• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That feel when everyone is gonna complain about the Direct tomorrow but you don't have any expectations and are just gonna enjoy it for what it is:

Real talk, internet's probably gonna be insufferable tomorrow 'cause it's just gonna spark Pokemon debates back up. Good thing I got plenty of GDQ to watch. :p

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The only things I have guesses to show up in the Pokémon Direct are Pokémon Home and Detective Pikachu Switch.

Nothing more to avoid disappointment.

Shroob

Sup?
That feel when everyone is gonna complain about the Direct tomorrow but you don't have any expectations and are just gonna enjoy it for what it is:

Real talk, internet's probably gonna be insufferable tomorrow 'cause it's just gonna spark Pokemon debates back up. Good thing I got plenty of GDQ to watch. :p
I don't think there's going to be much to complain about since we pretty much know what we're gonna get.

Home news

Maybe a new side game

Mythical reveal

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The thing about a new mythical Pokemon is that it's just that. It would be literally news to us. Other mythicals have always been spoiled first.

So if we actually do get a new Pokemon in the form of a mythical, that's a pretty big win.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If you want to learn more about Gundam I would also recommend Gundam's first full length sequal 'Zeta Gundam' (1985) which is broadly agreed to be the best Gundam series, or at least the benchmark from which all subsequent Gundam series are measured. A word of warning however: both the original Gundam and Zeta Gundam are very different in style, execution and overall tone than what you may be used to from Gundam Wing. A more familiar Gundam I will kick in your direction is 'Gundam 00' (2007), an (in my opinion) excellent series that whilst to call it a 'spiritual successor' to Gundam Wing would be going too far, certainly had aspects of Wing in mind during conception and it might be a good place else to look in the Gundam franchise if you want more familiar footing.
Appreciate the in-depth post.

I know quite a bit about Gundam, but I have watched very little Gundam. I know a ton about most of the UC series by secondary exposure from games, fans, gunpla, etc. While Wing is the one from my youth, so I gravitate back to that due to familiarity and love it for that reason, I'm very familiar with all its numerous flaws and why it compares poorly to most other Gundam runs. (It's part of what drove me to abridging it, as it's much more fun to make fun of something you know and love but also kinda sucks.)

I know the general plot, suits and character development for G Gundam, the OG MSG, and spots of knowledge about Z, X, & V. 00, TurnA, and Iron-Blooded Orphans are the most interesting to me from what I generally know of them, and I have relatively no interest in Seed. And I watched Unicorn on late night Toonami a couple years ago; loved it. I know absolutely nothing about Thunderbolt, and while the more grounded point of view for 0080, 0083 and 08th MS Team are very appealing, I've been told explicitly not to watch those until I've watched the OG and Zeta.

I'll be watching a ton of Gundam and mecha in general this year to catch up on the fandom and rely less on second-hand knowledge, but I don't want to burn out on it, so I'm mixing in various other anime along the way.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don't think there's going to be much to complain about since we pretty much know what we're gonna get.

Home news

Maybe a new side game

Mythical reveal
I don't think anyone here will, should've prefaced I was talking about other places lol. I could just be being pessimistic, though.

I'm just really excited for more Pokemon, even if it's small stuff.

D

Deleted member

Only know Panty and Stocking for some of its songs. I think I heard one in a Lythero Smash compilation and it encouraged me to research. Found this gem so I'm happy about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Infinity train had a very interesting ending to the episodes tonight. Should be interesting going forward

D

Deleted member

I just want to see a new Pokémon Ranger for the Switch announced tomorrow

Shroob

Sup?
YouTube keeps recommending me all these "Can I beat x game with y Pokemon?" Videos.

First few were kinda neat but lately all they've become is "So we use double team".

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
had.

As for Gundam, well watching the original is a great idea no matter how you go about, but speaking as a very knowledgeable fan I would strongly advise watching the compilation films over the TV series. Many anime fans I know tend to baulk at such a suggestion having long been conditioned into finding compilation films to be cheap cash-grabs which end up being vastly inferior to the series they're complied from, and in general they're not wrong but the original Gundam's film trilogy is the ultimate exception. Most Gundam fans broadly agree it to be better than the TV series and especially better for new watchers as the films cut most of the weaker episodes and goofier stuff while retaining all the important parts of the narrative and improving them with sprinkles of higher quality animation. If the TV series is the only convenient way for you to watch the original Gundam then go for it, both versions are fantastic but do watch the film trilogy if at all possible.
This is 100% bull****

staindgrey staindgrey
Watch the TV series not the movies
You literally miss out on some important moments with Amuro and the white base crew

Just watch it how its meant

Gundam 0079 > Zeta Gundam > ZZ Gundam > CCA
After that you can watch any Gundam series you like. Most Gundam show including the AU one's share concepts and parallels to OG UC stuff hence why you should watch all off the early UC stuff first.

I suggest watching Turn A as its probably my fav next to 0079. However be reminded Turn A is like BOTW in which it takes place around 5000-10000 years after the UC and its technically the ending of Gundam.

Also dont listen to people who say Victory and ZZ Gundam is bad. They are 100% wrong.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what do you guys think? FP5 and Nintendo Direct next week or February?

I'm confident for next week but I have a gut feeling we might have to wait until February.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So what do you guys think? FP5 and Nintendo Direct next week or February?

I'm confident for next week but I have a gut feeling we might have to wait until February.
Have to wait for February, the pop up regarding 6.1.1 doesn't expire until January 31, meaning we can't get an update until after the pop up expires.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The pokemon direct has such a threatening aura

Literally being announced on what every one was certain was a new direct month

You'll either get info blow out on pokemon home and sleep, a new mythical, or another half assed game or all 3

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't have Sword/Shield, and I probably won't get it until I've beaten Pokemon Y, but I'll still watch the Direct. Might as well see what they've got to announce.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I completed two full Infinity Rifts in MUA3. Got some decent work in on the third. But that one with Symbiote Spider-Man as the last prize really is gonna be a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom