• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm not disappointed at the lack of a fighter.
I'm disappointed that there was nearly NOTHING that I cared about.
There was SUPPOSED to be a Sonic appearance... but that didn't happen.
And Nintendo didn't have anything of their own to show off.
Honestly, I kinda think they should've saved the Breath of The Wild 2 Reveal for the VGAs. That way they would've had SOMETHING.
What do you mean Sonic was at the Green Day performance that counts right?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
we've still got half of December for a Direct - I believe the one that revealed Little Mac in Smash 4 came out in December
It was Rosalina who was revealed in December, and the week in which the final Smash 4 Direct aired is coming up.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I'm pretty sure everyone collectively on the Nintendo side of gaming over hyped TGA lol.

Most people who don't care about Nintendo seem to be pretty happy with the event.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
It seems hard for peeps on twitter to understand Bravely default and Bravely second is like the 1st arc and the 2nd arc of the first season of a show and Bravely 2 is like the 2nd season

If they make a Bravely second 2, that is a sequel to Bravely 2, then I am sure it will clear everything up.

MooMew64

It seems hard for peeps on twitter to understand Bravely default and Bravely second is like the 1st arc and the 2nd arc of the first season of a show and Bravely 2 is like the 2nd season
People just like to meme Square Enix naming conventions.

This is just gonna join the "HEY AIN'T THAT THERE KINGDOM HEARTS GAME SOOOOO CONFUSING? DUMB NAMES, AM I RIGHT?" memes that stopped being original awhile ago.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Game Awards was disappointing. While some things I wanted to win won and the Muppets part was hilarious, I found the reveals underwhelming, especially from Nintendo.

I thought for sure we'd get some dirt on Bayonetta 3 after 2 years of silence but nope.

It just made me hungry for a new Nintendo Direct.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Android 21 is cool. At least she actually has moves and ****.

Unlike the useless Freeza soldiers they keep padding the rosters with like...Appule.

The guy that literally never fought and thus has no canon abilities.
I didn't even know he was in this game, I just used the custom character for everything.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm alright. What about you? I've been setting up new devices. Other than that nothing much.
Been living, mostly. I've been trying to fix my service issue so I can get back online. Straight Talk made a change to their plans without updating about it, and I missed an entire month's worth of online play. Hopefully the new plan I got fixed this.

MooMew64

I'm kind of disheartened by some of the responses I was seeing people I follow get about TGA.

A lot of people I follow were hyped for Smash but didn't get it and were super bummed out. Not outraged or over the top, just disappointed, and all they got from people were "That's what you deserve for having expectations" and "They didn't promise you ANYTHING, shut up". Like yeesh, calm down. Not everyone likes what was announced.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm kind of disheartened by some of the responses I was seeing people I follow get about TGA.

A lot of people I follow were hyped for Smash but didn't get it and were super bummed out. Not outraged or over the top, just disappointed, and all they got from people were "That's what you deserve for having expectations" and "They didn't promise you ANYTHING, shut up". Like yeesh, calm down. Not everyone likes what was announced.
If you’re disappointed about anything

ANYTHING

You’re a dumbass geek who got too overhyped when you know expecting something is illegal.

MooMew64

If you’re disappointed about anything

ANYTHING

You’re a dumbass geek who got too overhyped when you know expecting something is illegal.
Let's not forget the tried and true "You're not hyped for what I'M hyped for!? Unacceptable! You're spoiled!"

It wasn't crazy to think Nintendo might have something of their own. People gotta be sorry for having emotions and being excited and then let down, I guess. :drshrug:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
ngl imma glad that if there are any big reveals they'll be in a direct that's at a time that works for me and not during the graveyard shift

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Anything that wasn't getting revealed yesterday is probably getting revealed next month, so no big deal.

I prefer reveals in Nintendo Directs anyway. I don't like sitting through the VGAs hoping something will happen that piques my interest.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Remember, some people only get their testosterone kick, by being a ****. I've met proper trolls in the past and some can be spiteful. My counterargument is usually try that outside of a computer.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anything that wasn't getting revealed yesterday is probably getting revealed next month, so no big deal.

I prefer reveals in Nintendo Directs anyway. I don't like sitting through the VGAs hoping something will happen that piques my interest.
And it won’t be three hours

Noipoi

Howdy!
There’s no guarantee that you’ll like something. Something is too much to expect.
I haven’t come out of a single Nintendo direct in years that doesn’t have at least one thing I’m down with. Every year ninty drops several games I want to play, so it’s safe to say I’m guaranteed to enjoy it.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Just dropping by to say kudos to all of the winners, nominees, and every person and/or game that should've gotten a nomination but didn't (like Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, for example).

I also just wanted to post this:

Last edited:

MooMew64

I haven’t come out of a single Nintendo direct in years that doesn’t have at least one thing I’m down with. Every year ninty drops several games I want to play, so it’s safe to say I’m guaranteed to enjoy it.
Same here.

Even in the, uh..."unfortunate" 2015 E3 Direct, I still got hyped for some of the 3DS announcements.

Nintendo makes high quality, charming games. A stinker from them is extremely rare, and everything I've ever played from them is at least a 6/10 game, which is still a good time. Nintendo will always have at least one thing I like, which is why I always stick by their platforms, 'cause if I'm being honest both Sony and Microsoft have left people like me behind for the mainstream market, lol. Indies, Nintendo, and a few select Japanese devs are the only places I can still enjoy myself with games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom