• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Dunno if anyone mentioned it here but the people in charge of animating Sonic in the Sonic movie had to endure ****ty 17+ hour shifts and they had to lay a bunch of people off due to not getting enough pay, let's agree to not watch it after they lied that the animators would be treated well

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gonna be honest here:

I'm like 100% certain that Daisy picture means absolutely nothing and the theories surrounding it are extremely reaching. Like, Chair Theory levels of reaching.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dunno if anyone mentioned it here but the people in charge of animating Sonic in the Sonic movie had to endure ****ty 17+ hour shifts and they had to lay a bunch of people off due to not getting enough pay, let's agree to not watch it after they lied that the animators would be treated well
You got proof of that?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
b-bute sonic look gode

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
WayForward has announced that Shantae and the Seven Sirens is "nearly finished" but has delayed it to Spring 2020.

I'm okay with this. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Last edited:

MooMew64

WayForward has announced that Shantae and the Seven Sirens is "nearly finished" but has delayed it to Spring 2020.

I'm okay with this. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
I still haven't played much of any of them, so this is fine by me. Gives me time to catch up and play all the other ones that have been sitting in my backlog for years.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Why does this happen to literally every ****ing studio even if the movies are a major success
So who do are we supposed to burn in a mob of rage? Paramount or SEGA?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
While we're at it, let's burn Disney as the same happened for the people in charge of Totally Not Animated Lion King
god dammit SEGA i dont wanna lose yakuza but damn that's a whole animation studio

1576178655846.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Why does this happen to literally every ****ing studio even if the movies are a major success
Outsourcing is common which probably results in too much competition between these kinds of studios.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be honest here:

I'm like 100% certain that Daisy picture means absolutely nothing and the theories surrounding it are extremely reaching. Like, Chair Theory levels of reaching.
Yeah, you're right.

Mario's in the center, we should be focusing on him instead /s

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
god dammit SEGA i dont wanna lose yakuza but damn that's a whole animation studio

View attachment 252486
That whole thing is on Paramount. While SEGA may have a few things to do with the creative side, they would have absolutely no involvement with the actual physical production of the film. Burning SEGA for this would be like burning Capcom because of PSASBR.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Ok but the issue isn't competition when the people who get hired lose their jobs when making the best selling animated movie of all time
It can be if other studios can do just as well and for less cost.

Also would depend on how much a studio of 800 artists is actually receiving for each film. I'd say they likely get paid upfront, rather than receiving a cut of the film's earnings. If they were already under financial pressure, a studio that big can't ask for more money easily because it's a huge investment there and people are going to go to someone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK, so I just logged on to CTR and went to the pit stop to buy some new Grand Prix characters, and by a miracle of chance, I had just enough to buy all 5 new characters, INCLUDING the one you're supposed to earn in the Prix. Probably showed up in the shop as a glitch or something but I don't care, I have him now. No mindless Nitro grinding this Christmas! Just enjoying the brand new characters!

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, how many hours until the Game Awards?

I couldn't find a stream for it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
im watching the VGAs anyway just to see FE 3 Houses win

MooMew64

Real talk, it's probably gonna be either Zelda or Smash, and even though I want Zelda news more, I'm a little doubtful 'cause it sure as heck ain't releasing next year. They're also probably saving news about it for E3/a September Direct next year as well.

So, Smash news it is. Not gonna be disappointed if it doesn't happen, but I'll be a little surprised, especially with the amiibo wave and the site update.

MooMew64

ALTHOUGH, there is the potential my original theory pans out and TGA has no Smash and they save it for early January to show FP5 and detail how post-pass works.

Not saying that's the likely option, but it's still on the table.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wasn't going to be able to watch the Game Awards live because of work, but I woke up feeling pretty sick today so I called out.

I still might not watch it live though. As much as I want to see a new Smash reveal live (assuming we even get one this year), the rest of it sounds pretty boring. I really couldn't care less which games win which awards.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
She came in today's update.

The baby versions of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Daisy are also doctors in it.
I remember then...but I never expected Baby Rosa, and from what I am seeing just now, she has a more matching colors than the Mario Kart version where she has deep blue shoes and a yellow pacifier. Odd.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
My friend told me he thinks we're getting Dovahkin tonight.

Would be different I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom