• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
TURNED ON THE RADIO, AND THERE'S ALREADY CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

HALLOWEEN ISN'T EVEN OVER YET!

I SWEAR, EVERY YEAR THEY START IT EARLIER AND EARLIER

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Past Halloween costumes? Let’s see what I can remember... I was a Power Ranger twice, Harry Potter, a Yankees player (at the very last minute), Green Lantern (but just a shirt, dumb plastic ring and a mask that would only be comfortable if I constantly squinted), and a character from a certain webcomic that shall not be named. That’s all I even remember.

My costume right now is a Skrull passing as a human.
Today my costume is Half-Life 3. It just doesn’t exist.

MainJPW

M.T.A
So.... costumes

Sonic is Indiana Jones?
Tails is Amelia Earhart?
Amy is... a chick in a purple dress?
and Eggman is just being him lol
Whoever Amy is the dress is pretty vintage. Probably someone from an old movie.

And Knuckles is in the back climbing the wall of the castle, presumably to hunt for some treasure.

Sooo...Knuckles being Knuckles.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I noticed a few of my neighbors have already decked out their houses with Christmas decorations. **** is completely lit up at night and everything, too.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yup

View attachment 244189

Welp, pack it in guys. It’s terrible.

I mean, it’s not out yet. And the few reporters who’ve played it note great improvements from previous installments, but it’s terrible.

Yeah no one here’s played it but who cares? It’s already terrible.

Objectively terrible.

Forever. For all times. Eternally terrible.

And hey, if I play it and think it’s great it’s just cuz I’m a guy who likes bad things y’know? There’s no chance it could be any good. Anyone who finds any value in it probably thinks Sonic 06 is a masterpiece too.

You know. Cuz it’s so terrible.

This isn’t good for my mental health.
I made an edit before you replied, you should check it out.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I’ve been seeing Christmas decorations in big lots September. Today when I was buying candy the lady goes “you gonna give out Christmas candy?”
Nobody is even allowed to mention halloween apparently.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So what did everybody dress up as for Halloween? I gave out candy dressed as my most wanted character for Smash, Professor Layton!
I put on vampire makeup yesterday for a Halloween party. But there was no real reason to dress up today.

Wish I could have handed out candy.

I wish for a lot of things.

You think a genie would mess with your second two wishes if you used the first one to free him?
I noticed a few of my neighbors have already decked out their houses with Christmas decorations. **** is completely lit up at night and everything, too.
Why does everyone skip thanksgiving?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I made an edit before you replied, you should check it out.
Aight, I jumped the gun. I was too quick to assume (which as the ancient monks used to say, makes an ass about of U and Me.) my bad on that one.

I’m just sick of it all. I’ve gotten **** from every website I dare to visit for committing the unforgivable sin of liking a video game meant for children. At a certain point it just wears you down. The games two weeks away, I should be having the time of my life, and yet here I am, all gloomy. **** sucks.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aight, I jumped the gun. I was too quick to assume (which as the ancient monks used to say, makes an *** about of U and Me.) my bad on that one.

I’m just sick of it all. I’ve gotten **** from every website I dare to visit for committing the unforgivable sin of liking a video game meant for children. At a certain point it just wears you down. The games two weeks away, I should be having the time of my life, and yet here I am, all gloomy. **** sucks.
Welcome to the rest of your life. Life peaks at 12th grade and is all downhill from there.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Are you not from the USA? It’s the holiday where we celebrate leaving Britain and starting a new country in America.
Don’t ask what we did next.
The pilgrims and the native Americans all had a grand old time, eating a feast and swapping stories.

Don’t you read your American history, silly?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Are you not from the USA? It’s the holiday where we celebrate leaving Britain and starting a new country in America.
Don’t ask what we did next.
Yeah, I know what Thanksgiving is.

It's the day where you celebrate a rabbit and color eggs all day, right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Jokes on you the rest of my life is going fine.

It’s just the Pokémon fandom specifically that’s got me down.
I’m three years older than you (you just turned 18 and I’m about to turn 21). Trust me when I say that life becomes a swirling vortex of pain and dispute that vaccumes away every hope and dream, every dollar earned, every precious hour, and every ounce of happiness until the day you can’t take it anymore and you stop. Life isn’t about making people happy. It’s about stripping them of everything they are and have and giving it to a handful of people sitting in bejeweled throne rooms as the world burns to death around them.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The pilgrims and the native Americans all had a grand old time, eating a feast and swapping stories.

Don’t you read your American history, silly?
Sure. Let’s leave it at that.
Yeah, I know what Thanksgiving is.

It's the day where you celebrate a rabbit and color eggs all day, right?
*facepalm* Sorry. I’m just not in the mood today.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for giving what?
Thanksgiving was originally a feast to celebrate colonist and indiginous indian relations. That didn't pan out well, but we now celebrate for tradition and because it's a good excuse to feast.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m three years older than you (you just turned 18 and I’m about to turn 21). Trust me when I say that life becomes a swirling vortex of pain and dispute that vaccumes away every hope and dream, every dollar earned, every precious hour, and every ounce of happiness until the day you can’t take it anymore and you stop. Life isn’t about making people happy. It’s about stripping them of everything they are and have and giving it to a handful of people sitting in bejeweled throne rooms as the world burns to death around them.
My happiness is an eternal force. Sure it may falter, but it’ll never be depleted.

The world can try and suck my happiness dry, but it’s gonna take em a while. And while they’re busy with that I’ll be achieving my dreams and destroying any obstacles in my path.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Aight, I jumped the gun. I was too quick to assume (which as the ancient monks used to say, makes an *** about of U and Me.) my bad on that one.

We all like games that are "made for children," I'm playing Luigi's Mansion 3 right now. I don't think that's why people are hating on SwSh. At least in my case, it's because I want it to be better, I expect it to be better because the other Nintendo made games have been better than their predecessors in a lot of ways. (I know it's Gamefreak, but Nintendo is publishing and has partial ownership of the IP) I've said multiple times that I want to like the game, but I just don't see anything to like about it. From the National Dex problem, to the lame marketing, to the stagnant gameplay and graphics (in my opinion I guess), it's just not something that I think is worth $90 out of my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom