates keep running away from the objective and get killed by the camping Junkrat main.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They're not going to put in a full character and nine assist trophies, two of which we already know they can't even get the copyright for and one of which was denied even a background cameo, for free.
I guess I should have clarified. I don’t want to know if it’s gonna happen. I just want to know if you like it or not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A full list of Heroes I play:

Tanks:
Orisa
Reinhardt
Roadhog
D. Va
Winston

DPS:
Reaper
Ashe
Junkrat
Bastion
McCree
Mei
Genji
Torbjorn
Soldier 76

-Echo is excluded from the list due to being a new release.

Support:
Zenyatta
Mercy
Lucio

And I just recently picked up Brigitte, so we'll see where that goes.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Still, making entire video essays about "The Competitive Failings of Smash Ultimate" seems like a bit of an extreme response.
I seen this video, there is some points I don't agree with, notably the stuff with Smash 4 being a "better competitive game", but overall, it doesn't go out of it's way to say Ultimate suck and you should feel about it for liking it.

Also, this ain't no sharp turn, I seen lots of peoples getting fed up with Ultimate as time pass on, and some of those problems are fair imo, especially in the gameplay aspects like dropping out of platform being much harder than it should or the buffer system.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I seen this video, there is some points I don't agree with, notably the stuff with Smash 4 being a "better competitive game", but overall, it doesn't go out of it's way to say Ultimate suck and you should feel about it for liking it.

Also, this ain't no sharp turn, I seen lots of peoples getting fed up with Ultimate as time pass on, and some of those problems are fair imo, especially in the gameplay aspects like dropping out of platform being much harder than it should or the buffer system.
I thought it went out of its way to say "Ultimate sucks and you should feel bad for liking it" in the title.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice
People need to stop listening to him for anything his teir list are wrong and don't make sense and the fact that he's not playing in tornaments shows because he knows nothing about half the cast. Idk why people think he's somehow the most reliable source for smash content. When hes really a whiny cry baby who was who constantly pushes down your throat how Smash ultimate ruined him.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
People need to stop listening to him for anything his teir list are wrong and don't make sense and the fact that he's not playing in tornaments shows because he knows nothing about half the cast. Idk why people think he's somehow the most reliable source for smash content. When hes really a whiny cry baby who was who constantly pushes down your throat how Smash ultimate ruined him.
I didn't even pay attention to who uploaded it, I just saw it start to regularly infest my YT video suggestions. And since I see people talking about how "jank" and "unga bunga" (the latter term of which still sounds uncomfortably racist to me) Ultimate is in other places, well...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Opinions please.

New Assist Trophies are cool but I wouldn't be very happy if I have to pay for the DLC characters I want and Waluigi fans get him for free just because.

Anyway, Three Houses AT better be the Gatekeeper.

Notaniceperson

Smash Apprentice

Idk how anyone could think Smash4 was an healthy competitive game fter Evo 2018 finals that just showed that it was cooked and players got good enough at Bayo to make it look like Fox and melee if it draged on much longer.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I thought it went out of its way to say "Ultimate sucks and you should feel bad for liking it" in the title.
Eh, your milleage may vary on that. It's not the best, but certainly not the worst title in the world imo.

That, and judging a video only on it's title ain't going to help. Like I said, his video has flaws, and I can't agree that Smash 4 was better competitive wise when I was here to see all the problems this game had when it was on the spotlight. He does have some (key word being some) good point on Ultimate problems like I mentionned earlier, but ultimately (haha), some peoples that see this video are going to take only the points that favor them and put Ultimate in a worse light than it actually is. Which suck, but hey, that's not surprising to me, and you should probably ignore those kind of peoples and enjoy the game with others peoples who still like it.

Also
"unga bunga" (the latter term of which still sounds uncomfortably racist to me)
That term is used by ton of peoples who play fighing game in general to describe a character you can just mash buttons with left & right and win without thinking too much. As far I know, it ain't use a racist term in the slightest, so chill pal.
Idk how anyone could think Smash4 was an healthy competitive game fter Evo 2018 finals that just showed that it was cooked and players got good enough at Bayo to make it look like Fox and melee if it draged on much longer.
...but he point out in his video that Smash 4 was poorly balanced Top Tier wise.

His point are more at how Smash 4 felt better to play than Ultimate, which in some places, I agree, but others, naaaah. (like who really used perfect pivot beside a few pro here and there? That technique just wasn't worth the effort imo. Unless you mained Fox or the like)

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I can't say I have a definitive main as of now, but Zenyatta and Junkrat are my favorites to play, by far. Echo looks like she'll be quite fun, too.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A full list of Heroes I play:

Tanks:
Orisa
Reinhardt
Roadhog
D. Va
Winston

DPS:
Reaper
Ashe
Junkrat
Bastion
McCree
Mei
Genji
Torbjorn
Soldier 76

-Echo is excluded from the list due to being a new release.

Support:
Zenyatta
Mercy
Lucio

And I just recently picked up Brigitte, so we'll see where that goes.
Dude, you have so many characters now lol. For me, my 6 are pretty solidified and I tend to stick to those 6.

BTW, when are you available for Overwatch this week?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dude, you have so many characters now lol. For me, my 6 are pretty solidified and I tend to stick to those 6.

BTW, when are you available for Overwatch this week?
I'm better at some than I am others, to be fair lol.

I might be available at some point today. I'll probably play some time around right after my lunch in a bit but it probably won't be for long. Depending on how my evening goes, a more reliable time for me to play would be tonight.

GhostM

Phantom
Uh oh, looks like someone hacked into Amazon France's database and is now posting fake PC listings such as Persona 5 Royal and even Super Mario Odyssey being "available" on PC, including Playstation only exclusives, and even the PS5 itself.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Overwatch Heroes I Play (Not all main, but am most comfortable with)

Tanks: Roadhog (Main), D.Va, Sigma, Orisa

DPS: Junkrat (Main), Reaper, Hanzo, Torbjurn

Support: Lucio (Main), All except Ana

Edit: I'm comfortable with playing Mei, but I have standards.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think Nintendo will still have a direct to present the week E3 was supposed to be? Other companies will probably take a while longer because they were planning on doing live shows. But Nintendo was always gonna do a direct. So is there a chance it could be ready as planned?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
For anyone interested, Splatoon 2's new patch notes are here
Version 5.2.0
MAIN WEAPONS
52. Gal, 52. Deco, 52. Kensa: Better painting around the feet

Roller, Krak-on Roller, Kensa Roller: Horizontal fling splash is slightly wider

Flingza, Foil Flingza: Vertical fling speed is increased by 3 frames

Tri Slosher, Tri Sloher Nouveau: Slosh speed increased by 2 frames

Glooga, Glooga Deco, Kensa Glooga: Ink efficiency increased by 7%

All Squiffers: Faster shot after coming out of a charge hold by 1 frame

All unscoped Splat Chargers + E-liters: Faster shot after coming out of charge hold by 2 frames

Splatterscopes + E-liter Scopes: Slightly narrowed paint line after full charge

Both Ballpoint Splatlings: Shot speed while in long range mode decreased by 4%, range also decreased. Reduced run speed by 10% while in short range mode

All Tenta Brellas: Recharging shield takes 40 frames longer, ink consumption increased by 10%

SUBS
Toxic Mist: Now has effect on baller

SPECIAL WEAPONS
Baller: Takes 16 frames longer to detonate. Light weapons will see in increase in acceleration speed (Luna, undercover, etc) while explosher will see a decrease in max speed by 10%.

Bubble Blower: Bubble size is no longer consistent. 1st bubble and 2nd bubble are now smaller, while 3rd bubble is the size it is now. Damage radius and paint radius is reduced respectively, however damage is still consistent.

SPECIAL COSTS
Nzap 83: 180 - 170
Custom Range Blaster: 180 - 170
L3 Nozzlenose: 210 - 220
Foil Squeezer: 180 - 190
Inkbrush Nouveau: 160 - 180

Amiibo Squid Beatz songs are now free to play, and disconnect penalties have been increased.

Thanks to The Inkademy Discord for the translated notes

Another day, another underwhelming patch. Ever since launch, this game has felt the need to constantly nerf everything, and it's really annoying.

I'd rather they buff weaker weapons instead of nerfing the good ones all the time. A game where everything is balanced because how nerfed they are is not fun imo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you think Nintendo will still have a direct to present the week E3 was supposed to be? Other companies will probably take a while longer because they were planning on doing live shows. But Nintendo was always gonna do a direct. So is there a chance it could be ready as planned?
Unless COVID-19 interferes more possibility delaying it yes.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I think so, the virus hasn't seemed to delay any directs so far.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I say there's a 35% chance of N Dog having Nintendo Direct during E3 week.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Unless COVID-19 interferes more possibility delaying it yes.
I think so, the virus hasn't seemed to delay any directs so far.
I say there's a 35% chance of N Dog having Nintendo Direct during E3 week.
2/3. It’s totally happening.

Now the bigger question? Will Dr. Coyle be revealed in the direct? Or will they have a separate “Mr. Sakurai Presents” direct time instroduce Min Min with other characters that aren’t Helix being revealed in the E3 direct?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You're telling me some of you guys actually enjoy playing as D. Va?

I mean, she's fun to play but anyone who seriously plays her doesn't deserve rights.
D.va and Junkrat are my mains, how dare you speak such blasphemy!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
2/3. It’s totally happening.

Now the bigger question? Will Dr. Coyle be revealed in the direct? Or will they have a separate “Mr. Sakurai Presents” direct time instroduce Min Min with other characters that aren’t Helix being revealed in the E3 direct?
My guess is that they'll reveal the ARMS character (and maybe FP7) during the E3 direct, and the Sakurai overview will be directly after it, like with Banjo

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My guess is that they'll reveal the ARMS character (and maybe FP7) during the E3 direct, and the Sakurai overview will be directly after it, like with Banjo
That's probably what will happen. I just really wanted a Crash/Geno double reveal at E3 and no way they reveal THREE characters in a single direct so that aint happinin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom